6.1.8.1 Subtitles not remuxed into MP4 file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon 6.1.8.1 Subtitles not remuxed into MP4 file

Following advice in another thread, I deleted my C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab folder and the designated TEMP folder, rebooted and then reinstalled StreamFab 6.1.8.1 64-bit using the off-line installer. Also emptied my download queue. Unfortunately, subtitles are still not being remuxed into the final MP4 file. When downloading "Subtitle Only", The "Extract Original Format" option succeeds and produces a TTML file. When "Extract to SRT File" is selected, the download fails.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Extract to SRT File Fails.jpg
Views:	1537
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	443590
    [ATTACH]n443591[/ATTACH]

Just tried changing the download video format to MKV (MKVToolnix) and got the same result, no subtitles in the MKV file.

Comment

I still suspect it's a regional issue, or maybe the language people need for the subtitles.
      LOOK at those who had on and off issues with sound for months.
      In the USA, using English, subs come with no issue.

Not sure if the 'developers' will figure out what's going on.
      It's said no one reads logs, if true, then give support a try with your location and language so maybe they might figure it out, as well as a log.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9J9bfFHhRHOCRkyPtqQrPw.png Views:	0 Size:	1.9 KB ID:	443596

Click image for larger version  Name:	ibFKezIBTi6g2st-ipEtVQ.png Views:	0 Size:	2.6 KB ID:	443597
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
        Following advice in another thread, I deleted my C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab folder and the designated TEMP folder, rebooted and then reinstalled StreamFab 6.1.8.1 64-bit using the off-line installer. Also emptied my download queue. Unfortunately, subtitles are still not being remuxed into the final MP4 file.
        Who told you to delete the C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab folder? If you were following my instructions, you should have used a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of StreamFab including associated configuration files and registry entries. Merely deleting the StreamFab folder does none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Who told you to delete the C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab folder? If you were following my instructions, you should have used a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of StreamFab including associated configuration files and registry entries. Merely deleting the StreamFab folder does none of that.

I did. But i said do a full uninstall first.
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Who told you to...
            Geez! It wasn't an accusation. I'm simply describing the steps I took. I'm not interested in messing with a professional uninstaller.

I thought I attached the StreamFab.log to my first post, but it's showing now as "[ATTACH]n443591[/ATTACH]". Does that mean a mod grabbed the log file or it did not get properly uploaded as an attachment?

To summarize, I am able to download subtitles as TTML files using "Subtitle Only" and "Extract Original Format", which I can then manually convert to SRT format and mux into the MP4, but am not able to remux them or download in SRT format using StreamFab.

Comment

I tried some of the other streamers that I can access (i.e. the free ones) and got these results:

Tubi - subtitles muxed into MP4
              Crackle - subtitles downloaded as a separate SRT file
              Roku Channel - subtitles downloaded as separate SRT file (also has CC muxed into the video stream)
              The CW - subtitles downloaded as separate SRT file (also has CC muxed into the video stream)​

Comment

Following advice in another thread, I deleted my C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab folder and the designated TEMP folder, rebooted and then reinstalled StreamFab 6.1.8.1 64-bit using the off-line installer. Also emptied my download queue. Unfortunately, subtitles are still not being remuxed into the final MP4 file. When downloading "Subtitle Only", The "Extract Original Format" option succeeds and produces a TTML file. When "Extract to SRT File" is selected, the download fails.
                use revo unninstaler for it and install it again. deleting files isn't enough and windows unninstaler leave some stuff behind sometimes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Extract to SRT File Fails.jpg
Views:	1537
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	443590
                  [ATTACH]n443591[/ATTACH]
                  see this thread post #6 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...zon#post442263 if you still have version 6.1.7.7 see if you can get subtitles to extract to srt.

Comment

Geez! It wasn't an accusation. I'm simply describing the steps I took. I'm not interested in messing with a professional uninstaller.
                    It wasn't an accusation. I'm just trying to get the point across that unless you remove all configurations and settings used by the old screen recorder when going back to direct download, you stand a good chance of having many problems, such as with your subtitles. You need to use a "professional" uninstaller if you want to have a full clean install of the new 6.1.8.1 version. If you're not interested in that, I wish you luck.

Comment

Watching the outputTemp folder, where the program assembles the downloaded streams, one of the first temporary files that the program creates is "0." in the Sub_00 folder (subfolder of Period_00, which is a subfolder of a temporary folder under the temporary Amazon folder). This "0." file is the subtitles in TTML format. With "Extract Original Format" selected, during the remux stage it is copied to a file named st_00.ttml in the same temporary folder. Unfortunately, it is deleted with the rest of the temporary files instead of being moved to the permanent output folder (but if Subtitle Only is the download option, it is copied to the permanent output folder). So the program has no trouble extracting the subtitles from Amazon in TTML format. To remux them into the MP4 file, it needs to convert the TTML file to an SRT file. That's the step that fails. The "convert result subtitle" routine is invoked 3 times and fails each time. The error message says "transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed". With a zero-length or nonexistent SRT file, the RemuxMultiAudioSrtMetadataUtil call, which appears to be a wrapper around FFMPEG.EXE, is called without a subtitle input stream.

Code:
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Info]: convert result subtitle file d:%5CM%5C_IN%5CTEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_08_09_26_55_B0CH8X4FKG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt is exist? : 0, file size is 0
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed, retry
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Info]: convert result subtitle file d:%5CM%5C_IN%5CTEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_08_09_26_55_B0CH8X4FKG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt is exist? : 0, file size is 0
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed, retry
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Info]: Subtitle done.
                      2024:06:08-09:29:39 0x00003010 [Info]: [DownloadControlAmazon]" "remuxDownloadedFiles subtitle stream, langCode :eng, path :D:\\M\\_IN\\TEMP/outputTemp/Amazon/2024_06_08_09_26_55_B0CH8X4FKG/Period_00/Sub_00/st_00.srt, bForced :0​

Comment

To Jeff Davis

I had the same problem. Complete uninstall and reinstall fixed it.
                        Suggestion: Install 6.1.8.1 in a VM and run it as a trial. Then download one of the movies you tried before with subtitles. Also try Download Subtitles Only with SRT Subtitles. If it works, you know it's due to the installation in your main environment.​

Comment

While StreamFab was downloading I used the "0." file in the Sub_00 folder to create an st_00.srt file that I placed in the Sub_00 folder before the download completed. Despite the "transformXmlToSrtSubtitle failed" thrice, the final remuxed MP4 file included the subtitles. Now if only StreamFab would create the st_00.srt file.

Comment

Originally posted by dasauge View Post
                            I know. That's why I deleted the program folder and did a reinstall. I wanted to be sure it only contained stuff installed by the 6.1.8.1 installer. I searched through the registry and did not see anything that looked significant as far as how SF converts the TTML file to an SRT file. There is also the
                            C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab folder. I don't want to clear it as it would presumably wipe out all my settings and preferences. As for a VM, that's beyond my capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by dasauge View Post
                              I do have a laptop that had 6.1.6.7 on it. I went through Control Panel to run the StreamFab uninstall. It does delete the StreamFab program folder. I rebooted and installed 6.1.8.1 with the offline installer. It still does not remux subtitles into the MP4 when downloading from Amazon. The uninstaller displays a popup "Are you sure you want to remove StreamFab?" that has a checkbox "Remove the configuration​". I left it unchecked. Do you recall if you checked it or left it unchecked when you did your uninstall?

Comment

Working...
                              X