New problem with Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon New problem with Amazon

I seem to be having a new problem when trying to DL any series from Amazon. Streamfab only lists and allows a single episode to be DLed. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I am using version 6.1.7.1

6.1.7.4 fixes this but now audio is AAC 2.0 stereo only.
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Looks like the competition is having the same 5.1 to 2.0 audio issue, so it appears to be a change by Amazon.

Comment

Not with everything. I've grabbed a number of episodes and a couple of movies and they came down EAC3 5.1.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post
            Looks like the competition is having the same 5.1 to 2.0 audio issue, so it appears to be a change by Amazon.
            No they are not, every region except Australia and NZ, and Japan are fixed.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Chameleon, NewMelle​ what version do you use (without re-enconding) or u use anystream?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

No they are not, every region except Australia and NZ, and Japan are fixed.
                My intent was just to show that in this case, this may not have been something SF broke while trying to fix something else, but instead a change on the Amazon side. The fact that the competition experienced the same issue that required a fix is how I based that reasoning. I wasn't trying to infer anything more than that. Many times, it seems we accuse SF of creating as many defects as they resolve. This just may not be one of those cases.

Comment

My intent was just to show that in this case, this may not have been something SF broke while trying to fix something else, but instead a change on the Amazon side. The fact that the competition experienced the same issue that required a fix is how I based that reasoning. I wasn't trying to infer anything more than that. Many times, it seems we accuse SF of creating as many defects as they resolve. This just may not be one of those cases.
                  Amazon on StreamFab has many more issues than just audio, they re-encode the video. Half the time what your settings are do not work, it has a banner at the end saying this is the best we could do, no HEVC or good audio, or something else that this program used to achieve and cannot now.

Comment

I must be in one of the regions Amazon fixed early on. I have not updated AS yet to 1.8.8.0 and was downloading EAC3 5.1 on most of what I downloaded (not old movies).

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post
                    Chameleon, NewMelle​ what version do you use (without re-enconding) or u use anystream?

I'd have to be a glutton for punishment to use any version of SF for anything other than deleting files when I'm in a bad mood. It is essentially useless for me for anything else.​ Processing time is far longer than I can tolerate and the AAC 2.0 issue is another issue I just can't abide. There is no reason to put up with that when I have something else that does the job efficiently without fail (AS).

Comment

SF 6.1.7.5 Amazon working but no turbo speed.

Comment

For me the audio is ok as I only DL it as 2.0 anyway. After going to 6.1.7.5 I can now access the entire series. It has to be recoding as the processing alone took almost 2 hours but I am not getting subtitles. I only DL as 720p and 2.0 audio. Choose english subtitles and do not get any. I uninstalled 6.1.7.1 and did a clean install of 6.1.7.5 and still no go.

Comment

Turbo speed started at 1 mb/s and rose to 4.5 mb/s so turbo speed is working.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdee4 View Post
                            Turbo speed started at 1 mb/s and rose to 4.5 mb/s so turbo speed is working.
                            Do you think 4.5mb/s is turbo? LOL, even with a poor ISP you should get 20mb/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Amazon on StreamFab has many more issues than just audio, they re-encode the video. Half the time what your settings are do not work, it has a banner at the end saying this is the best we could do, no HEVC or good audio, or something else that this program used to achieve and cannot now.
                              Honestly, I'm not sure where you are going with this. Yes, SF has a lot of issues with Amazon, Netflix, and other sites that are posted all over this forum that they have failed to resolve. I was just responding about one such newly reported issue within a thread about such issue and saying that in this case we may be looking at more of a new requirement than a long-standing requirement that can't manage to resolve (DRM) or in some cases defects that they created. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X