I cant download anything from Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

That would be 6.1.6.7. Sorry, I can't give you a download link. You should have saved it when you did the download of the offline update. Please don't tell me you did an online install because that opens you up to more problems than just re-encoding.
    I've never had a problem updating this way, so never saw the need to save the download.

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
      after doing some investigations I noticed that steamfab uses edge as it's interface, so that is why you can't download at the moment.
      No, no, no. StreamFab does not use Edge. They use CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework). As the name suggests, it is a variant of the Chromium browser that can be embedded in other applications. What you are seeing is what has been set up as its User Agent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User-Agent_header Websites check browsers that connect to them to see what type of browsers are being used. It is believed by some that streamers track suspicious browser types and sometimes block them. StreamFab and many other programs of questionable purposes use a technique known as User Agent Spoofing. They will occasionally spoof their appearance to the streamers such as browser type, OS type, and OS version to confuse the streamer. The next update of StreamFab it could possibly look like you are using a Firefox browser, version 118, on a Linux computer. Two years ago, I requested that the user be given the ability to change the User Agent to whatever we want. I'm still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninko View Post

I've never had a problem updating this way, so never saw the need to save the download.
        The problem is not with the updating per se. The problem is with the running of the program. We've been over this so many times and solved so many user problems just by re-installing offline. I'll take it a few steps forward. Before installing a new offline update, delete your StreamFab Log and Temp directories. Then use a "professional" uninstaller such as Revo, Wise, Ashampoo, etc. to do a complete uninstall (including the registry) of the old StreamFab version. Then you can run the offline update. I guarantee that you will have fewer problems that way.

Comment

The problem is not with the updating per se. The problem is with the running of the program. We've been over this so many times and solved so many user problems just by re-installing offline. I'll take it a few steps forward. Before installing a new offline update, delete your StreamFab Log and Temp directories. Then use a "professional" uninstaller such as Revo, Wise, Ashampoo, etc. to do a complete uninstall (including the registry) of the old StreamFab version. Then you can run the offline update. I guarantee that you will have fewer problems that way.
          Fair enough.

Thanks

Comment

For two years or so, I've been trying to find out exactly how StreamFab is made. There appears to be only one developer, since the Project Manager always refers to him (and it is a him) as the developer and not the developers. That's all I know for sure over this long time. Now I have a new hypothesis (a non-proven theory), I think the Developer is an independent programmer who owns the core code to what we know of as StreamFab and goes by many other names. The various companies lease the core program from the Developer and add their own UI to it. After that, they set their own subscription rates and do their own advertising and support. The reason I write that is because, from being close to the inside, it is obvious that the Project Manager relies on what the Developer says and does and not the other way around. If the Developer was a DVDFab employee, he would have to do what the Project Manager wanted him to do. The Project Manager knew no one wanted re-encoding, and he made a joke about it being like CleverGet. There is no way that he would have approved 6.1.6.9 and the test version if it wasn't forced on him by the Developer. In case you are wondering, Wilson.Wang is the Project Manager. Surprisingly, he is also listed as the only active Developer listed in the DVDFab forum and mail program. Just one more indication that the actual StreamFab developer is external to DVDFab.
            This got me to thinking about considering an alternate to replace StreamFab in case things sadly do not pan out.

Comment

When using any of my devices including streamfab, uder settings in netflix show them as being Edge.
              I went back to version 6.1.6.7 and tried to D/L the same movie that I previously downloaded on netflix and was unable to download it.
              uploading photo as well
              Attached Files
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
                When using any of my devices including streamfab, uder settings in netflix show them as being Edge.
                I went back to version 6.1.6.7 and tried to D/L the same movie that I previously downloaded on netflix and was unable to download it.
                uploading photo as well
                Please refer to this earlier message about Edge - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...558#post439558

Version 6.1.6.7 does not use re-encoding and so follows the banner listing above.
                * Netflix content added after January 25th 2024 cannot be downloaded at all. It is back to normal for everything else.​
                Since you didn't list what movie you downloaded or attached your StreamFab.log, I can only assume that it was released after January 25th, 2024.

Comment

Cats4U, Any word yet on when a new version of StreamFab will be out with the fix? I'm honestly losing patience and tired of waiting as I'm sure you're too.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                    Cats4U, Any word yet on when a new version of StreamFab will be out with the fix? I'm honestly losing patience and tired of waiting as I'm sure you're too.
                    As Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes once said, "I know nothing, nothing." The last message I received from management was March 11th which was to tell me they would update me on Friday, March 15th. I'm still waiting for that update.

Comment

As Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes once said, "I know nothing, nothing." The last message I received from management was March 11th which was to tell me they would update me on Friday, March 15th. I'm still waiting for that update.
                      I have a doctorate in nuclear engineering, plasma physics, and related disciplines and I can't even figure this out, so don't feel bad.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, I am getting the Pardon the Interruption error on every download. Is this the same issue others are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                          So maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, I am getting the Pardon the Interruption error on every download. Is this the same issue others are seeing?
                          That's all I get too on Netflix.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I can't leave this alone. This has been a gripe of mine for a very long time. Although the advice is spot on and I strongly recommend all follow it the very reason it is necessary chafes my "posterior" to no end. Many thanks to Cats4U ​for posting it!

No other way to say it, this is coding laziness and lack of foresight, nothing more. Back when I was coding (many many moons ago) when I sent out an update the installer AUTOMATICALLY created a backup of the user's complete working configuration then removed everything including registry entries (with the option to save simple preferences where applicable) before installing the new version.

If there was a problem the user could "backdate" to their original working configuration until the unforeseen/unanticipated problem could be resolved. This circumvents the possibility an irreversible "update" presents more problems than it solves with no recourse. Sound familiar?​ Otherwise we essentially left the customers stranded without a solution. Somehow that last statement also has a familiar ring to it but I can't quite put my finger on it.

There are two main steps to preemptive coding: 1. What can possibly go wrong? and 2. Trap it and prevent it. You can never prevent it all but it does leverage the odds in your favor and eliminates many possible issues. In particular this would include conflicts/issues with previous versions of the same program.

If any program's uninstaller cannot do a clean uninstall of its own program then the uninstaller NEEDS WORK and is incomplete. If an installer does not at least offer the option to create a backup of the existing configuration before wiping it out it is incomplete and lacks foresight. Disk space is no longer at a premium so there is no excuse.

Sadly in today's corner cutting world this is the norm, not the exception. Why else would there be a need for 3rd party uninstallers? Even then they still can't anticipate every coding/installation faux pas. Although it fails more often than succeeds this was the primary objective behind "Restore Points."

The fact I would have to pay to access previous versions to backdate in the event of an "update fiasco" also infuriates me. Had I been warned ahead of time I would have grabbed the standalone installer for every release before updating, especially in light of the current situation.
                            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Working...
                            X