This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Max downloading at 720p even through Amazon

I use Amazon for Max because I was getting 1080p downloads through them. Recently, I downloaded an old television series, I had all the options up to 1080p but when the series downloaded it was at 720p just like it used to be through Max. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Answer selected by Cats4U at 03-30-2024, 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
    Wasn't Max always at 720p, even before the DRM situation?
    Not if you got a MAX subscription through Amazon.....

If it was available in 1080p..... you'd get a 1080p download..... not to mention that any streaming service that you subscribe to through Amazon means that you now use the Amazon User Interface for that specific service as well..... and I'm sure everyone would agree that the Amazon User Interface is the absolute best.....

I could never understand why people who already had Amazon Prime didn't get their MAX subscription through Amazon to alleviate the 720p vice 1080p problem...... or for that matter..... any other streaming service that they use and is also offered by Amazon.....

To each his own I guess.....

By the way..... I am on 6.1.6.7 and am still getting 1080p for MAX movies through Amazon as long as the acquisition date is prior to the DRM change..... If not..... it gives me 540p or sometimes 480p..... No re-encoding..... but I've already described this in a post.
    Last edited by weavermovies; 03-23-2024, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Please read the red banner on top.

Comment

Isn't it supposed to re-encode? LOL.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by WES-0x972 View Post
          I use Amazon for Max because I was getting 1080p downloads through them. Recently, I downloaded an old television series, I had all the options up to 1080p but when the series downloaded it was at 720p just like it used to be through Max. Has anyone else had this problem?
          I have to ask this for my own curiosity.....

1 - What version of StreamFab are you running?.....

2 - What is the name of the series..... to include the season?.....

3 - Have you ever downloaded the season of this series in 1080p in the past?.....

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Comment

Not if you got a MAX subscription through Amazon.....

If it was available in 1080p..... you'd get a 1080p download..... not to mention that any streaming service that you subscribe to through Amazon means that you now use the Amazon User Interface for that specific service as well..... and I'm sure everyone would agree that the Amazon User Interface is the absolute best.....

I could never understand why people who already had Amazon Prime didn't get their MAX subscription through Amazon to alleviate the 720p vice 1080p problem...... or for that matter..... any other streaming service that they use and is also offered by Amazon.....

By the way..... I am on 6.1.6.7 and am still getting 1080p for MAX movies through Amazon as long as the acquisition date is prior to the DRM change..... If not..... it gives me 540p or sometimes 480p..... No re-encoding..... but I've already described this in a post.
              Last edited by weavermovies; 03-23-2024, 01:58 PM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

Because some people get Max as part of their cable package and would be paying double if they go through Amazon also. You can't just say I want to get rid of just Max to gain 1080p for downloading, you lose other services with your cable provider, it's a built-in bundle package.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Because some people get Max as part of their cable package and would be paying double if they go through Amazon also. You can't just say I want to get rid of just Max to gain 1080p for downloading, you lose other services with your cable provider, it's a built-in bundle package.
                  And they also wouldn't have bought the MAX module from Fab if they were going to use Amazon.

Comment

And they also wouldn't have bought the MAX module from Fab if they were going to use Amazon.
                    HBO was part of my SF lifetime-upgrade-all-inclusive subscription - and thankfully I didn't have to buy it separately when it became MAX. But while getting it through Prime meant you could get 1080p downloads, they cheat on the content, just as they do with every channel subscription. I've found that MAX, Starz, BritBox,Sundance and probably a lot more channels you can subscribe to outside of Prime will have some content that Prime doesn't offer - Amazon claims it's the fault of the provider for withholding it.

So if MAX is part of your cable package and you didn't want to settle for 720p downloads, or if you really wanted that missing content but 720p downloads wasn't acceptable for the rest - you ended up with two MAX subscriptions.

Comment

Working...
                    X