Disney+ doesn't follow pre-selected bitrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ Disney+ doesn't follow pre-selected bitrate

I was downloading some shows from hulu channel through Disney+, and I noticed only the episode that was analyzed would download in the bitrate I chose, all other episodes would revert back to the highest bitrate available. Is there a way to fix this besides analyzing each episode manually? (I would've done that if it was a short title, but this one has 161 episodes and I want to keep both Jap & Eng audios, so that's 322 episodes...)

the developers would likely need to see your StreamFab log file for when this happened.

That being said, it would not surprise me if fixing the Amazon and Netflix DRM issues are their highest priority, and this D+ issue probably wont be addressed until later.

Comment

Meanwhile, although "re-encode" has become a dirty word here, consider it if you haven't already. I always download at the highest possible bit rate and then re-encode using DVDFab and selecting CRF to get small high-quality files. I usually shrink the audio as well, since I can't hear the difference between 640 and 320.

[Edit] By DVDFab I mean DVDFab 12. DVDFab 13 depends on Unifab, which I didn't like at first and haven't tried recently.

Comment

Judging from today's update, it doesn't look like the DRM is their priority anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
          Judging from today's update, it doesn't look like the DRM is their priority anymore...
          I don't think that's an issue with Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I don't think that's an issue with Disney.
            No, but KidJoe speculated that the developers would be busy trying to fix the DRM to have time for minor issues like this, and what do we get in today's update? A bunch of minor supports and fixes for Disney+ that no one asked (roll eyes). I didn't take this to the support because I wanted them to concentrate on the real important issue: the DRM, and it looks like they just don't care anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post

No, but KidJoe speculated that the developers would be busy trying to fix the DRM to have time for minor issues like this, and what do we get in today's update? A bunch of minor supports and fixes for Disney+ that no one asked (roll eyes). I didn't take this to the support because I wanted them to concentrate on the real important issue: the DRM, and it looks like they just don't care anymore.
              I would call it more of hope than speculation. but yeah, I don't know what to think.

Comment

I see the same with Hulu as well. This has been the case for a bit, but I thought today's update might have fixed it since it seems so much effort was put into Disney and Hulu. No such luck. You select a bitrate, and you get something else (usually about half).

Comment

I suspect it's because it's not analyzing an individual episode, which we would see a very excited post from Jack if the version did in fact analyze individual episodes.
                  I have not tried with Disney+, but with the module open in SF, if you play the episode from a browser, then copy the URL from the browser, does SF pick it up correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                    I suspect it's because it's not analyzing an individual episode, which we would see a very excited post from Jack if the version did in fact analyze individual episodes.
                    I have not tried with Disney+, but with the module open in SF, if you play the episode from a browser, then copy the URL from the browser, does SF pick it up correctly?
                    It's not suppose to need to analyze each episode, all downloads should use the same or closest setting once it was set (like with Netflix or Amazon). And I think this is actually a Hulu problem, because downloads from Disney's own shows doesn't have this problem (the show I was downloading was from the hulu channel in D+). Yes, if you play an episode first in a browser then let Streamfab analyze it will grab the one you last played,.. it does that for any streamer that "remembers" what you watched such as Amazon. So I've been adding each episode manually. It's doable, but very time consuming, and sometimes I need to play an episode twice, even if just for a few seconds, for Streamfab to grab the correct one.

Comment

Working...
                    X