No announcement yet.

Vote for a update 6.1.6.7 without screenrecord + encode shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Vote for a update 6.1.6.7 without screenrecord + encode shit

it would be nice if you just updated the last relatively working version 6.1.6.7 without this screenrecord and encode crap that you added afterwards.
    i want to download stuff and not screenrecord AND then make it worse again with an encode

I can screenrecord with OBS myself or I can buy something that looks better and has no encode option, because encoding minimises the quality again.

so please update ONLY the correct download function so that you can also use the things that unfortunately no longer work with v6.1.6.7
    You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
    it would be nice if you just updated the last relatively working version 6.1.6.7 without this screenrecord and encode crap that you added afterwards.
    i want to download stuff and not screenrecord AND then make it worse again with an encode

I can screenrecord with OBS myself or I can buy something that looks better and has no encode option, because encoding minimises the quality again.

so please update ONLY the correct download function so that you can also use the things that unfortunately no longer work with v6.1.6.7
    Sorry, but can't help it, I do not understand the benefit of your request. If screen recording is taken out of SF you simply couldn't download "new" DRM stuff at all, or in SD only.
    Regardless whether screen record is part of SF or not, it does not affect "old" DRM content which is also in the current version a direct stream download.
    The SF screen record is a bit different from OBS, it respects the original frame rate and therefore the result has the same frame rate without any missed or duplicated frames. Besides, OBS will record only black video for DRM protected content - Firefox is one of the last browser OBS could screen record DRM protected content - not sure if the current Firefox version is still allowing for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Sorry, but can't help it, I do not understand the benefit of your request. If screen recording is taken out of SF you simply couldn't download "new" DRM stuff at all, or in SD only.
      Regardless whether screen record is part of SF or not, it does not affect "old" DRM content which is also in the current version a direct stream download.
      The SF screen record is a bit different from OBS, it respects the original frame rate and therefore the result has the same frame rate without any missed or duplicated frames. Besides, OBS will record only black video for DRM protected content - Firefox is one of the last browser OBS could screen record DRM protected content - not sure if the current Firefox version is still allowing for this.
      The downloader should be a downloader, not a re-encoder. AS solved the problem long ago. even the lone developers from the discord channel also decided everything a long time ago. SF immediately add new useless modules and a useless transcoding mode with AAC sound.

Comment

Originally posted by bricks View Post

The downloader should be a downloader, not a re-encoder. AS solved the problem long ago. even the lone developers from the discord channel also decided everything a long time ago. SF immediately add new useless modules and a useless transcoding mode with AAC sound.
        I am not happy with this either. sadly enought SF obviously hasn't found a DRM crack yet. So if screen record is cut out as well, it is is zip with downloading with SF. Before I invest in a 2 year AS lic and sign up for a bitcoin account in order to pay for it, I much rather have the screen recording.
        And what about these who do have a SF lic or even just bought one recently, do you want to prevent them downloading by removing the only means SF currently has? Besides, nobody is stopping anybody from moving on to the competitor.
        Last edited by Kattanders; 05-06-2024, 02:13 PM.

Comment

They could reconcile a lot of us with using the latest version if they added a setting:

Re-encode HD video when DRM cannot be cracked:
          • Always
          • Never
          • Ask each time

Comment

not true, just disable hardware acceleration so you can just record
            it's a screenrecord with encode i can do the same with obs and handbrake so why should i pay for it?

and like i said: there are far better screen recorders than this shit​

I am not happy with this either. sadly enought SF obviously hasn't found a DRM crack yet. So if screen record is cut out as well, it is is zip with downloading with SF. Before I invest in a 2 year AS lic and sign up for a bitcoin account in order to pay for it, I much rather have the screen recording.
            And what about these who do have a SF lic or even just bought one recently, do you want to prevent them downloading by removing the only means SF currently has? Besides, nobody is stopping anybody from moving on to the competitor.
            I have a lifetime licence with both AS and SF.

The fact that AS only outputs MP4 alone annoys me.
            and I prefer an SD download to a 1080p/4K screenrecord for obvious reasons.

i might still be persuaded if the extra encode wasn't there. but it just makes everything shittier.
            screenrecord + encode = the same as shitting in my toilet maybe this is way better​

Comment

The fact that AS only outputs MP4 alone annoys me.
              I wrote a power automate desktop flow to call MKVToolnix's mkvmerge​ and remux to MKV. I did also set it to rename the files to include PLEX edition tags. Check the Third Party Products section of Fox's forums. Reply there if you want to get rid of the rename part.

or you could just have a batch file to call it and remux all mp4's in a folder, without going through the rest.
              Last edited by KidJoe; 05-06-2024, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                I write a power automate desktop flow to call MKVToolnix's mkvmerge​ and remux to MKV. I did also set it to rename the files to include PLEX edition tags. Check the Third Party Products section of Fox's forums. Reply there if you want to get rid of the rename part.
                I will have a look

i have always done it by hand and it is very annoying. especially if you convert whole series to mkv

ty​

Comment

I will have a look

i have always done it by hand and it is very annoying. especially if you convert whole series to mkv

ty​
                  I don't have it set to recurse sub-dir's in a folder beyond the service level. So TV series are not accounted for at the moment.

As a quick work around... open a command prompt in the Series's Season folder and run....

Code:
                  FOR /R %%A IN (*.mp4) DO "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "%%~dpnA.mkv" "%%~dpnxA"

Comment

You do know you do not have to join the AnyStream forum if you don't want to, you can still read everything and most likely your question will already have been asked and answered. I bought their program but I never joined their forum, I read it every day and I find it most interesting they have many IT experts, and all my questions have already been asked and answered. I joined this forum in 2009 when it first started, if most of you don't know, DVDFab started on a forum called cdfreaks.com in 2003, and Redfox was there also. Both programs started their own forums and left cdfreaks.com. Fab in 2009 and Redfox in 2007. They have both been in business since 2003. cdfreaks turned into Myce.com and now doesn't exist anymore. It was a great loss to the community.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
                      They could reconcile a lot of us with using the latest version if they added a setting:

Re-encode HD video when DRM cannot be cracked:
                      • Always
                      • Never
                      • Ask each time
                      best idea for this new stupid feature.. at least we can decide if we want re-encode or not

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

best idea for this new stupid feature.. at least we can decide if we want to re-encode or not
                        If you don't re-encode you won't be able to download it at all.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

If you don't re-encode you won't be able to download it at all.
                          i don't like it, i prefer not download or look at scene torrents rather having re-encodes movies on my pc

Comment

Working...
                          X