Diana's "review" reviewed with very interesting results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Well, who says this comparison actually existed?!
    Based on my results I have SERIOUS doubts it had ANY basis in a real head to head comparison. Essentially someone just Fàngpì.
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I don't know, it may be that version 7 is rewritten from scratch. Or at least all modules run like Amazon, or at least renew the programs under the hood. Then they might have a reason to say version 7 is X% faster than version 6...

But I remember when version 6 was released, some of you said that the program could also have been called version 5.5...

I don't pay anything anymore!​
      Nothing will change, 7 is just a bigger number than 6. But now they can say. The new Version 7 is out. That will be the only change and I guarantee you, there will be something in it you will have to pay for, either a new module or something that wasn't there before.

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I don't know, it may be that version 7 is rewritten from scratch.
        That will be the only way that they dig themselves out of this mess. This has been done before with them, to reengineer what is in place. NewMelle was close in a previous post that maybe the original developer of the software jumped shipped and now things need to be mended by them, Chameleon said the same and people are not getting it.

Think Version 7 if it is reconstructed it will be their own version that they will have better control of updates. This is why it is taking this time; I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Nothing will change, 7 is just a bigger number than 6. But now they can say. The new Version 7 is out. That will be the only change and I guarantee you, there will be something in it you will have to pay for, either a new module or something that wasn't there before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i_don't_think_so_sm.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	441307

I paid for a LIFETIME license, not up to any such version and not except for this, that or the other module I paid for. What, now it's like Windows? Too lazy to finish the last version so they pump out a new version and call it New and Improved?

In context, now that I think about it.....

There will be a lot more angry people here if those with current licenses are expected to pay to upgrade. IIRC licenses are per period, not per version.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Posted by NewMelle
            I paid for a LIFETIME license,
            Is that your lifetime or the lifetime of Version 6?

Comment

Is that your lifetime or the lifetime of Version 6?
              Why are you feeding this guy? Please tell us all how will a totally reconstructed version of 7, if it happens will be a duped copy of 6 and cost extra?

Comment

That's a new phrase on me. "feeding this guy" is one I've not heard before. That aimed at me?

I don't give a flying **** if it's revamped, rebuilt, re-engineered, rehashed, tastes like steak or comes with free poontang, I won't be paying again.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                  That's a new phrase on me. "feeding this guy" is one I've not heard before. That aimed at me?

I don't give a flying **** if it's revamped, rebuilt, re-engineered, rehashed, tastes like steak or comes with free poontang, I won't be paying again.
                  It's not really intended or directed at you.....but glad I was above your cloud....there is no need to be so brash on the forum...cool your tip...You started this thread; so not going to go off topic, I'll leave it as that. Nuff said!!!
                  Last edited by Down2Earth; 04-23-2024, 02:31 AM.

Comment

You may be correct. I'm an old biker and capable of far worse rhetoric. Now and then the aggravation and frustration leaks out a bit. I would have tamed it down but the option to edit is no longer available.

Comment

Posted by NewMelle
                      Now and then the aggravation and frustration leaks out a bit
                      As it does for all of us who own this program and waiting for ages for it to be fixed. I have my money's worth out of it, I do not think it is going to be fixed (DRM issue) if they could they would have it already. Its been months and months.

Comment

That will probably probably be an upgrade and you’ll probably have to pay for it. If they can’t do it in version six what makes you think version seven will be any different?
                        Until now it wasn't like that...

5.0.0.2 2021-11-10
                        New: This is the 1st official release of StreamFab 5. All existing users can upgrade to the new version for free.

6.0.0.0 2022-10-28
                        New: Introducing the brand new StreamFab 6. All existing users of previous versions can upgrade to this latest version for free.​

Comment

What makes you think V7 is coming any time soon if at all? We are on V6.1.7.4, that leaves 6.2, 6.3, 6.4. etc.

Comment

I sincerely hope the disparity illustrated above is rectified someday. Preferably sooner rather than later.

What makes you think V7 is coming any time soon if at all? We are on V6.1.7.4, that leaves 6.2, 6.3, 6.4. etc.
                            I don't know why but that reminded me of a song I sang as a kid, "A Rabbit Ain't Got No Tail At All." LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	rabbit.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	441336

Comment

There has been exactly zero talk of a Version 7 on the official wire. I don't know where that came from. The only long term goal that has ever been mentioned is to have every module operate the same way that Amazon works now (well, when it worked, that is, without the re-encoding). If they did that all at once, that could be worthy of being called Version 7. More than likely, though, they'll do it module by module over time. That is, if the company survives that long (which I tend to doubt).

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

There has been exactly zero talk of a Version 7 on the official wire. I don't know where that came from. The only long term goal that has ever been mentioned is to have every module operate the same way that Amazon works now (well, when it worked, that is, without the re-encoding). If they did that all at once, that could be worthy of being called Version 7. More than likely, though, they'll do it module by module over time. That is, if the company survives that long (which I tend to doubt).
                                And to be honest, even if there was a version 7 on the horizon, what makes anyone believe it will work any better than Version 6, don't you think if they could fix all these issues they would?If they can't fix them in Version 6 they won't be able to fix them in Version 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. You all have what you are going to get. Maybe if they brought the original developers back from Y2Mate.com who they bought this program from something may get fixed, but that's unlikely. And I have no idea if he would even have a fix for this mess. Fengtao would have never let this happen. Not one program on this board is original. For example, UniFab is a copy of Uniconverter (Wondershare) Passkey is a broken version of AnyDVDHD. etc. The only original program is dvdFab which was coded by Fengtao himself when it was FabGold. (2003). To their credit, they have kept it going since 2019 when they took over for Fengtao and Signals. But nothing on this board is original. Nothing. Even streamFab is made up of freeware that other people coded. They just put it all together in a package. Now that the DRM has changed, they can't fix it. It was not a big surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X