Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still getting 720p. Not sure what counts as OLD for the fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ Still getting 720p. Not sure what counts as OLD for the fix.

I saw there was a fix for "old" Disney+ videos to be downloaded in 1080p. But I'm not sure where the line for old is.

I tried downloading "The Santa Clauses". Season 1 came out at the end of 2022 and season 2 at the end of 2023. I got a message that 1080p may not be available and to which they were downloaded in 720p.

Also I tried Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (released early 2023). It too can only be downloaded at a max of 720p.

Below is my info and steps to create the problem:

StreamFab Version: v6.1.8.3
    Platform and OS: Win x64, Windows 8 Pro
    Region/Country: USA

Steps to reproduce the issue-
    1. Select the Disney+ streaming service.
    2. Click Search, type "santa"
    3. Selected "The Santa Clauses", which StreamFAB starts analyzing then, presents the screen for the show's download options. Which presents the message about not being able to download in 1080p.
    4. Selected one episode of each season
    5. Chose Download Now.

*I'm not sure why the log file was so large. I even tried to create a new one with the same steps but it was about the same size. So it needed to be compressed for upload.

Attached Files

i'm not sure but probably you are able to get in 1080p in titles with cached keys. So if you get 720p it's because SF can't decrypt that title. I said not sure, maybe they can update their database cached keys for us to be able to get more stuff in 1080p. and i think it's only like this for dsnp+ Wilson.Wang am i wrong?

Comment

The following example TV shows should allow you to differentiate and test this properly, as they are 'crossing the boundary' so to say .

- American Horror Story: Murder House: (seasons 1-10 should download in 1080p, while seasons 11-12 are downloadable only in 720p)
      - Godfather of Harlem (s1-s2 1080p, s3 720p)
      - Resident, The (s1-s4 1080p, s5 720p)
      - Only Murders in the Building (s1 1080p, s2-s3 720p)
      - Mayans M.C. (s1-s3 1080p, s4-s5 720p)​

It is also important for these from which episode you start the analysis. This is because not only the resolution will differ between the episodes but sometimes also the available languages for both audio and subtitles. To properly test for what exactly is available, you should:
      - play the wanted episode on a separate browser
      - just to make sure this gets registered, press the right arrow icon to skip to the next episode
      - immediately after that click the '<' icon in the top left corner to get back to episodes list.

After this procedure, switching to StreamFab and selecting the TV show the analysis will start wrt the episode you selected earlier.

Comment

I have the same db for the Disney cached keys posted on a website. Disney has always been 720p, and to my knowledge they always had an excellent bitrate on their 720p very good.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by ingen View Post
          I saw there was a fix for "old" Disney+ videos to be downloaded in 1080p. But I'm not sure where the line for old is.

I tried downloading "The Santa Clauses". Season 1 came out at the end of 2022 and season 2 at the end of 2023. I got a message that 1080p may not be available and to which they were downloaded in 720p.

Also I tried Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (released early 2023). It too can only be downloaded at a max of 720p.

Below is my info and steps to create the problem:

StreamFab Version: v6.1.8.3
          Platform and OS: Win x64, Windows 8 Pro
          Region/Country: USA

Steps to reproduce the issue-
          1. Select the Disney+ streaming service.
          2. Click Search, type "santa"
          3. Selected "The Santa Clauses", which StreamFAB starts analyzing then, presents the screen for the show's download options. Which presents the message about not being able to download in 1080p.
          4. Selected one episode of each season
          5. Chose Download Now.

*I'm not sure why the log file was so large. I even tried to create a new one with the same steps but it was about the same size. So it needed to be compressed for upload.

see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm
          under v6.1.2.5 New: Added support to download certain Disney+ videos in 1080p and H265.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm
            under v6.1.2.5 New: Added support to download certain Disney+ videos in 1080p and H265.
            you have to learn something, with this company "streamfab" you can't trust 100% in things they say, sometimes they hide things from us.
            Disney is one on them, you can get 1080p content, but not for all the stuff. it's 60/40 when you scan a movie or tv show, you never know if you will get 1080p or 720p. they don't say that in the info that you posted, but it's true. some stuff are 1080p other 720p, but most of the time will be 720p only.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
              I have the same db for the Disney cached keys posted on a website. Disney has always been 720p, and to my knowledge they always had an excellent bitrate on their 720p very good.
              is it possible to update it?

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

is it possible to update it?
                Not that I know of.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

well if the developers dont fix this, at least add a note like they did with sony movies fro NF. again, wrong information, they should be more honest

Comment

Originally posted by goncalo16 View Post

you have to learn something, with this company "streamfab" you can't trust 100% in things they say, sometimes they hide things from us.
                    Disney is one on them, you can get 1080p content, but not for all the stuff. it's 60/40 when you scan a movie or tv show, you never know if you will get 1080p or 720p. they don't say that in the info that you posted, but it's true. some stuff are 1080p other 720p, but most of the time will be 720p only.
                    First of all, Disney+ has been limited to 720p on browsers since 2022. This limitation was implemented by Disney. However, someone leaked some keys on a torrent site and Streamfab added them to its database. that's how we were able to get SOME old contents in 1080p. The selection is limited, and yeah, no way to know which will work. The competitor, when it was still around, was limited to 720p as well, no exceptions.

Comment

I've never seen FAB post what counts as "old" or a list of titles to expect in 1080p. BUT it appears to be titles added to Disney+ before a certain date can be possibly downloaded as 1080p. What is that date? I'm not sure. AND it does not appear to cover "Hulu on Disney+" titles.

The cut off seems to be in 2022 somewhere.

For example, Iron Man and most of the Marvel movies are downloadable at 1080p. But starting with Black Panther Wakanda Forever, it and the newer marvel movies are limited to 720p.

That being said, there are some classic titles available only as 480p/540p like Dinosaurs (TV show), School House Rock, The Story of the Animated Drawing, and some are limited to 720p like Walt & El Grupo and Disneyland Around the Seasons,

Comment

I appreciate the information you all shared. It gives me a better insight as to what is happening, albeit a little disappointing.

So unless theres specific text addressing this in a future update, I’ll take comfort knowing their 720p content has a good bit rate. At least its not one of the 480p/540p titles.

On a side note. I’ve run into shows, specifically anime related, on Hulu that are 480p/540p, which I’ve periodically check for improvement. Does anyone know if its the same thing that happens on Disney+? I’ve been meaning to do a post about it, but only if its helpful to improve SF and not a known issue.​

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post

First of all, Disney+ has been limited to 720p on browsers since 2022. This limitation was implemented by Disney. However, someone leaked some keys on a torrent site and Streamfab added them to its database. that's how we were able to get SOME old contents in 1080p. The selection is limited, and yeah, no way to know which will work. The competitor, when it was still around, was limited to 720p as well, no exceptions.
                          they could try to find a recent key database leak (not sure if it's leaked).. anyway, 720p on disney have good bitrates, but 1080p it's always better.

Comment

Working...
                          X