Amazon Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon Processing

Lately i 've been experiencing an issue with Amazon processing times that range from 1 hour to 2 hours for a tv show that has a running time of 22 mins....is anybody else experiencing a similar issue. I've tried updating, uninstalling an re installing etc and all haven't changed the issue at all

I would suggest reading the other messages that have been posted.

Comment

I have tried to, i've only came across a couple that mention long processing times but not as to why that is or whether there is a solution to the problem.

Comment

Try doing a search for re-encoding. There will be a LOT more results! This is what is causing the ridiculously long processing times. It's the SF band-aid fix for the inability to crack the new Amazon DRM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
          Try doing a search for re-encoding. There will be a LOT more results! This is what is causing the ridiculously long processing times. It's the SF band-aid fix for the inability to crack the new Amazon DRM.
          I think re coding is the reason why many websites are stuck in the analysis process

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

I think re coding is the reason why many websites are stuck in the analysis process
            Not sure what you mean with the "analysis process". When you start a download first of all it shows a quick process bar, then it is doing the analysis how it can be doenloaded which shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Then the download begins - which also should go reasonably fast according to your internet speed (there is a progress bar oving). Then the processing progress bar comes up and it seems as it is doing nothing for a while (internally it copies the many downloaded junks into one big file - the larger the loner this takes). Eventually the real processing starts. If it is a very very slowly moving progress bar, then it is (re)encodog. Final stage is the multiplexing of video and audio.
            In which of those phases do you have problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Not sure what you mean with the "analysis process". When you start a download first of all it shows a quick process bar, then it is doing the analysis how it can be doenloaded which shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Then the download begins - which also should go reasonably fast according to your internet speed (there is a progress bar oving). Then the processing progress bar comes up and it seems as it is doing nothing for a while (internally it copies the many downloaded junks into one big file - the larger the loner this takes). Eventually the real processing starts. If it is a very very slowly moving progress bar, then it is (re)encodog. Final stage is the multiplexing of video and audio.
              In which of those phases do you have problems?
              It has been analyzing, but it has not started downloading

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-05-02 154226.png
Views:	754
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	441802

Comment

With reencoding, the video encoding done during the Processing stage accounts for most of the time. Downloading on a computer with a faster CPU would help.

Comment

thats not true
                  ive exactly the same problem here and i dont use this upscaling shit. im still on 6.1.6.7
                  You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

A hefty CPU and GPU would certainly help. Clean, efficient, effective and intelligent code would go a lot farther.

Comment

Analysis is pre-download, re-encoding is post download.

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

thats not true
                        ive exactly the same problem here and i dont use this upscaling shit. im still on 6.1.6.7
                        They may have used re coding before 6167, but they didn't mention it in the Changelog

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

thats not true
                          Here either. Sadly NONE of the SF versions are anywhere near sophisticated enough to upscale. You need dedicated software designed by intelligent people to accomplish this.

Comment

They may have used re coding before 6167, but they didn't mention it in the Changelog
                            Yes, they did. 6.1.6.2 and 6.1.6.3 were re-encodes. 6.1.6.4 through were 6.1.6.7 were downloads. 6.1.6.8 until the present, all have a various amount of re-encoding.

6.1.6.4 2024-02-07
                            • Fix: Improved the support for downloading videos from Amazon/Hulu/Max/Paramount+/Apple TV+/Tubi/U-NEXT/Lemino/NHK+/AbemaTV/Only Fans/ITVX/Crunchyroll/Shahid/RTL+/Joyn/Pluto TV.
                              - Download mode is back to normal.
                              - For Amazon, the newly released videos can be downloaded as 540p and EAC3 5.1.
                              - For Max, the newly released videos can be download as 720p.
                              - For the listed other services, the video and audio quality are same as before.
                            • NOTE: For Netflix, Amazon 1080p video quality and the other services, we are still on working.

6.1.6.3 2024-02-04
                            • Fix: A failure problem (Error Code:13000) when downloading Amazon videos.

6.1.6.2 2024-02-01
                            • Due to the upgraded DRM schemes applied on Jan. 25, some issus have been fixed timely in this new version, however, we still need more time to correct all the other problems.
                              Fix: For Amazon/Hulu/Paramount+/Roku/Joyn/RTL Plus/Rakuten TV/NHK+/Lemino/FOD/Shahid/DMM/Fanza/ITVX/TUBI/MGStage, most of the videos can be downloaded as usual, only the newly released ones will switch to the new re-encoding mode. (The audio quality is down to AAC in this mode, and the download speed will also be slightly affected but the video quality remains almost close to the original.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Yes, they did. 6.1.6.2 and 6.1.6.3 were re-encodes. 6.1.6.4 through were 6.1.6.7 were downloads. 6.1.6.8 until the present, all have a various amount of re-encoding.

Okay, thank you! I just checked and they started using re coding on 6162

Comment

Working...
                              X