6.1.7.2 crashes repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows 6.1.7.2 crashes repeatedly

Early this morning, there was a Windows 10 update installed. When I launched StreamFab, I also installed the 6.1.7.2 update. Now it crashes whenever I attempt to run StreamFab. To avoid the repeated crashes, I've tried:
    1. restarting StreamFab
    2. rebooting the PC (twice)
    3. deleting the entire Cache folder for StreamFab
    Initially, it would let me get all the way into Hulu and attempt to select a show before crashing. Then I got as far as attempting to log in to Hulu (because the Cache folder had been emptied). And now it crashes during startup. If there are any other log files you need to see, please let me know where they're stored.

StreamFab.log

Originally posted by zapt View Post
    Early this morning, there was a Windows 10 update installed. When I launched StreamFab, I also installed the 6.1.7.2 update. Now it crashes whenever I attempt to run StreamFab.
    If I am understanding you correctly..... your computer did a restart during off hours and performed a required update which was pending..... and then you did a StreamFab update which is now resulting in your system crashing when you run the newly installed Windows StreamFab 6.1.7.2.....

If this was me..... I wouldn't think twice..... I'd go into System Restore..... find the Automatic Restore Point that was created prior to your Windows 10 Update and restore the system back to that point.....

This will also undo and get you back prior to the 6.1.7.2 update that you performed..... which again..... I am assuming was better than what you're experiencing now.....

More importantly..... it should restore your "cache" folder which resides inside your StreamFab "Temp" folder..... which is what's giving you the problems you're mentioning with HULU.....

But what do I know?​

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

If I am understanding you correctly..... your computer did a restart during off hours and performed a required update which was pending..... and then you did a StreamFab update which is now resulting in your system crashing when you run the newly installed Windows StreamFab 6.1.7.2.....

If this was me..... I wouldn't think twice..... I'd go into System Restore..... find the Automatic Restore Point that was created prior to your Windows 10 Update and restore the system back to that point.....

This will also undo and get you back prior to the 6.1.7.2 update that you performed..... which again..... I am assuming was better than what you're experiencing now.....

But what do I know?​
      Yes, that's correct. If there's nothing Support wants me to send them or try, I'll either do that or see if there's a link from which I can download 6.1.7.1 and install that over 6.1.7.2. I've had to do that in the past, but can never seem to easily find WHERE I can download other recent versions. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

The link is available in a "sticky", one of the topics in the yellow area at the top of the forum.

Comment

That would be 6.1.7.1 beta. Do NOT use the first link (Product Page) in the post. That page links to 6.1.7.2. Use the 2nd link for x86 or 3rd for x64.

New! StreamFab 6.1.7.1 Beta is released (April 03, 2024) StreamFab 6.1.7.1 Beta Changelog Fix: A crash problem in some cases. Product page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader.htm Download link (available only on Forum for now): StreamFab (Offline vers.): FullFileName: streamfab_x86_6171_beta_4742f2a7.exe MD5:
          An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

If you installed 6.1.7.2 using the program's update feature, I suggest you download the standalone installer from the yellow sticky thread announcing the release and re-install it that way. In future, it's a good idea to install that way and retain the installer files for at least a few versions, since only the current version installer is available.

Comment

Downloading 6.1.7.1 (offline version) and installing it over 6.1.7.2 solved the problem--and it wasn't necessary to roll back yesterday's Win 10 OS updates. Thanks to all who pointed me to the location (Sticky) of the download links.

Of course, I have no idea what the issue between the Win 10 update and 6.1.7.2 was, but my log is available to the developers in my initial post (above). If anyone is interested, see the screenshot below for the specific updates that were automatically installed early this morning (4/11/24).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Win 10 updates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	440587

Comment

Working...
              X