Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't download Road House from Amazon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Can't download Road House from Amazon...

Running Streamfab 6.1.7. Can't download the Movies Road House 2024 or Road House 1989 from Amazon. It appears the movies make it to the Processing stage then fail. Ive attached the logs for both...
    Attached Files

Hi, Jojomo,
    When you are on the window "Amazon Downloader", try to switch between Codec Video: H264 and H265,
    For me, sometimes changing those codecs makes the download possible.
    Good luck,

Comment

Thanks Joseg, unfortunately it didn't work. At this point I can't download anything from Amazon.... I tried to download The Covenant and it failed. I have downloaded that movie several times in the past. Same failure as I had with Road House...

Comment

Originally posted by jojomo View Post
        Thanks Joseg, unfortunately it didn't work. At this point I can't download anything from Amazon.... I tried to download The Covenant and it failed. I have downloaded that movie several times in the past. Same failure as I had with Road House...
        can you try downloading road house 2024 switching the audio to AAC audio and outputting to MP4 output.
        see if it still fails.

Comment

The developers are not even trying to fix this anymore. It's over and I'll tell you, I got my money worth out of it so it doesn't bother me, but how about new people being sucked in?
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            The developers are not even trying to fix this anymore. It's over and I'll tell you, I got my money worth out of it so it doesn't bother me, but how about new people being sucked in?
            Let's hope they realize they can call their credit cards and dispute the purchase. This is such a foolish, needless waste of what used to be a really good product. I just don't understand why they're choosing to let this happen.
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 04-07-2024, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Just tested on mine with 6.1.7.0 and the 2024 Road House, also sticks on processing. I am unsure if this means it is re-encoding or not.

EDIT : Okay, seems it is re-encoding it as the bar is moving along slowly. Not sure yet if it will fail.
              Last edited by Zammo; 04-07-2024, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zammo View Post
                Just tested on mine with 6.1.7.0 and the 2024 Road House, also sticks on processing. I am unsure if this means it is re-encoding or not.

EDIT : Okay, seems it is re-encoding it as the bar is moving along slowly. Not sure yet if it will fail.
                Do you want a re-encoded download, for the money they charge for this program you should get a pure download.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Do you want a re-encoded download, for the money they charge for this program you should get a pure download.
                  Yes, you should get a proper download, I paid for lifetime of Amazon so of course that is what I want. I am just answering the posters question of if it is sticking on processing or not for me, I did this purely as a test for him. As he said his failed. For what it is worth it didn't fail on mine, but yes is a re-encode that takes a very long time on the processing tab.

Comment

It's a shame they still seling this like a normal app, working like normal. anyway, very easy to find this app without pay it..

Comment

The developers are not even trying to fix this anymore..... ......but how about new people being sucked in?
                      Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

It's a shame they still seling this like a normal app, working like normal......
                      One of my biggest gripes by far, never mind those who have long since paid that are now left stranded with near useless software. All the StreamFab pages on DVDFab.cn make NO mention of the DRM issues or the fact that only select titles will be 1080p yet anyone can STILL buy a license for what would be best described as damaged goods right out of the box. At least the main competitor makes quite clear the DRM issues they are experiencing ON THE SAME PAGE as the Buy Now button.

I did a head to head comparison of SF and the others in another thread. The results were quite disappointing. I do have to say most did as advertised although there were other compelling conditions that negated my consideration of any of the others such as possible fraud or complete lack of support. Well, sadly it would seem the latter now applies to SF as well.
                      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by jojomo View Post
                        Running Streamfab 6.1.7. Can't download the Movies Road House 2024 or Road House 1989 from Amazon. It appears the movies make it to the Processing stage then fail. I've attached the logs for both...
                        Not that it helps, but I can download Road House 2024 without problem using 6.1.7.0. Keep in mind, since its re-encoding, it can take a LONG time depending on your setup, and of course re-encoding requires free drive space, etc.

I queued it up, started the download, walked away and came back later. I have tried several times, and was successful each time. I've downloaded a few other titles that also complete successfully.

If it matters I'm located in USA, and not using VPN.

If you didn't use the OFFLINE installer to update SF, try using it to re-install over top of your current installation. To do so -> Make sure SF is closed, and QCEF.EXE process isn't running in Task Manager before trying to run the installer, OR , reboot your PC, and run the offline installer before trying to start SF.

Because I don't use StreamFab's scheduler, I set "What do do when close window" to EXIT PROGRAM, and make sure SF is *not* set for "Auto Start Upon System Startup" this way I know the app isn't running when I try to update it. While the installer should kill all SF processes/tasks, I prefer to make sure they aren't running myself.

I would also suggest deleting your StreamFab Temp and LOG folders with SF closed and try again.
                        1. With SF open, use the hamburger/3bar menu in StreamFab and select Settings
                        2. Make note of your TEMP and LOG directories
                        3. Log out of Amazon
                        4. Exit SF (again, you want to make sure SF and QCEF are not running)
                        5. Wait about 30-60 seconds to ensure QCEF.EXE process also closes (or in SF settings, Uncheck set for "Auto Start Upon System Startup" and reboot)
                        6. Navigate to your LOG folder
                        7. Delete everything in log (If you can't delete QEF.LOG, QCEF.EXE is running so use Window's Task manager to end QCEF.EXE process)
                        8. Navigate to your TEMP folder
                        9. Delete all files in temp
                        10. ​(optional, but recommended) reboot
                        11. start SF
                        12. Log into Amazon
                        13. Try download again

EDIT: something else to consider... where are your temp and log files located? are they in a path that OneDrive might be backing up? IF So, try pausing OneDrive's sync, or try re-locating the SF Log and Temp files to an alternate path, someplace where OneDrive isn't backing up, but also has plenty of free space (100gig+)

Last edited by KidJoe; 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X