Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

An option to turn on/off this RE-ENCONDING situation should be able to. Anyway, anystream is ahead in the game, just start using that app.
    Amazon Analysis Workaround 6.1.6.7 To load Amazon titles with the old DRM in the correct sound: (All statements without guarantee) 1. Install 6.1.7.5. 2. Copy the files from this folder to another location, you will need them later C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\script amazon_get_meta_info.py amazon_get_real_url.py

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Amazon Analysis Workaround 6.1.6.7 To load Amazon titles with the old DRM in the correct sound: (All statements without guarantee) 1. Install 6.1.7.5. 2. Copy the files from this folder to another location, you will need them later C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\script amazon_get_meta_info.py amazon_get_real_url.py
      thanksss. worst "fix" in this app it's this re-enconding thing.

Comment

Right click on the folder and choose run as Administrator.
        In reply to Chameleon's post.
        I think I should have explained myself a little more clearly.
        I wrote two little patches to solve a problem I was experiencing using the StreamFab 6.1.7.5 Netflix downloader.

When downloading more than 1 file of a TV series or movie, for some strange reason, more than 99% of the StreamFab installation was deleted.
        This has nothing to do with clearing out cache, cookies or a DRM download issue.
        This is affecting the program itself.

The first patch I wrote called "Deny" simply changes the security settings to deny files from being deleted.
        If you try and delete the StreamFab folder or files within it you will get a "ACCESS DENIED" error dialog.
        This setting is applied for Administrator, Users & Everyone.
        When StreamFab tries to delete the files after processing a video, it fails.
        It then proceeds to analyse and download the next video.
        Since the program files cannot be deleted by Streamfab, the next video downloads and processes as per normal.

The next patch I wrote called "Allow" simply changes the security settings back to full access.
        Doing this will allow you to delete the StreamFab folder for any upgrades or changes.

This is not a perfect solution, but it solves the problem I am temporarily facing until this problem is (hopefully) fixed in the next StreamFab release.

I hope that this explanation is clear enough??

Anyone interested in my patches, please send me a PM.

Thank you...​

Comment

Originally posted by Tallguy297 View Post

When downloading more than 1 file of a TV series or movie, for some strange reason, more than 99% of the StreamFab installation was deleted.
          Sounds a bit like what anti-virus software would do. Something else is going on if the C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab was emptied. If you are running AV check the quarantine and if you find SF files there exclude that folder in your AV.

The first patch I wrote called "Deny" simply changes the security settings to deny files from being deleted.
          The next patch I wrote called "Allow" simply changes the security settings back to full access.

I understand you are trying to help but we don't know if you've tested this on anything other than one computer running one version of an OS and no mention of the source so those who understand code can examine them. They may be working great for you but until they are fully vetted by other coders anyone running them is taking a risk I would not.

If these steps can be accomplished via the command line or through Windows Explorer it might be better to outline those commands/steps in a post than offering executables via PM. jpp72 may correct me but this may fall into somewhat of a gray area. These patches may be completely benign but those running them should be made aware they are on their own should they choose to run them.

Keep in mind there are a lot of desperate people on these forums and I would hate to find the patches did more harm than good.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but the whole time I coded for a living the programs were thoroughly tested in EVERY environment they were intended for long before I released them or sent updates. The boss also went through the code before hand as well. Three pairs of eyes in total.

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

An option to turn on/off this RE-ENCONDING situation should be able to. Anyway, anystream is ahead in the game, just start using that app.
            That would definitely decrease processing times yet at the same time fail downloads. Re-encoding is the ONLY way SF can download Amazon, Netflix and others at the moment. it's live with it or ditch it.

Comment

Hi NewMelle,
              Thanks for your reponse.

I checked my AV software to check if any of the StreamFab files were quarantined and there were none.
              That was one of the first things I thought of.

In relation to my small patches.
              They do some very simple things.
              1) Search for the Streamfab installation
              2) Run for the following DOS commands.
              icacls <STREAMFABDIR> /deny AdministratorsDE,DC) /t
              icacls <STREAMFABDIR> /deny UsersDE,DC) /t
              icacls <STREAMFABDIR> /deny EveryoneDE,DC) /t

The reason for running the command 3 times is for different user profiles.

The same result can be done through using security settings under the properties.

1) Go to the properties menu for StreamFab and click on Advanced under the security tab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	01 PROPERTIES.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	441646

Click image for larger version  Name:	02 ADVANCED.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	441647

2) Click on ADD and select a principal user.
              3) Click on the selection type and change to DENY.
              4) Click on Show Advanced permissions.
              5) Select "Delete subfolders and files" and "Delete"
              6) Click on OK.
              7) Click on Apply and that's it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	03 PERMISSIONS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	441648

Now, if you select the StreamFab directory to delete any folders or files, there should be a small shield icon next to it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	04 MENU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	441649

The files are now set so that cannot be deleted. You should get an "ACCESS DENIED" dialog box.
              This also means that none of the StreamFab program files are affected when downloaded movies or TV series.

I hope this information is useful?

Thanks...​

Comment

In reply to Chameleon's post.
                I think I should have explained myself a little more clearly.
                I wrote two little patches to solve a problem I was experiencing using the StreamFab 6.1.7.5 Netflix downloader.

This has nothing to do with clearing out cache, cookies or a DRM download issue.
                This is affecting the program itself.

If you try and delete the StreamFab folder or files within it you will get a "ACCESS DENIED" error dialog.
                This setting is applied for Administrator, Users & Everyone.
                When StreamFab tries to delete the files after processing a video, it fails.
                It then proceeds to analyse and download the next video.
                Since the program files cannot be deleted by Streamfab, the next video downloads and processes as per normal.

Doing this will allow you to delete the StreamFab folder for any upgrades or changes.

This is not a perfect solution, but it solves the problem I am temporarily facing until this problem is (hopefully) fixed in the next StreamFab release.

I hope that this explanation is clear enough??

Thank you...​
                By patches do you mean you wrote a script?
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I decided again it.
                  Besides I posted a temporary solution in my previous post.
                  Thank you...

Comment

Working...
                  X