X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Streamfab now crashes as soon as I select Amazon

Updated to latest version....
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 04-23-2024, 11:54 AM.

Fixed ...had to do an uninstall and reinstall. I gues something went wrong with the update.

Comment

Fixed ...had to do an uninstall and reinstall. I gues something went wrong with the update.

Comment

Never use the updater. Always perform a new installation when changing versions.

Comment

Test downloaded 3 movies, one newer and two older and all failed, assuming this is DRM issue rearing it's ugly head.

Comment

It also logs me out of Netflix after I put one thing in the queue. What a mess.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Did you delete the Log and Temp folders before uninstalling and make sure the install directory was removed before reinstalling?

If not to be on the safe side do an uninstall but you will have to delete the Log and Temp folders in Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab as the uninstaller is too stupid to remove these and some of the issues I've had were related to these folders. Well, I should say update issues, it's chock full of other issues right now and ironically the only way to solve the SF issues is to remove it. Don't save settings during uninstall either.

Make sure the directory C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab is gone after uninstall (assuming it is Win x64 you're using) and if not delete it as well. Then reinstall. Registry entries have no real impact but I would prefer they used an .INI file as it is much easier to kill than all the little turds it leaves in the registry.

I am able to download recent titles but the process is now painfully slow, StreamClient.exe still crashes at the end of processing and the audio is downgraded to AAC 2.0 regardless of the download settings I choose. However, I did not test EVERY title on Amazon.

As you can see I've been fighting with it for a while. Current version being tested is 6.1.7.4. And yes, that IS my machine's name as I've often been called a prick. My file and print server is Shithead (been called that too). I must be doing something right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	installed_versions.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	441292
              An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Working...
              X