Roku - Verifying you are human bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roku Roku - Verifying you are human bug

Hello, I've tried a variety of versions and can't get past the "verify you are human" prompt. The URL paste doesn't work for me in 6.1.6.9, I'm guessing because it is a paid subscription site on Roku (i.e., STARZ), so I need to be logged in to access the content. Otherwise, I get the continual "analysis" loop. Please fix, if possible. Thanks.

I too am going through the same. It's disappointing to say the least. I'm a paid customer but can't download the movies or series I want. StreamFab is not cheap! I have spent around $400+ on this service so I expect this program to work as promised.

Comment

We are working on this Roku verify human problem. Please wait for the fix.

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by knighter View Post
        Wilson.Wang.....

With all due respect..... as I read the comment by knighter above regarding ROKU..... while keeping in mind the current DRM situation with AMAZON and NETFLIX..... and fully understanding that there are Users who are interested in having access to ROKU restored..... I am compelled to ask the following.....

At this point and time..... with the current climate here on this Forum being less than positive towards support..... do you think it is a sound management decision to allocate resources to any problem other than AMAZON and NETFLIX?.....

Wouldn't you agree that these two streaming providers are by far the most pressing issues facing your company..... and are the greatest obstacles to your future success?.....

Wouldn't you also agree that the overwhelming majority of your StreamFab subscribers are more interested in AMAZON and NETFLIX than any other provider?.....

So for the sake of all concerned..... I respectfully request that you come onto this forum and tell the Users here why you feel that ROKU..... or any other provider..... should be worked on prior to AMAZON and NETFLIX being fixed first..... and give Users something that they can feel positive about as far as what is being done.....

Thank you.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

@weavermovies.

With all due respect....while I want Amazon to be fixed as much as anyone.....they have been working on it for several months with nothing but a re-encode to show for it.....if fixing Roku, which I have an immediate need for based on making the request can be done in short time then why not fix it.

They know what they are working on and where they are with each fix better than us....if they think fixing it can be done to get a quick win....then why not do it?

We all make requests based on our own needs....that is the way it works.....they decide what to work on based on priority and difficulty in making a fix. While I'm sure fixing Amazon is the higher priority,,,,sometimes as developers we pick low hanging fruit for a quick win when possible....possibly this is one of those cases.

Lastly, while I may voice my opinion on issues I'm having....one thing I would not do....is voice my needs directly over another user in their own issues thread.

Oh....and while I realize you are asking this directly of "Wilson" and don't care for responses from others....tough, I'm responding anyways since you are posting your direct needs over mine in a thread I started about an issue I am having. Post your Amazon concerns in your own thread or an Amazon thread....don't come in and try to hijack my request to push your priorities over mine.

Comment

Originally posted by knighter View Post
            Will do. Thank you.

Comment

I just got done downloading the following two videos from ROKU with no appearance of the "Verify you are human" dialog box.....

"DIANA (2013)"..... 1080p..... H264..... AAC..... No reencoding.....

"HOOSIERS (1986)"..... 1080p..... H264..... AAC..... No reencoding.....

As expected..... there were no subtitles since that's been an existing problem prior to the DRM change.....

Three weeks ago when I encountered the "Verify you are human" dialog box when attempting to access ROKU..... I posted asking if anyone had a way to get past it..... Through information provided by​ a combination of sources..... primarily by october262..... I was provided a solution.....and after having it work on my laptop..... I posted the steps I took so anyone else could have a reference if they so desired.....

I'm surprised you didn't see it since that was the same thread where you were​ explaining to Cats4U why you should be exempt from his request that you provide a log file as is the normal Forum requirement..... however..... be that as it may..... do what you choose with this information.....

If you should need it..... the offline downloader link for Windows StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version is up top in the "Sticky" labeled..... "From DVDFab Staff Test version for Amazon and Netflix re-encoding mode (March 15, 2024)​".

[ATTACH]n440556[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	DIANA - HOOSIERS.png
Views:	383
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	440555

Comment

Here's the log file.....

ROKU - DIANA - HOOSIERS - Windows StreamFab 6.1.1.6.9 x64 Test Version.log

Comment

You have to let them fix what they can, they cant fix the other stuff, it's been months already, so move on and let them fix what they can.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
                    I just got done downloading the following two videos from ROKU with no appearance of the "Verify you are human" dialog box.....

"DIANA (2013)"..... 1080p..... H264..... AAC..... No reencoding.....

"HOOSIERS (1986)"..... 1080p..... H264..... AAC..... No reencoding.....

As expected..... there were no subtitles since that's been an existing problem prior to the DRM change.....

Three weeks ago when I encountered the "Verify you are human" dialog box when attempting to access ROKU..... I posted asking if anyone had a way to get past it..... Through information provided by​ a combination of sources..... primarily by october262..... I was provided a solution.....and after having it work on my laptop..... I posted the steps I took so anyone else could have a reference if they so desired.....

I'm surprised you didn't see it since that was the same thread where you were​ explaining to Cats4U why you should be exempt from his request that you provide a log file as is the normal Forum requirement..... however..... be that as it may..... do what you choose with this information.....

If you should need it..... the offline downloader link for Windows StreamFab 6.1.6.9 Test Version is up top in the "Sticky" labeled..... "From DVDFab Staff Test version for Amazon and Netflix re-encoding mode (March 15, 2024)​".

[ATTACH]n440556[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version  Name:	DIANA - HOOSIERS.png Views:	2 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	440555
                    Not only did I see all those messages, but I also tried all those options. Possibly, you haven't read more closely my comments. Those examples you provided are all freely available on Roku. In other words, no reason or need to login. Yes, they work for me as well.

I am referring to titles that are contained within paid channels within Roku (e.g., STARZ). When I try to login into Roku from within StreamFab I get the "Verify you are human" message loop. If I don't try to login and go directly to the titles, I get an endless "analysis" loop as it tries to access content that requires a login.

In other words, an issue that still needs to be resolved and is preventing my most current need. Unless you have a solution there, in which case I'd be happy to hear it.

Comment

Any update on when this will be fixed? Any news will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I also had something I wanted to try on Roku today. I've had no problems in the past, but with 6.1.7.4 today, when I try to sign in, I get the CloudFlare "verify you are human" prompt and when I tick the box, after about 20 seconds or so, the box comes back up and prompts again, and this repeats with no way to get past it.

Very disappointing, the title I wanted to try isn't available anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
                          I also had something I wanted to try on Roku today. I've had no problems in the past, but with 6.1.7.4 today, when I try to sign in, I get the CloudFlare "verify you are human" prompt and when I tick the box, after about 20 seconds or so, the box comes back up and prompts again, and this repeats with no way to get past it.

Very disappointing, the title I wanted to try isn't available anywhere else.
                          It isn't related to 6.1.74. It appears to be something newer that Roku implemented that will affect all versions of StreamFab until they come up with a workaround. Any free content on Roku still seems to work, but if you need to login to get at content on paid channels you are out of luck. I am currently running 6.1.6.9 myself until they deploy a fix for Roku.

Comment

There is a hacky way around this that the devs won't recommend and I'm not going to post all the steps for because it's a massive PIA. (And they backend do it for some other services I believe) But you can log in to Roku and get past the check in Chrome then transplant your cookies from your Chrome profile directory into the cache\network directory for Streamfab (it's in Streamfab's temp directory). I haven't tested since I'm currently logged in, but it worked in the past for getting around a login loop problem with another site and Streamfab.

Comment

Working...
                            X