People Are Asking -- 'Shogun' English Dub on Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu People Are Asking -- 'Shogun' English Dub on Hulu

People are asking how to get the English dub of Shogun on Hulu. The easiest way would be to get SF to analyze individual episodes but we know where that request sits. It would probably require a complete rewrite of the program, so it's not realistic..
    I did not try the copy url from a browser method because I have gotten quite proficient at my own method. I suspect the copy url method would work though.

(JUST KIDDING PEOPLE --- REALLY THOUGHT I WAS ON TO SOMETHING)

You see the post below quoted. Copying the URL had mixed results too.
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 03-21-2024, 02:07 AM.

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
    People are asking how to get the English dub of Shogun on Hulu. The easiest way would be to get SF to analyze individual episodes but we know where that request sits. It would probably require a complete rewrite of the program, so it's not realistic..
    I did not try the copy url from a browser method because I have gotten quite proficient at my own method. I suspect the copy url method would work though.

1) From a Roku or Browser, add the series to My Stuff.
    2) Visit Hulu from StreamFab.
    3) Click My Stuff.
    4) Click the TEXT (name of series) below the image for the series you want. If you click the image you might not get the desired results.
    5) Program will analyze and offer a download. Click Cancel.
    6) Do step 3 and 4 again.
    7) Program will NOT analyze this time. Now, click the English Dub tab on the series. See attached Image.
    8) Click the image (play button icon will appear when you mouse over the image)
    9) Program will analyze the episode you selected, download window will appear. Don't forget to check that you get multichannel audio if you want it, sometimes it chooses stereo, and select the 4K resolution if you want that too.

You now have the English dub of the episode. There are scenes where the native people speak Japanese, but the English subs are burned in for those scenes. This is not a defect, that is exactly how you would see it when watched on a Roku.

If you want to become a pro and shorten step 5, practice with a series that has 10 seasons or more. When the program begins to analyze it pulls in crucial data, then when it starts counting the seasons, you can cancel that countdown, going to step 6 faster. If a show has only 1 season it is tricky to time it where you cancel it during season analysis stage. For less experienced, maybe just follow steps above if you cannot time it right. You will know if you canceled the analysis incorrectly because sometimes it breaks the module and episodes play when you click on them instead of analyzing. A series with 1 season is probably easier to just go with the original steps 1-9 above.
    the way the (other software) describes it is " when a Japanese person is talking to another Japanese person, the audio is dubbed over in English and there are no forced subtitles"

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

the way the (other software) describes it is " when a Japanese person is talking to another Japanese person, the audio is dubbed over in English and there are no forced subtitles"
      Are there THREE editions of this show then? You truly might be on to something, lol.
      So my original version sounds like a JUST KIDDING, lol.
      I just tried the copy url method and it did not work. But for languages of audio, there is one titled "NO" which appears to be the hybrid version.

Comment

I found out this by accident while trying to get SF to analyze another title's dub version (why does Hulu keep 2 separate files is beyond me). First watch the dub for a few second in your browser. Close the browser, open SF and manually search for the title and click on it, SF will grab the one you last watched instead of display order (yes it works with shogun too, I tested it)

Comment

Working...
        X