SteamFab 6.1.6.9 Still Re-Encoding 720p To 1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon SteamFab 6.1.6.9 Still Re-Encoding 720p To 1080p

With StreamFab, I have been downloading in both 720p and 1080p modes. Using StreamFab 6.1.6.8, I noticed that the 1080p downloads seemingly worked fine, but the 720p videos were re-encoded to 1080p. The release notes for StreamFab 6.1.6.9 did not mention fixing this, but I went ahead and installed the update anyway. The re-encoding still happens for 720p videos, so until the next update, I continue to hope. Thanks.

BTW, just to add, I noticed the re-encoding from 720p to 1080 since StreamFab 6.1.6.7, for others it may even be earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by giQz View Post
      but the 720p videos were re-encoded to 1080p
      .. I noticed the re-encoding from 720p to 1080 since StreamFab 6.1.6.7
      That wasn't the case for me in three out of three cases (with 6169).
      And with 6168 that also never happened to me either.
      I used 720p by default for Amazon.

Can you add a StreamFab.log in which it behaved like this.​

Comment

Did they change the reencoding in the new test version 6.1.6.9 Test?
        Just downloaded H268 HD 3.16 GB (3.81 download size) 4189kbps. It was re-encoded to H246 and a file size of 3.88GB and av. Bitrate is over 5300kbps and 1080p as the source file.
        In the past the file size seemed much smaller and much lower bit rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post
          Did they change the reencoding in the new test version 6.1.6.9 Test?
          I can't see any difference in UI or Log.
          I will try later an with 6168 re-encoded movie, to compare bitrate.

Re-Encoded can be lower or higher in Bitrate - it depends from source, that's normal.​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            You don't need to. I tried with something else, and the outcome in size is exactly the same between 6.1.6.9 and 6.1.6.9Test.
            I guess I was comparing the recent download where I explicitly chose H264 max. bit rate to the same movie I probably had choosen H265 and such came in lower bitrate and possibly because of this resulted in a much lower file size. Don't know if SF possibly takes the source bit rate for re-encode or what their settings are.

just tried this theory. Screenshot shows the output. 1st line I chose H265 max. bitrate, 2nd line I chose H264 max. bitrate as source

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	439227
            resulting bit rate just about 2000kbps when choosing H265​. Both re-encoded files are H264
            Last edited by Kattanders; 03-15-2024, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I can't see any difference in UI or Log.

Re-Encoded can be lower or higher in Bitrate - it depends from source, that's normal.​
              If I recall correctly,,Wilson once said he'd ask the developers to look into complaints that re-encoded titles "stuttered". I think you said this happens for titles longer than 40 minutes. I doubt that's been fixed, or it would be mentioned in the change log, but it might be something to watch for since you're comparing.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

If I recall correctly,,Wilson once said he'd ask the developers to look into complaints that re-encoded titles "stuttered". I think you said this happens for titles longer than 40 minutes. I doubt that's been fixed, or it would be mentioned in the change log, but it might be something to watch for since you're comparing.
                I think that had to do with HDCP compatibility and some dual-monitor which was connected. Don't think it was a bug

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post
                  I think that had to do with HDCP compatibility and some dual-monitor which was connected
                  With Dual-Monitor I can't download any Amazon movie with re-encoding - here

Comment

Is there a trick to get 6.1.6.9 to actually work on Amazon? Everything I have tried to record downloads the movie and then fails on the last bit of processing. Dark Harvest, Marlowe, Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokee View Post
                      Is there a trick to get 6.1.6.9 to actually work on Amazon? Everything I have tried to record downloads the movie and then fails on the last bit of processing. Dark Harvest, Marlowe, Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead for example.
                      Dead Snow 2 is not available at Amazon.de (without HoH Channel)

Dark Harvest (Die Dunkle Saat) + Marlowe
                      works for me without re-encoding or "trick"

Click image for larger version  Name:	6169_pv_untouched.jpg Views:	2 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	439241

What is your selection?
                      For more infos StreamFab.log needed​

Comment

That wasn't the case for me in three out of three cases (with 6169).
                        And with 6168 that also never happened to me either.
                        I used 720p by default for Amazon.

Can you add a StreamFab.log in which it behaved like this.​
                        I noticed in one of your posts, on Auber Kontrolle, Die Dunkle Saat, Marlowe, the correct bitrate was displayed at 720p. I was downloading from Amazon US and it showed right after the analysis at 1080p although StreamFab VIP Services was set to 720p in both General and Amazon settings, plus CBR and AAC. After remuxing, I get the message saying that the videos were re-encoded to a higher quality at 1080p. Thanks.

Comment

Dead Snow 2 is not available at Amazon.de (without HoH Channel)

Dark Harvest (Die Dunkle Saat) + Marlowe
                          works for me without re-encoding or "trick"

Click image for larger version Name:	6169_pv_untouched.jpg Views:	2 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	439241

What is your selection?
                          For more infos StreamFab.log needed​
                          Just using what the defaults are. I have tried a few other lower settings with no luck also.
                          Any reason this web site logs me out after 30 seconds so I have to keep logging back in?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I retried Marlowe with max bitrate, EAC3 5.1 in english and remux subs in file and it worked as well

Click image for larger version  Name:	6169_pv_Marlowe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	439251

> Any reason this web site logs me out after 30 seconds so I have to keep logging back in?

This could be the cause of your problem..
                            .. I've never had it with my SF use on Amazon
                            (not even with Freevee in UK/US via VPN)

Any [Critical] in StreamFab.log ?​

Comment

Hi, Germania. Yes, I have 5 [Critical] entries in the StreamFab.log which I sent you in a private message, plus the download report. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X