Windows and MAC versions of Streamfab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Mac Windows and MAC versions of Streamfab

I purchased a few modules of this software (netflix, Amazon, Max and Canal+) and I must say that regardless of the version, it is a constant battle to download anything on a MAC (intel chip). I purchased the HULU module for Windows and I have ZERO problem. Any MAC user out there that could shade some light on this? I am about giving up on using the MAC

So when it comes to updates, the Mac version usually comes later than Windows. You should use Windows if you have the opportunity.

Comment

Thanks, I always make sure I get the latest updates but regardless of which versions, the MAC version never worked right. It stops for no reasons and you constantly have to click on START ALL to resume downloads and in some cases, the program exits and thats it. I also made sure to disable screen time-out and others, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdmine View Post
        Thanks, I always make sure I get the latest updates but regardless of which versions, the MAC version never worked right. It stops for no reasons and you constantly have to click on START ALL to resume downloads and in some cases, the program exits and thats it. I also made sure to disable screen time-out and others, etc..
        No problems with SF beyond the DRM issues on my Sonoma MacBook Pro. Occasionally I have to reboot. I have downloaded probably thousands of items from Amazon, Netflix and C4 (my film library (in Plex) is currently 10,000 strong).

Comment

I have 5 pc license for streamfab. can i use one of the license for my Mac ? or should i buy different subscription for mac ?

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
            I have 5 pc license for streamfab. can i use one of the license for my Mac ? or should i buy different subscription for mac ?
            i believe you have to buy the Mac license version of streamfab
            the 5 pc license are all for windows.

Comment

You cant install a Windows version on a Mac, you need a .dmg install.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                You cant install a Windows version on a Mac, you need a .dmg install.
                I am aware that i cannot install windows version on mac. I was looking for whether my windows streamfab license works with mac

Comment

I am aware that i cannot install windows version on mac. I was looking for whether my windows streamfab license works with mac
                  No, I don't think so, you need to buy a Mac license.

Comment

You can install the Windows version of StreamFab on your Mac if you use Parallels. I have both the Windows and Mac versions of StreamFab installed on my MacBook Pro. If one doesn't work than I will use the other. Chameleon is right, you do need a separate Mac license. Your 5-pc license is only valid for the Windows version.

Comment

Under the "Terms of License Authorizations"..... Paragraph 8 states as follows:.....

"8. When purchasing a multi-PC license, please specify which product line and which computer operating system you are purchasing for. For example, multi-PC license for UniFab product line cannot be used on PlayerFab. The original license for Windows system is inapplicable to MacOS and vice versa."

So it would seem that any included multiple licenses for your MAC version..... is only valid for that specific version..... and would require you to purchase a completely new subscription should you desire to have the WINDOWS version.....

However..... I see your "Join Date" in the left hand column is showing as "Feb 2024"..... which means you could still be under the 30 day money back guarantee..... so you could make a request to StreamFab to change you over from MAC to WINDOWS.....

That may be something that can work for you depending on how soon you joined this forum..... and if you're still within that 30 day money back guarantee period.....

Good luck!​

UPDATE:..... I just noticed that the poster who asked about the license isn't the same as the poster who originated the thread..... so what I'm saying as far as the 30 day money back guarantee doesn't pertain.....

My apologies.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

No, you can not. More money to Fab for Mac license.

Comment

go it thanks for your help guys

Comment

Working...
                          X