6.1.6.6 Still Not Downloading HD from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon 6.1.6.6 Still Not Downloading HD from Amazon

Tested an episode of Mr. & Mrs Smith (2024) this morning - cannot download anything but 480p.

Looked at the forum this morning seeing the new update plus the removal of the red banner listing the DRM problems.
    Was excited to open the new StreamFab update only to find nothing had changed for me.
    Amazon still downloading at 540p and unable to get anything from CTV using the DRM MPD!
    Disappointed, to say the least.
    I suggest you put the red banner back up again as the DRM still needs dev work to fix it to give 1080 or at least 720.
    Not happy.

Comment

Well the change log said nothing about Amazon, and one of the moderator said the dev already told him 6.1.6.6 will not fix Amazon and Netflix yet, so it's no surprise.

Comment

Yes, I don't understand why they removed the red Banner again, even though the DRM problems still exist.

This suggests that there are no more problems with it, even though nothing has fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
          Yes, I don't understand why they removed the red Banner again, even though the DRM problems still exist.

This suggests that there are no more problems with it, even though nothing has fixed.

They don't want to show they aren't capables of fix it yet

Comment

Regarding the red banner, don’t know why it’s been removed. Bring it back until the DRM situation has been totally solved!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
              I, personally, have no intention of putting up another new banner because the only thing I was told this last Sunday, Feb. 18th, was that all the DRM problems would be fixed at the end of the week except Netflix and Amazon, which needed more work. A day later, the test version of 6.1.6.6 suddenly appears with no explanation or warning. It quickly became apparent, that the test version was meant to fix a non-DRM download problem in CWTV. I put up a banner briefly (< 5 minutes) telling of that release and telling of my displeasure with the situation. Thankfully, Jack calmed me down and made me see reason, and I took the banner down. I don't want to be the one to write everything is working great when it's not. Remember, I'm a StreamFab user myself, and I'm none too happy about how long this fix is taking to be completed and the lack of any information coming forth from Management about it. If they want to put up a banner, they can do it. After all, they are the only ones that actually know what is going on. This is the last I'm going to say on this matter.

Comment

I just downloaded a few 1920x1080 films from amazon.co.jp's prime service. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by UHASDFN View Post
                  I just downloaded a few 1920x1080 films from amazon.co.jp's prime service. *shrug*
                  were those newer films or older ones ??
                  i believe older films can be downloaded in 1080p

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I, personally, have no intention of putting up another new banner because the only thing I was told this last Sunday, Feb. 18th, was that all the DRM problems would be fixed at the end of the week except Netflix and Amazon, which needed more work. A day later, the test version of 6.1.6.6 suddenly appears with no explanation or warning. It quickly became apparent, that the test version was meant to fix a non-DRM download problem in CWTV. I put up a banner briefly (< 5 minutes) telling of that release and telling of my displeasure with the situation. Thankfully, Jack calmed me down and made me see reason, and I took the banner down. I don't want to be the one to write everything is working great when it's not. Remember, I'm a StreamFab user myself, and I'm none too happy about how long this fix is taking to be completed and the lack of any information coming forth from Management about it. If they want to put up a banner, they can do it. After all, they are the only ones that actually know what is going on. This is the last I'm going to say on this matter.
                    Hi Cats4U, I am a developer myself and I know too well, that some fixes or changes may have a huge impact and cannot be solved quickly or without major changes, especially if it needs to address complex 3rd party components which are say "undocumented" ... but regardless, our customers do expect more or less regular status updates about the progress. I believe a lot of frustrations here in the forum cold be calmed if such status updates would be published maybe in a specific "DVDFab Staff " thread or yet another banner, however in close communication with the development team - we wouldn't want to put even more pressure on the developers (I guess they already have plenty of that). BW

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Hi Cats4U, I am a developer myself and I know too well, that some fixes or changes may have a huge impact and cannot be solved quickly or without major changes, especially if it needs to address complex 3rd party components which are say "undocumented" ... but regardless, our customers do expect more or less regular status updates about the progress. I believe a lot of frustrations here in the forum cold be calmed if such status updates would be published maybe in a specific "DVDFab Staff " thread or yet another banner, however in close communication with the development team - we wouldn't want to put even more pressure on the developers (I guess they already have plenty of that). BW
                      Well, not being involved in developing StreamFab: is there anything you would say as a developer if you don't have any working solution? Would you tell folks "hey, no ETA but working on it" (which is what had been done already) or do you want more insight on what they tried without success? Nobody would tell you an ETA if it's not really around-the-corner... which it obviously is not ATM.

They are working as hard as they can. No ETA... period.
                      I don't need nobody repeating themselves.
                      What I want is an update, but words simply cannot not help here.

Read the list of changes in any product update carefully and you will be informed. If no word about Amazon or Netflix is in these lists, nothing has changed. Still working on it... no ETA. ;-)

Comment

Just downloaded everything in 5K . woohoo..

oh wait... 540........ the rest went bye bye.

Why take the banner away if it's still failing.

Comment

Everyone wants the Reader's Digest version of the forum. Just read every message on the forum, and you'll get the same information you would want in a banner and a whole lot more. I've personally read every message on the forum for about the last 2 years now. That is no lie.
                          And then when we do put up a banner, users post the same problems in the forum that we wrote about in the banner, telling that they are still broke because they didn't bother to read it before they posted. We can't win.
                          I'll see if Jack would want to put one up. I told you, I won't do it. Management isn't telling us hardly anything and when they do, we find out it is either wrong or less than truthful. I'm not going to make stuff up just to calm the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                            Everyone wants the Reader's Digest version of the forum. Just read every message on the forum, and you'll get the same information you would want in a banner and a whole lot more. I've personally read every message on the forum for about the last 2 years now. That is no lie.
                            And then when we do put up a banner, users post the same problems in the forum that we wrote about in the banner, telling that they are still broke because they didn't bother to read it before they posted. We can't win.
                            I'll see if Jack would want to put one up. I told you, I won't do it. Management isn't telling us hardly anything and when they do, we find out it is either wrong or less than truthful. I'm not going to make stuff up just to calm the masses.
                            Cats4U, for sure, your frustration is understandable and completely valid!

That said, having a visible banner was very helpful but for it to be effective, it should only contain specific facts about the situation (as the deleted banner pretty much did.) The banner should not make any promises, voice any displeasure, nor contain any opinions. In other words, "Just the facts, ma'am."

Clearly, there will be people who don't bother to read a banner and will post messages about something not working but for every one of those posts, there are probably twenty people who didn't post anything because they actually DID read the banner. Nothing is perfect but for sure, but taking the banner down may have sent a message to many that the DRM issue was solved so people ended up posting new messages when they felt something that should now be working wasn't working. It's not reasonable to expect that everyone will read each and every post. In my opinion, if someone creates a post complaining about an issue that's clearly identified in the banner message, nobody should feel obligated to respond to it. If anything, it should probably just be ignored!

I don't have statistics to prove this, but it seemed to me as if when the banner was up, the volume of new posts went down, and things were relatively quiet. When the banner came down, the post volume seemed to go up since people assumed we were back to "normal".

It's just my two cents, but I think we need a simple, banner announcing that the DRM issue exists, explaining what's likely to work and what's not likely to work, and that the developers are actively working on a fix but patience is needed, etc. Again, the original banner, for the most part, did a great job in covering these bases so nothing needs to be re-invented.

Either way, thank you for your efforts in not only moderating these forums, but also for your willingness to help everyone with your meaningful replies!

Comment

There. You've got your banner. Jack put it up. Do you know anything more than you did before? We don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X