No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.9.0: WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows StreamFab v6.1.9.0: WTF?

I was happy never posting here again but i need to vent my frustration so i decided to login and post. I will then logout immediately after and disappear again...

#1: How does that new Open a Video URL button work?

You release something that is not intuitive at all and provide no explanation how to use it? Sometimes it says analyze so obviously it's clear what that does but i have no earthly idea how to use the Open Video URL

#2: Why the hell did you disable individual episode analysis for Hulu????

We used to be able to analyze individual episodes for Hulu and now we no longer can because you are doing that ridiculous "Browser Back" again!!! Please disable the automatic "Browser Back" after Show/Season analysis. Obviously, it makes sense to go back when playing media but not when nothing is playing.

#3: Hulu keeps complaining that 1080p is not available for shows that actually are available in 1080p.

For example, it says there is no 1080p for Shogun but re-installing 6.1.8.8 produces no such complaint. It does complain for the presidential address so there may have been a DRM change but older things should still download at 1080p.

#4: We are loving Individual Episode Analysis for Netflix but why the subtle change?

When clicking on a specific episode, StreamFab used to analyse it and then do a "Browser Back". It no longer does that. Put it back please. BUT ONLY FOR MEDIA BEING PLAYED. Do not do a browser back any other time.

#5: Why are you still refusing to disable "Browser Back" for Amazon Prime Video??

What exactly is there to think about??? It would make users' lives easier. Unless you don't want that? For example, i select the lowest bitrate out of 3 for a season. 1 Episode only has 2 bitrates so StreamFab downloads the highest bitrate instead of the logical choice, which is to download the 2nd bitrate. Now i have to go with a regular browser, copy the link, cancel the StreamFab clipboard prompt, paste the URL into a text editor, remove the autoplay option string, copy the link again, and click download at the clipboard prompt.

Please provide us with the reason why you refuse to do it so i can move on from this.

There's probably a bunch of other things you broke but i ain't got time to spend on this when nothing will be done about it. These are the things that are an absolute must for me so if those get fixed, i can tolerate all the other bullshit that comes with using this software.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

I can't say anything about Hulu ..
    .. but #4 also moved me not to take away the previous version

I don't really like the download counter given below either

But the changes in the Settings look tidier​

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      I was happy never posting here again but i need to vent my frustration so i decided to login and post. I will then logout immediately after and disappear again...

#1: How does that new Open a Video URL button work?

You release something that is not intuitive at all and provide no explanation how to use it? Sometimes it says analyze so obviously it's clear what that does but i have no earthly idea how to use the Open Video URL

#2: Why the hell did you disable individual episode analysis for Hulu????

We used to be able to analyze individual episodes for Hulu and now we no longer can because you are doing that ridiculous "Browser Back" again!!! Please disable the automatic "Browser Back" after Show/Season analysis. Obviously, it makes sense to go back when playing media but not when nothing is playing.

#3: Hulu keeps complaining that 1080p is not available for shows that actually are available in 1080p.

For example, it says there is no 1080p for Shogun but re-installing 6.1.8.8 produces no such complaint. It does complain for the presidential address so there may have been a DRM change but older things should still download at 1080p.

#4: We are loving Individual Episode Analysis for Netflix but why the subtle change?

When clicking on a specific episode, StreamFab used to analyse it and then do a "Browser Back". It no longer does that. Put it back please. BUT ONLY FOR MEDIA BEING PLAYED. Do not do a browser back any other time.

#5: Why are you still refusing to disable "Browser Back" for Amazon Prime Video??

What exactly is there to think about??? It would make users' lives easier. Unless you don't want that? For example, i select the lowest bitrate out of 3 for a season. 1 Episode only has 2 bitrates so StreamFab downloads the highest bitrate instead of the logical choice, which is to download the 2nd bitrate. Now i have to go with a regular browser, copy the link, cancel the StreamFab clipboard prompt, paste the URL into a text editor, remove the autoplay option string, copy the link again, and click download at the clipboard prompt.

Please provide us with the reason why you refuse to do it so i can move on from this.

There's probably a bunch of other things you broke but i ain't got time to spend on this when nothing will be done about it. These are the things that are an absolute must for me so if those get fixed, i can tolerate all the other bullshit that comes with using this software.
      You took the words out of my mouth Jack. I agree 100%.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I went back to 6.1.8.9
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

100% agreed
          Wilson.Wang pls take a look and forward it.

Comment

Please don't disappear again. It's ventings like these that really show how much you are needed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
              I don't really like the download counter given below either
              This is nonsense if the download counter covers the video player !
              I have 1mm to click for pause​:

Click image for larger version  Name:	itvx_player_covered.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	446875

EDIT: Just to be clear - the player is required
              because otherwise itvx free will not start the dl - info
              Last edited by Germania; 07-27-2024, 01:44 AM.

Comment

And somehow, 6.1.9.1 is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by travelar View Post
                  And somehow, 6.1.9.1 is even worse.
                  Nevermind. It was a me issue.

Comment

It's an end of week release. We should know better by now!

So --- did they put things back in 6191? The individual analysis is a must for me on Hulu!

So, you're saying the update note of New: Some improvements for the analysis process of Amazon/Netflix/Disney/Hulu/Max/U-NEXT/FANZA is FALSE?
                    Last edited by MrGrackle; 07-29-2024, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X