No announcement yet.

Could This Be The Week..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Could This Be The Week..!

Hey Guys,

I'm only sharing this to offer a little sliver of hope amongst what has been a rather fraught week on the forum. Asked support directly yesterday about how close the Devs are in resolving the DRM issues with Amazon & Netflix.. This was the reply - make of it what you will. It could be wishful thinking, on the other hand. . .

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	438653

you see here!

StreamFab 6.1.6.7 Changelog New: Add support to download Dialogue Boost Audio from Amazon Prime Video. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Canal+ videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain OnlyFans videos

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
      you see here!
      I didn't, but thanks for the heads up. Then this merely backs up the popular theme... It's either the latest yarn being spun to keep the users placated or... Could this be the week!!

As I said, my offering was merely a sliver of hope, posted in ignorance of the posts you've brought to my attention.. We're all in this 'together'..
      Last edited by littlebluealien; 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I find this message a little more encouraging than the last. I cynically interpreted Wilson's message as meaning Amazon this week or next, then they'd start thinking about Netflix. But of course I still won't be placing any bets.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post
          I find this message a little more encouraging than the last. I cynically interpreted Wilson's message as meaning Amazon this week or next, then they'd start thinking about Netflix. But of course I still won't be placing any bets.
          To be fair to Rain (and all in support), only the Dev's really know where they are in resolving this situation, or at least, what achievements they've been successful in accomplishing. And support in all honesty, aren't probably being told the true picture, just a "suggestion" of what 'might be'. Ultimately as Cats4U correctly stated: "No one can tell you the exact when until it actually happens". Absolutely correct and logical. I merely offered my 'sliver of hope' as simply that -a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe...

Comment

"Could This Be The Week..!"

I am excited! The week is slowly coming to an end... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
              "Could This Be The Week..!"

I am excited! The week is slowly coming to an end... ;-)

As am I, but seriously balance this excitement with the stark realisation that nothing may also happen, as Cats4U has said, quite correctly: "No one can tell you the exact when until it actually happens". But a little hope (moderated) never did any harm. The fact that (apparently) the competitor has already (going by other posts suggestions) resolved the Amazon 1080p issue, I think the Devs are probably close to fixing this also. But the fix will arrive when the fix arrives... And not until then! But - it will arrive.

You don't really appreciate something until you no longer have it! No truer a sentiment said than in regards to how we have taken for granted StreamFab and 1080p quality downloads from Amazon & Netflix. And I'm as guilty of that it has to be said!

Comment

I agree with you! We may have taken it too much for granted, right! But we also paid a hefty sum of money for it to work as advertised. I bought a lifetime license and naturally expect this promise to be kept - at least until I pass away.

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
                  I agree with you! We may have taken it too much for granted, right! But we also paid a hefty sum of money for it to work as advertised. I bought a lifetime license and naturally expect this promise to be kept - at least until I pass away.
                  As did I my friend, as did I. But the nature of the beast is that what this software offers us is contrary to copyright laws, by using it we are breaking them. So we must expect, as is the case currently, that the streaming platforms will do their level best to thwart such illegal activities. This current 'frustration' is part of that game. To quote directly: "DVDFab is an international leading multimedia processing software supplier, dedicated to developing and exploring multimedia experiences for worldwide users." And it is their business model (and income) that rests on resolving these occasional 'hiccups' as and when they appear. This is just one of those annoying (but expected) hiccups. I have always had complete faith that the Devs will resolve this, that does not negate my frustration at finding that my favourite toy is currently broken and I cannot use it as I have been used to doing, but equally it doesn't get me ranting and raving (pointlessly) -not you btw, just generally, about the 'fix' not coming as quick as I want (demand) it to. Yes, there's always the justified argument that the Devs should have acted quicker, and listened when advised, but let's not get tied down into a debate that would serve no purpose other than to create more frustration -and would not in any way resolve the current issues. If no fix surfaces today, then take a deep breathe, r e l a x and hang on in there -it's a comin'...

Comment

6.1.6.8 2024-03-07
                    New: Added support to download the Amazon new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (Note: This is still a temporary solution, download mode will be supported soon.)
                    Fix: A login failure problem due to a popup hint "Share your location with Hulu" when logging in with Hulu Live TV+ subscription plan.
                    Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain MGStage videos.
                    Fix: A crash problem in some cases.​

What a great update.

Comment

Originally posted by Air View Post
                      6.1.6.8 2024-03-07
                      New: Added support to download the Amazon new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (Note: This is still a temporary solution, download mode will be supported soon.)
                      Fix: A login failure problem due to a popup hint "Share your location with Hulu" when logging in with Hulu Live TV+ subscription plan.

What a great update.
                      I acknowledge and share your sarcasm and disappointment 100%. Re-encoding mode. . . Yuck! Apparently this WASN'T the week it's a comin'!! I can merely repeat what I said previously. . . If no fix surfaces today, then take a deep breathe, r e l a x and hang on in there. As if we have a choice!

One thing I would be interested in knowing(?) if the Devs are actually aware of how many of their 'updates' are actually downloaded upon release. Surely with this most recent release, if hardly anyone downloads it -and why would they, seriously, that would send a significant message back to them that the time for "temporary solutions" is long past and us users just won't swallow that kind of bs any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Air View Post
                        6.1.6.8 2024-03-07

What a great update.
                        Does that mean, you're still downloading 540p with Amazon new stuff and then re-encode it to 1080p (upscale) with this version?
                        Or what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by morningshow View Post

Does that mean, you're still downloading 540p with Amazon new stuff and then re-encode it to 1080p (upscale) with this version?
                          Or what does this mean?
                          Yes.

Comment

You can't be serious, dear developers.

Instead of finally fixing the DRM problems at Amazon, you're using the totally stupid re-encode method ?!

I really thought that new videos would finally be downloadable in 1080p again this week and now such a disappointment.

Since there seems to be no solution in sight, I will probably switch to the competitor.​

Comment

Glad I haven't been on here for a while I have been using other software that downloads in 1080p on Netflix and no it's not the competition that everyone is thinking of

Comment

Working...
                              X