No announcement yet.

lesser works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they will pay attention to it. This seems to be a lousy part of bad code ("ignoring link because its double read"), i hope they will fix these "ignoring links" whatever the program is making or made (double read or not)

Comment

someone can say something for 6175 right now? should i update or do i have to revert the decision afterwards?

Just tested it: Paid for it, but did not work in any way. since almost 3 months no working drm mpd downloader, because it is not recognizing and analysing streams.
      So i revert, as usual, back to at least 6169, maybe one earlier and wait until next year... promised 48hours support has not loaded logs or responsed to this thread. Thats a fact. I'm sorry going back to old versions which ironically works better than optimized new ones.
      The problem is just two things:
      a handful of hours to record (for repetitive tv-shows just in a week out of stock (empty))
      and an expiration date for the records (for me 60 days)
      which makes this very urgent to have a working 6175 as 6169 do, so my question, what was working in 6169 what in 6175 dont? Logs say "i do not analyze your streams, even if they're obvious right before the eye"
      Sorry, but i am waiting for a simple switch (i guess its simple) which makes analyzing mpd's working again.
      Last edited by DeaconGER; 04-27-2024, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconGER View Post
        someone can say something for 6175 right now? should i update or do i have to revert the decision afterwards?

Just tested it: Paid for it, but did not work in any way. since almost 3 months no working drm mpd downloader, because it is not recognizing and analysing streams.
        So i revert, as usual, back to at least 6169, maybe one earlier and wait until next year... promised 48hours support has not loaded logs or responsed to this thread. Thats a fact. I'm sorry going back to old versions which ironically works better than optimized new ones.
        a handful of hours to record (for repetitive tv-shows just in a week out of stock (empty))
        which makes this very urgent to have a working 6175 as 6169 do, so my question, what was working in 6169 what in 6175 dont? Logs say "i do not analyze your streams, even if they're obvious right before the eye"
        Sorry, but i am waiting for a simple switch (i guess its simple) which makes analyzing mpd's working again.
        This software is already paralyzed, no one is managing it!

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconGER View Post

I think re coding is the reason why many websites are stuck in the analysis process

Comment

but there is no analysis nor any other reaction to streams, only play, nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

I think re coding is the reason why many websites are stuck in the analysis process
              Analysis is pre download, re-encoding is post download. This is the reason for the painfully long post processing.
              An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

Analysis is pre download, re-encoding is post download. This is the reason for the painfully long post processing.
                The re coding starts from 6162. I just tried downloading HBogo videos using 6161, and the result is the same as 6169. When downloading most of the videos, it still stays in the analysis stage forever. Starting from 6170, nothing can be downloaded anymore

Comment

6.1.6.7 was the last version I noticed didn't re-encode which is why I stuck with that until the episode bug cropped up and I had no choice but to update. SF now sits in a dusty corner of my HDD.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

6.1.6.7 was the last version I noticed didn't re-encode which is why I stuck with that until the episode bug cropped up and I had no choice but to update. SF now sits in a dusty corner of my HDD.
                    Anystream does not support credit card payments, it only supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and Litecoin (LTC) payments, which is very troublesome

Comment

Tell me about it. I had to create a new PP account and I lost $3.50 in the time it took me to pay. Another guy here (who in an attempt to get SF working bought a Win11 machine specifically for SF) lost $20.

Two months ago I didn't for that very reason. I finally got to the point where enough was enough. We are now 13 weeks in and worse off than we were 3 months ago.

Comment

If that were the case, I would already have lost 500€ per month because I have a dedicated server.
                        That's not really sf's fault. You always have to expect things to stop working, especially in this kind of thing.
                        It was your decision that you bought/rented it.
                        You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                          If that were the case, I would already have lost 500€ per month because I have a dedicated server.
                          That's not really sf's fault. You always have to expect things to stop working, especially in this kind of thing.
                          OK, I get the middle part. Sure programs of this nature are gong to hit roadblocks. However more than three months exceeds my patience threshold by a fairly wide margin. I don't blame SF for the $3.50, I blame BTC. I don't gamble therefore I don't play the market which includes BTC. I'll let the other guy jump out of the 13th story window.

Dedicated server and 500€ I didn't get unless you mean you're BTC mining.

My decision that I bought or rented what? SF? I bought it on good faith. That faith has been broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                            Yeah, it actually IS their fault. This is their business, and they actively chose not to stay on top of it and maintain it - the fact that the competition has been able to overcome the January CDM change shows just how badly they've failed in that. Being their apologist and blaming everyone who bought it for their beyond-feeble performance and failure is beyond ridiculous - especially as they're still trying to claim their product is a downloader, when it's now just a screen recorder.

Anyone who's bought or licensed it within the past year should contact their credit card and dispute the charge for failure to maintain the software (remember that the competition wasn't derelict in that responsibility, so it demonstrates that maintaining its performance is obviously possible) - and I guarandamntee you that no bank is gonna tell them that "you have to expect things to stop working" and "it was your decision to buy/rent it." Most credit card purchases have a dispute window of 90 days, but depending on your bank, you may be able to get them to extend that window since SF is actively claiming their product is a downloader when it currently isn't. There's a very nasty term for that which rhymes with "flawed."

My decision that I bought or rented what? SF? I bought it on good faith. That faith has been broken.
                            Exactly. If SF were actually working on cracking the DRM I'd be a lot more patient, but thanks to jpp and Cats4U, we all know that's not true. They knew the change was coming months before it did in January, and did nothing to get in front of it. Once it hit, they put all their efforts into rolling out a screen recorder because they didn't have a developer who could crack it, and are apparently allergic to hiring anyone who can. Violation of trust, faith, or whatever you want to call it aside, it's actually a breach of all their licensing/subscription contracts, unless they specify they can substitute a screen recorder for a downloader - and then keep calling it a downloader.​
                            Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-04-2024, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I just wrote this to Jack jpp72 over on Zoom. I had no intention of posting it here, but it just seemed to fit the way this thread is currently going. Someone wrote, a long time ago, how DVDFab had set up their own financial organization, at least in the US. I'll have to try to track that down again. This is exactly what AnyStream needs, and they are locked out of it. Anyway, here's what I wrote to Jack...

I really think this is the end now. I wasn't thinking there would be no update this week; I thought it would just be a bad update that caused more problems. And radio silence to you here on Zoom is not a good sign. Another thing is, Wilson hasn't had any activity on the forum since the 30th of April. Things just don't feel right. We're coming to a conclusion of some sort. As I've said before, the best thing possible for all involved would be for AnyStream to purchase StreamFab. Users on the SF forum are already complaining about having to use Bitcoin. SF already has their whole banking network set up. Obviously, the AS coders are better and have conquered the DRM already (except Netflix). I've never used AS, but everyone says that the UI is funky. Maybe AS could take over SF's UI and fix it up better with the changes you were pushing. I really can't see another different company coming in and taking over StreamFab. If the other streamers start to do whatever Netflix is doing, that will be the end of direct streaming downloads. It's too risky a time, but since AS is already in it, it won't put them in any greater jeopardy. But when you come right down to it, the best bet to place is with the Scene. Be it Torrent, Newsgroups, or even Scene-affiliated servers, that is the way to go. Stream downloading had a nice 3-year run, but it was too easy to defeat or disrupt, and it's on its way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                                I just wrote this to Jack jpp72 over on Zoom. I had no intention of posting it here, but it just seemed to fit the way this thread is currently going. Someone wrote, a long time ago, how DVDFab had set up their own financial organization, at least in the US. I'll have to try to track that down again. This is exactly what AnyStream needs, and they are locked out of it. Anyway, here's what I wrote to Jack...
                                I used AS for at least a year before I purchased SF, and I have to say that "funky" isn't exactly how I'd describe their UI. I bought it back when they'd only take Mastercard - and while that's the one and only time i've ever used my debit card for an internet purchase (and had "what the hell are you doing?" going in a continuous loop in my head while I did), I wasn't sorry. They've always been a "project" rather than a company with a CEO and business license, which is presumably why people can't use their credit cards to buy the software at present, but given that they don't seem to want to change that status, I can't see them absorbing SF, let alone their banking network. Which is too bad - they really need an alternative to crypto.

SF had so many unique features and supported providers that AS didn't, that it makes their decision to just let this software dwindle down and go flatline, like someone just unplugged its life support, all the more perplexing. Then again, I couldn't figure out why the hell they'd spend their resources chasing after the ersatz providers they did, at the expense of maintaining the major ones they claimed to support.
                                Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-04-2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X