• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

not a streamfab issue
    I'm guessing English isn't your first language

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

So can I, but they are not what I want. Try Madame Secretary and see if you get further than Episode 2
      It's taken several attempts but I finally completed Madam Secretary. It was strange because I left it to download seasons 3 and 4 but when I returned it had downloaded just 2 episodes from one season but the other season was complete.
      Before the latest update the download resolution box took about 20 seconds to cycle through 1080 then 720 then 540 then 480 and finally it went back to 1080 and the download starts. With the latest update it says 1080 and starts straight away.
      Using the VPN I sometimes had to sign in again upon return but I usually had to sign in set to UK otherwise sign in failed. Once I signed in I switched the VPN on set to US and Madam Secretary became available

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

This one didn't have the purple hue, it only downloaded Episode 1, all others failed.
        Wait, even using older version 6.1.6.7? It's actually unreasonable that you'd need to have more than the latest version installed as that latest version should have the functionality of the older one. but hey, it's StreamFab...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaynator495 View Post

Actually, thanks to libplacebo, players such as MPV, VLC Nightly, and I believe kodi have DoVi tonemapping for profile 5. I personally modify my plex clients MPV version (which is the player in the underlying client) to contain libplacebo so that DoVi profile 5 appears fine on non DoVi displays. I still avoid downloading DoVi 5 though
          This a very recent thing as several people have asked about DoVi tone mapping on the Kodi Forums and Kodi Team members have said no because it is proprietary so they don't have the specs/white paper

Glad to see this development. I don't have DoVi equipment so i download in HDR10 and watch natively on 65 Inch Q80 Samsung in the living room or with Kodi tone mapping in the bedroom, dining room, and home gym
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

This a very recent thing as several people have asked about DoVi tone mapping on the Kodi Forums and Kodi Team members have said no because it is proprietary so they don't have the specs/white paper

Glad to see this development. I don't have DoVi equipment so i download in HDR10 and watch natively on 65 Inch Q80 Samsung in the living room or with Kodi tone mapping in the bedroom, dining room, and home gym
            I agree, the underlying code was merged I think roughly 2 years ago, but there's still a lot of work to actually add it to all the players. ffmpeg recently has been adding all the groundwork for dolby vision in their library. MPV I think added it about a year ago now. VLC has had it in nightly for a couple years now if I'm right... here's hoping v4 releases eventually. As for kodi, looking further into it they don't *yet* implement it, unless google is failing me which it often does nowadays. However, because it's proprietary, plex specifically builds a version of MPV without libplacebo to avoid having dolby vision support, which is why I have to put it my own MPV (because it also improves normal HDR tonemapping), which is quite annoying. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

This would never have the purple hue as it's not a Netflix show. Netflix shows and Movies have the Red N on the show thumbnail. They are the only one available in HDR10 or DolbyVision.

DolbyVision is Dolby's proprietary version of HDR so it has nothing to do with audio, only video.

So the fact that some have the purple hue while other don't leads me to believe it is your Netflix settings.

Make sure your settings are set to H265 SDR or H264.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	443915

If you are using a Windows machine to play your stuff, check that you have HDR enabled (Win+Alt+B to toggle it on and off) and then you can download the H265 HDR stuff. If you cannot enable HDR because of non-compatible hardware, try playing the HDR stuff in a player that does tone mapping.

AFAIK, there are no players doing tone mapping for DoVi. Only HDR/HDR10.
              You nailed it, I had the H265 Dolby Vision enabled in the settings. Thanks jpp72.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I used an uninstaller program https://www.martau.com/, and then rebooted. Then I reinstalled the latest 6.1.8.2 and all is well with the world. Everything downloads correctly, as I knew it should.
                Thank you jpp72 for all your feedback. Fab should appreciate you more than they do. The customers appreciate you and respect you for sharing and letting the newbies know how it's done.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                X