Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloads Failing with an Educational Site ( Youtube Plus/DRM MPD Issue?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Downloads Failing with an Educational Site ( Youtube Plus/DRM MPD Issue?)

I was downloading some educational lectures regularly from a website (neetwithus.com..A site which requires membership, which i have) but since the past 3 days the 'Analysing' takes around 5 - 10 minutes,all the segments are then downloaded but the process fails during remuxing. I tried to download the video using the blue MPD button but the same result.. (Only thing which I saw was that the downloaded videos earlier were being detected as "YouTube plus" and everything was working fine but now as "DRM MPD" and its failing. I also tried with the latest version of streamfab with same results.I have downloaded more than 15 lectures in the past without any issues. Please advise.
    The streamfab version is:6.1.6.7 using it on a Windows 11 version 22H2
    Attached Files

First of all, thank you for following my advice to create a new topic.

With paid sites, it is of course difficult to test them yourself,
    but I still do it often if a trial offers - that doesn't seem to be the case here.​

I see:
    Get value is empty!
    ProcessStreamFile video failed (604)
    Get value is empty!
    ProcessStreamFile video failed (504)

604 + 504 are usually Timeout error (not reachable)
    This could be a DRM problem - but it doesn't have to be.

So the big question is: Why changed it from "YouTube plus" to "DRM MPD"
    You wrote that you tested an older SF version..
    ..so the changes are made by the provider.

This unprotected videos here are wrong or?

Unfortunately, without access I can't say more or be more precise.​

Comment

Most likely, you are a victim to the DRM change that started on January 25th that you've probably already read about in the banner and throughout messages on the forum. That's not going to change until the Developers can crack the keys for the new DRM. We have been told "soon" but we also heard that earlier. The only thing I can say is they are working on it.
      As for YouTube+/DRM MPD, they are two different file streaming protocols. YouTube uses primarily a variation on the Apple HLS or M3U streaming protocol, if I'm not mistaken. A newer protocol is DASH or MPD. Usually a site will use one or the other, but they can use both. It's possible that all your previous downloads were M3U8 and the ones you are now trying to get are DASH. Or the DRM change has confused StreamFab so much that it doesn't know if it is dealing with M3U8 or DASH. Kind of unlikely, but you never know. Once the DRM fix comes out, you'll get a clearer picture of what was going on. Unfortunately, you aren't going to get any of your lectures until the DRM problem is fixed.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the responses.It seems that there has been some change at the website end itself - the earlier videos which i downloaded ( which were detected as Youtube plus) are now also being detected as DRM MPD if i go for downloading it again and the process fails.
        The unprotected videos on their Youtube channel are being downloaded properly so they might have updated their protected videos with a newer/ different protocol.
        So it seems that there is no other choice but to wait for the DRM fix to happen...Please let me know if any workarounds are found in the coming days for similar issues.

Comment

I tried the new beta for seeing if there are any new changes happening during the downloading process or if by chance it goes through. But now i am getting a message which says " Media is encrypted and we do not have the keys to decrpyt it"...No DRM file detection or analysis is happening...This message pops up directly. No luck till now.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X