Audio AAC (2CH) Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Audio AAC (2CH) Only

I realize the DRM issues are being worked out still, but I was curious if this affected multi channel audio on MAX.

I tried a few movies released before the DRM change. All download in 1080p (which is great), but the audio is AAC (2 channel) only.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this, and if there was a solution. I've tried it on the new 6.1.7.0 and an older version 6.1.6.7.

Sorry I didn't include the log files and steps, but I've attached them in case they help.

StreamFab Version: v6.1.7.0 (though its a problem with v6.1.6.7 too)
    Platform and OS: Win x64, Windows 8 Pro
    Region/Country: USA

Steps to reproduce the issue-

1. Select the MAX streaming service.
    2. Click Search, type "aliens"
    3. Select the "Aliens in the Attic", which StreamFAB starts analyzing then presents the screen for the movie's download options.
    4. Chose Download Now.

That was one example but lately all I've tried have the same AAC 2 channel audio.
    For instance Chain Reaction, Justice League: Warworld, and Zack Snyder's Justice League.

They should fall in the "back to normal" time frames, so I hope you can help.​
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ingen View Post
      I realize the DRM issues are being worked out still, but I was curious if this affected multi channel audio on MAX.

I tried a few movies released before the DRM change. All download in 1080p (which is great), but the audio is AAC (2 channel) only.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this, and if there was a solution. I've tried it on the new 6.1.7.0 and an older version 6.1.6.7.
      I was able to download Aliens in the Attic in E-AC3 6-channel from the competition, so it's not MAX that's limiting it to AAC 2 channel audio. Video resolution is identical - 1920x1038.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-01 04.46.16.png
Views:	355
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	440150

Comment

Thanks artsunlimited, I appreciate you checking further that multi-channel audio can be downloaded correctly on MAX in other avenues.

Seems like it is a possible side affect of the ongoing DRM problem.​

Comment

Originally posted by ingen View Post
          Thanks artsunlimited, I appreciate you checking further that multi-channel audio can be downloaded correctly on MAX in other avenues.

Seems like it is a possible side affect of the ongoing DRM problem.​
          My pleasure! But it's more like that loss in audio quality is a known effect of re-encoding, which SF somehow thinks it should keep on pushing as a "solution" - and which the competition does NOT do.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

My pleasure! But it's more like that loss in audio quality is a known effect of re-encoding, which SF somehow thinks it should keep on pushing as a "solution" - and which the competition does NOT do.
            I was going to say that's fixed, but then I checked the release notes for 6.1.7.0.
            "Add support to download the Amazon new released videos with EAC3 5.1 audio using download mode."
            There's no mention of that for Max, so I guess you're right. You'd think if they could fix it for one they could fix it for all. But, maybe that's when they turned their attention back to the real problem, the DRM.

Comment

Working...
            X