6.1.6.8 Question about re-encoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query 6.1.6.8 Question about re-encoding

Is re-encoding optional or flagged in some way? I don't want to instal 6.1.6.8 if I have no way of knowing if a downloaded 1080p video has been upscaled. Amazon does not show when videos were added. There is a 1959 movie that must have been added recenty, because download is limited to 540p even though it plays in my browser with the HD bug in the corner. I am content to wait to get a true HD copy of it. I don't want to download with 6.1.6.8 and then have to guess if a download is genuine HD or upscaled HD.

Its upscaled from the 540p video
    You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Regardless of the answer to your question, I'm not going to install 6.1.6.8, for pretty much the same reasons. I'd rather get 540p and know that I have to re-download later, than have to worry about what files are "true" HD and what are re-encoded. Even if re-encoding is optional, I doubt that there's any reason to upgrade to 6.1.6.8, other than to stop getting "new version detected" repeatedly. What I'd like is to be able to opt for "skip this version" and not be reminded every time.

And, if the developers tracked how many people click "skip this version", that might send them a message.

Comment

Then don't update!

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post
          Regardless of the answer to your question, I'm not going to install 6.1.6.8, for pretty much the same reasons.
          I will not be installing 6.1.6.8 either. I know that Jack has said the same. In other words, there will not be any technical support from the Moderators on the forum for it. The 6.1.6.8 users will need to get any help they need from a fellow 6.1.6.8 user on the forum or use the official support FEEDBACK.

And, if the developers tracked how many people click "skip this version", that might send them a message.
          I'm not sure that that is a good measure of user interest. I download every update, I just don't install all of them.

Comment

Cats4U You have done all that is possible under extremely difficult circumstances. I applaud you for not trying to put a positive spin on this sad excuse of a piece of software. When this software was introduced it was everything anyone could want. Then it started resting on its laurels. That is when software goes from good to bad to horrible and people buy it because they heard it was good. The advertising is also very misleading. When this type of stuff happens in a relationship, it ends in a divorce. Nothing you can do now. You have done all you can and more. Jack has the right idea, its time for a vacation.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

What's worse is the competition has Amazon fully back to normal operation. Max is even letting me download the latest Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom in 4K
              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Then it started resting on its laurels.
                I've written it so many times over the last 2 years that I'm even getting sick of seeing it. It all comes down to the developer. I use the singular because in private lately Wilson has been using the word "developer" and not "developers". It has lately become painfully obvious that our developer is not as competent as our leading competitor's developers in breaking through DRM keys. As I've said many times already, it may be time for a change. Thousands of students graduate with Computer Science degrees from Chinese universities every year. Some of those have advanced graduate degrees. Of course, the government will have first choice, though. With the Internet, there isn't really any reason why they'd have to be from China except to aid with conversation with Management. On the other hand, Jack (Canada) and I (US) seem to do alright. Some of these students might have already broken the DRM keys, and they are just sitting around on their computers in their dorm rooms. You never know. Or what about the known existing video hackers? Anyone that has spent time reading the Video Streaming Downloading forum on VideoHelp.com knows that there are quite a few brilliant hacker minds there. I am sometimes left with my jaw wide open while reading what could be best called an advanced lesson in video streaming theory. At this point, the StreamFab program is just crying out for someone like that. I know how much I paid for my lifetime subscription to (not every) StreamFab module. I know roughly how many other people did that, as well. You've got the money. Buy up some new developers for StreamFab. It will pay you back tenfold.

​

Comment

The forum where all the experts are is Doom9. I would bet that none of them own this software.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    The forum where all the experts are is Doom9. I would bet that none of them own this software.
                    Nah, they are old school DVD and VHS hackers. They don't even have a streaming video forum. Those people probably got all excited when DVDFab 3 or 4 came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Nah, they are old school DVD and VHS hackers. They don't even have a streaming video forum. Those people probably got all excited when DVDFab 3 or 4 came out.
                      LOL, you would be surprised if you knew the names behind the screen names. There are way more developers on Doom9 than VideoHelp.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                        What's worse is the competition has Amazon fully back to normal operation. Max is even letting me download the latest Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom in 4K
                        They installed the newest Widevine CDM which is 4.10.2710.0 back in October, I believe. Not to blow my own horn, in early November I tried to get StreamFab to install it. I even released a patch named CDMCats.zip that installed it. Since StreamFab had the older CDM hard-coded into the program, it reverted back after a short time and the patch failed. When I asked them to update the CDM and fix the hard-coding, they said that wasn't needed. The competition went on to start breaking the new CDM's keys in their spare time. They pretty much got everything finished but Amazon and Netflix by January 25th when Google revoked the older CDM. That's when StreamFab finally had to install 4.10.2710.0, change the hard-coding, and start trying to break the CDM's keys. And we wait.

Comment

They installed the newest Widevine CDM which is 4.10.2710.0 back in October, I believe. Not to blow my own horn, in early November I tried to get StreamFab to install it. I even released a patch named CDMCats.zip that installed it. Since StreamFab had the older CDM hard-coded into the program, it reverted back after a short time and the patch failed. When I asked them to update the CDM and fix the hard-coding, they said that wasn't needed. The competition went on to start breaking the new CDM's keys in their spare time. They pretty much got everything finished but Amazon and Netflix by January 25th when Google revoked the older CDM. That's when StreamFab finally had to install 4.10.2710.0, change the hard-coding, and start trying to break the CDM's keys. And we wait.
                          If I want streamfab to refund me now, will they accept it? I bought the lifetime all-in-one version.

Comment

The forum where all the experts are is Doom9.
                            If I see in Decrypting only 10 topics with posts from this year ..
                            .. that looks pretty dead to me​

There are way more developers on Doom9 than VideoHelp
                            In forum Development 5 topics with posts from this year ...

@Cats4U
                            "And we wait."
                            Until if Netflix is fixed ...
                            ... the next Widevine version is probably already in the starting blocks​

Comment

I was one of the first to figure out how to get Macrovision copied on the early VHS tapes. First movie I had with it was Back to the Future. Where you truly needed to make backups of your legitimately owned tapes.

Regarding everyone else, I too won't update to the latest version for much the same reasons. I don't want to waste my time downloading a 540p that is going to be upscaled.

Comment

Working...
                              X