This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Windows 11 - Amazon issues still

Well, you locked my last thread just as I was about to add to it. I purchased a Micro PC with Win 11 this week. What a POS trying to find things to get set up. Well, eventually I got to a point I could install SF. My problem has changed a bit over my Win 7 box.

The program will not crash on opening. Yay! It doesn't crash logging into Amazon! Yay! However, after downloading the movie (several) it gets into processing. There it fails. No crash in the program, but will not complete the process.

I tried Paramount+ and was successful. I tried NetFlix and also was successful. So it does work better in Win 11, but is still buggy on Amazon. I have uploaded my SF log for the techies. Hop[e this helps on a clean install of Win 11 Pro.
    Attached Files

I'm having exactly the same problem with Amazon. I submitted a post a couple days ago with logs for the movies Road House 2024 and Road House 1989. I tried to download The Covenant today and that failed I have previously downloaded that movie several times.

Comment

The fact that topics are simply closed is common practice here.

I don't know the series/movie now but if the series/movie came after the drm change, it's not a download anyway but just an upscale

If it was released before, I recommend a few versions before (6.1.6.7 should be it)
      There are a few bugs with the seasons in the meantime but you can still work around them

I use Windows 11 myself and have had no problems so far
      You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
        it's not a download anyway but just an upscale
        This has been clarified many-many-many times on here now. It is NOT an UPSCALE, it is an HD RE-ENCODE, but of only about 1/3 the original size.
        Last edited by smithbrad; 04-06-2024, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

This has been clarified many-many-many times on here now. It is NOT an UPSCALE, it is an HD RE-ENCODE, but of only about 1/3 the original size.
          LMAO, jpp72 said nobody could be that dense, he was wrong.....

Comment

Got another email this week claiming Streamfab worked at 1080p for ALL of Netflix and Amazon. But we all know those emails are just lies.

Here is The Boys in the Boat, American Fiction, Road House (new one) Ricky Stanicky and The African Queen.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

LMAO, jpp72 said nobody could be that dense, he was wrong.....
              No, he was not wrong.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

This NOW includes 6.1.7.0 and 6.1.7.1 that you should not use. Have you all noticed that Jack and I have not been around? That's because we got tired of telling all of you the same thing over and over and over. Don't use any update that uses re-encoding. You will have all kinds of problems, if you do. DVDFab made a stupid mistake by using re-encoding to temporarily "fix" the problem. All they did was compound the problems caused by the DRM change. As Jack and I told them, concentrate on getting the DRM fixed, don't try to work on anything else. But did they listen? No, they didn't. Look at the changelogs from 6.1.6.1 to 6.1.7.0 at https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...d=downloadpage and see how many changes they've made unrelated to the DRM change. They are just wasting precious development time. Don't even get me started on the week-long holiday/festival that they supposedly worked through. We saw no evidence that they did, we watched for it. No one was around this Thursday and Friday either because it was another holiday, but they didn't tell you about it. And let's not forget their annual week-long "work session" somewhere that they had to take travel time off for to get to. They just are not taking this seriously. They need to fire the present developer and hire several more that are experts in cryptography.
                Back to the topic, I had no problem downloading the two Road Houses and The Covenant using 6.1.6.7. Of course, it's not going to be 1080p until the DRM problem is fixed, if they ever get around to working on that. But that's the best you'll get from StreamFab for right now, unless you want to have all the problems of re-encoding. If so, don't look to us to help you with your problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-05 8.03.13 PM.png
Views:	849
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	440348

This may be my last message to you as Moderator/Influencer (whatever that is). Jack and I are presently in conversation with each other over our future on this forum. We are tired of being caught in the middle with neither side listening to what we have to say. We took a week off from the forum to see the big picture. In my opinion, it doesn't look any prettier after a weeks' rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

This NOW includes 6.1.7.0 and 6.1.7.1 that you should not use. Have you all noticed that Jack and I have not been around? That's because we got tired of telling all of you the same thing over and over and over. Don't use any update that uses re-encoding. You will have all kinds of problems, if you do. DVDFab made a stupid mistake by using re-encoding to temporarily "fix" the problem. All they did was compound the problems caused by the DRM change. As Jack and I told them, concentrate on getting the DRM fixed, don't try to work on anything else. But did they listen? No, they didn't. Look at the changelogs from 6.1.6.1 to 6.1.7.0 at https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...d=downloadpage and see how many changes they've made unrelated to the DRM change. They are just wasting precious development time. Don't even get me started on the week-long holiday/festival that they supposedly worked through. We saw no evidence that they did, we watched for it. No one was around this Thursday and Friday either because it was another holiday, but they didn't tell you about it. And let's not forget their annual week-long "work session" somewhere that they had to take travel time off for to get to. They just are not taking this seriously. They need to fire the present developer and hire several more that are experts in cryptography.
                  Back to the topic, I had no problem downloading the two Road Houses and The Covenant using 6.1.6.7. Of course, it's not going to be 1080p until the DRM problem is fixed, if they ever get around to working on that. But that's the best you'll get from StreamFab for right now, unless you want to have all the problems of re-encoding. If so, don't look to us to help you with your problems.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-05 8.03.13 PM.png
Views:	849
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	440348

This may be my last message to you as Moderator/Influencer (whatever that is). Jack and I are presently in conversation with each other over our future on this forum. We are tired of being caught in the middle with neither side listening to what we have to say. We took a week off from the forum to see the big picture. In my opinion, it doesn't look any prettier after a weeks' rest.
                  Cat, I agree with you and Jack. I was also hoping your job would have a positive impact on the development of Streamfab. It's just tiring to read here. This is just about recoding errors in the forum.

Comment

What you see is what you will get, it's not going to get any better. It's been over a month. Most of you already know it can be done, Fab developers just either do not want to spend the money for what it takes to fix it or they just don't care. It is what it is and what it will be. The Moderators got caught up in defending this program and now they see all their hope and promise was in vain. The days of downloading Amazon, Netflix, etc in 1080p are over for Fab. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

Comment

I would love for them to prove me wrong.
                      I would love for them to prove you wrong as well, but I don't see it happening. Not with this kind of conversation between me and Wilson. All I get are half sentences that make no sense to the topic. The same thing happens when Jack writes to him. DVDFab is a messed up company. I suggest that everyone turn to AnyStream and/or Torrents or Newsgroups until another company comes along that have good developers/cryptologist that want to do true streaming downloads.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 5.09.55 PM.png
Views:	792
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	440358

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 5.11.45 PM.png
Views:	744
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	440359

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 5.15.40 PM.png
Views:	742
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	440360

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-06 5.17.12 PM.png
Views:	735
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	440361

And that's where the conversation ended. Would you like to be an in-between between that and all the angry (rightfully so) forum users? I gave it my best shot, hoping that I could help all the users by getting DVDFab to do the right thing, but it is clear, they don't know how to run a company. I still have some more talking to do first with Jack, but I'm ready to bail out of this burning wreck.

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          Cats4U
                          Hey Cats, I sure noticed you haven't been on the forum and greatly missed your posts. Try to stay calm in the current situation - you do not get payed for it, probably wont get a thank you either, so, don't sweat it. Just know here is a pile of people arouond who really do need you!
                          Yup, couldn't agree more that all focus has to be set on cracking the DRM. But things are as they are, and we have to make the most of it. As for myself, I bought the "life time" license for just some streamers (Amazon, Disney, Netflix more or less) a while back already. Not paying on monthly basis using a competitor therefore wouldn't have any impact on DVDFab. Unfortunately the re-encode seems currently the only way to get some of the stuff downloaded in HD - so I rather have that than nothing at all or just SD quality. Learning by doing showed me the best settings how to download and what not to do during "processing" in order to get a successfull re-encode with not much of a quality loss, no stuttering, no out of sync.
                          Of course I'd much prefer a direct stream download, but I am happy that at least the re-encode exists - hopefully only as interim solution.
                          Please stay calm, Cats, don't give up and dont leave!

Comment

Cats4U Your one of the only ones that are trying to make sense of all this mess! I understand if you do decide to leave, but myself I'm hoping you decide to stay and continue your hard work!

Comment

Cats4U I for one appreciate ALL the effort you've put in for the rest of us and on our behalf. Definitely way above and beyond! It also angers me how management obviously puts you and Jack in the middle with few to no concrete answers yet plenty of double-talk. They simply don't listen.

I've switched back to 6.1.6.7 to avoid the StreamFab.exe crashes and at worst it falls back to 480p (or on rare occasion 540p ). But at least it doesn't crash or fail and no re-encoding. I do keep in mind that I backed up all my DVDs, all 768 of them to MKV using DVDFab and all those are 480p. I never again had to touch the original discs.

Mods, feel free to split or delete as you see fit.

Did a little research. The results were interesting to say the least. Names have been altered for word filter reasons.

I have tested SF AND the competition as if I had never had any and all but two have cracked the DRM issues, and one is just plain suspicious. All are listed below including cons and if applicable pros. Movies tested were Road House 2024 (Included with Prime) and Criminal (Freevee). It is both pointless and a waste of precious time to test with much more.

I did this not just to educate myself but also for those like me frustrated to the point of strongly considering alternatives. Fair warning, most appear to be "buyer beware."

StreamFab - Fails DRM immediately (Win7 StreamFab.exe crashes) and shortly after (Win11 with "network errors"). Original developer gone? Advertised as 1080p download (no exceptions mentioned) yet doesn't deliver as promised. 3 video per service trial version marginally enough to evaluate usability and functionality.

EnnnnyStreeeem - Works as advertised but too dense to figure out credit card payments. NOT doing BTC. The BTC exchange sites have a much better chance of getting a pic of my bare ass than they are my driver's license. However the 21 day trial is more than adequate to determine usability and functionality.

TuuuuunePaaaaat, Kiiiigoooo, SaaaameMovieeee, TuuuuuuneBoooooto, MooooovPiiiiiilot all essentially the same software. Non-existent customer support, failed activation, registration fee theft, bogus 30 day guarantee. At least worked as advertised though, gotta give credit where credit is due. 6 minute trial limitation extremely restrictive for any real world evaluation.

FreeeeeGraaaabApppppp - Fails DRM immediately. Doesn't deliver as promised but it is cheap.

YYYY2Maaaaate - This one is VERY INTERESTING. Either it is a complete ripoff of SF or it is SF in a different dress and panties. Distributed via Switzerland. Crashes immediately after launch in Win7. Same DRM issues as SF in Win11. Sound familiar? 6.1.7.0 in disguise? No offline installer download. No previous versions either.

I did attempt to test Audials Movie but A) it uses Edge and B) does not support Win7.​
                              An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Working...
                              X