Amazon encoding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon encoding issue

There is an issue with the encoded files from Amazon Prime Video. They play very jerky, although they have the correct framerate (23,98, 24 or 25 fps...). There must be something wrong with the encoding settings in SF.

Another thing: At least we could get e-ac3 audio before, now we get only aac 128 kb/s again.​

Yes, the coding is rubbish. Don't waste your time and energy on this!

Comment

Originally posted by stphnvdb View Post
      There must be something wrong with the encoding settings in SF.
      The longer a video, the worse the result seems.

Episodes with <30 min looks good, episodes with >40 min are not that great.

And my only Film tested so far (amazon.de Playing It Cool) failed ..

In streamClient.log

T:6800 P:11412 info <process_video>: Decode Video status : 2

repeated 23 minutes and then failed (tested 1080p yesterday, today 720p)

--

> Another thing: At least we could get e-ac3 audio before, now we get only aac 128 kb/s again.​​
      Code:
      "[DownloadControlAmazon]" ignore strCodec : ec-3

Comment

Same results as 6.1.6.2 and 6.1.6.3. And also the first time they tried it, sometime last year.

Comment

Plus seasons are missing.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Version 6.1.6.8 is useless. I downgraded to 6.1.6.7 again. So I can get at least the DD5.1 sound. To get the video in 1080p, I capture my browser with Audials One (works perfektly in high quality and doesn't record any overlays) and then I mux the video with the audio stream. Not the best solution, but gives me the best quality atm.

I really hope, that this issue will be solved soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
              And my only Film tested so far (amazon.de Playing It Cool) failed ..

In streamClient.log

T:6800 P:11412 info <process_video>: Decode Video status : 2
              If anyone is interested ... I found the problem.

Since it is played for repackaging, the requirement for HD playback must be met.

I had this problem before SF with re-encoders ..
              .. it's not HDCP compatible if my switched off dual-monitor (TV) is connected.

Series works in HD but films don't, if Dual-Monitor is connected => Cdm Error (2)​

Comment

Hi,

For downloading EAC3 5.1 audio, I will ask the dev to check it again.

Yes, the new released Amazon video should be downloaded as 1080p video (re-encoding mode) + download EAC3 audio track.

There is an issue with the encoded files from Amazon Prime Video. They play very jerky, although they have the correct framerate (23,98, 24 or 25 fps...). There must be something wrong with the encoding settings in SF.
                For the jerky problem, we will try more.

And please tell us more information, the PC configuration, video link.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  Hi,

For downloading EAC3 5.1 audio, I will ask the dev to check it again.

Yes, the new released Amazon video should be downloaded as 1080p video (re-encoding mode) + download EAC3 audio track.

For the jerky problem, we will try more.

And please tell us more information, the PC configuration, video link.

Wilson
                  Wilson.Wang , there is no need for the developer to check. Let the developers continue working on the DRM issue. We don't need this recoding method!

Comment

Wilson.Wang Is it foreseeable when the DRM problem with new videos from Amazon and Netflix will finally be fixed?

Re-encoding is certainly not a solution.​

Comment

I'm going to be frank about this, if you hadn't bugged Wilson about the Test Version and the Release, we might not have gotten the re-encoded version.

Previously I wrote:
                      That's because Jack and I bitched and moaned as soon as we found out about the re-encoding in Windows 6.1.6.8. Although they released it several hours after that, they said that they didn't have time to remove it. Why did they not release it at all, at that time? I assume mainly because certain individuals on the forum (I won't mention any names) were all over Wilson because he was late with a Test version and a release. U
                      As of today, I see the &quot;Share your location with Hulu&quot; bug is back. Unable to get past that screen to do anything else. Hopefully this is an easy fix?

As of today, I see the &quot;Share your location with Hulu&quot; bug is back. Unable to get past that screen to do anything else. Hopefully this is an easy fix?

StreamFab 6.1.6.7 Changelog New: Add support to download Dialogue Boost Audio from Amazon Prime Video. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Canal+ videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain OnlyFans videos

StreamFab 6.1.6.7 Changelog New: Add support to download Dialogue Boost Audio from Amazon Prime Video. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Canal+ videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain Roku Channel videos. Fix: A failure problem that download videos from certain OnlyFans videos

Comment

I am not unhappy with the 6.1.6.8 - maybe not that much for the re-encoding, but there must have been something done in regard to the DRM because out of 4 Episodes I formerly only could download in SD, the 6.1.6.8 loads 3 of them in HD without re-encoding. The remaining one with re-encoding (however only one language at a time as with multiple audio tracks processing fails).

In regard to the re-encode I would appreciate, if it would show for example "processing with re-encode".
                        Thumps Up for the progress so far!!!

Comment

Posted by Cats4U
                          I'm going to be frank about this, if you hadn't bugged Wilson about the Test Version and the Release, we might not have gotten the re-encoded version.
                          I always agree with what you say Cats4U, but I don't believe you believe what I quoted" If they had a fix re-encoding wouldn't be in 6.1.6.8, it's not a small delay that made them put that out, its a lack of an answer to the issue. They don't have an answer. If they did a small delay from a post by an insignificant member of this forum wouldn't have stopped it. You know it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

I always agree with what you say Cats4U, but I don't believe you believe what I quoted" If they had a fix re-encoding wouldn't be in 6.1.6.8, it's not a small delay that made them put that out, its a lack of an answer to the issue. They don't have an answer. If they did a small delay from a post by an insignificant member of this forum wouldn't have stopped it. You know it's the truth.
                            Meanwhile, the marketing people are still on the job. I just got an email "StreamFab Solves Amazon 1080p Video Download Problem!" . It's basically an announcement of 6.1.6.8. I admit I was excited for a few seconds, they have a way with words.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

Meanwhile, the marketing people are still on the job. I just got an email "StreamFab Solves Amazon 1080p Video Download Problem!" . It's basically an announcement of 6.1.6.8. I admit I was excited for a few seconds, they have a way with words.
                              That is like a " white lie" , sorry is thats offensive but its the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X