6.1.9.0 broke everything - 6.1.8.9.worked so well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows 6.1.9.0 broke everything - 6.1.8.9.worked so well

OMG, 6.1.8.9 was the best version ever. HBO was great except for one episode of House of the Dragon. Now, with 6.1.9.0, Hulu is 720p, and MAX is a total abortion. It analyzes for 10 minutes, and if you're lucky, it won't fail. etc, What a disappointment. Netflix fails 70% of the time. Please make it like it was. This is a total regression.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

i have 318 eror with NF, AMZN, DSNP and MAX. incredible, they release the program (no beta) and looks they don't test anything..

Comment

10 movies from Amazon and at least 5 movies from Netflix, no issues so far.

Maybe post a movie or show people have an issue with on Amazon as well as region?
      It could be a regional issue.
      US Amazon is working so far.

As for Netflix, I can't say what might be causing issues, maybe check the settings.
      I know many want H265, but I have never had much luck with Netflix using H265, so I use H264.

I don't have any access to Hulu, HBO or Max.
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Amazon in Canada works for me at 1080 with 6.1.9.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          OMG, 6.1.8.9 was the best version ever. HBO was great except for one episode of House of the Dragon. Now, with 6.1.9.0, Hulu is 720p, and MAX is a total abortion. It analyzes for 10 minutes, and if you're lucky, it won't fail. etc, What a disappointment. Netflix fails 70% of the time. Please make it like it was. This is a total regression.
          Did you do a professional uninstall/full clean install? When they make changes to the Settings as they did in "90", that is when it is most important to do a clean install because configuration files have probably been modified. Data doesn't line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Did you do a professional uninstall/full clean install? When they make changes to the Settings as they did in "90", that is when it is most important to do a clean install because configuration files have probably been modified. Data doesn't line up.
            How do we totally professional unistall/clean install

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

While you're probably right, why do we treat this as a non-issue?

This is ridiculous, in almost every single forum topic / bug report there is this 'professional uninstaller' stuff mentioned.

This is a SERIOUS BUG - well... probably more than just one. Wilson.Wang Please treat us seriously and fix this, so that we can update SF like every other software - that is, without thinking about it!

Comment

My 6190 downloaded the first episode of a litte series on netflix, the seecond is always "failed"......

Comment

Originally posted by ms-dfav View Post
                  While you're probably right, why do we treat this as a non-issue?

This is ridiculous, in almost every single forum topic / bug report there is this 'professional uninstaller' stuff mentioned.

This is a SERIOUS BUG - well... probably more than just one. Wilson.Wang Please treat us seriously and fix this, so that we can update SF like every other software - that is, without thinking about it!
                  It's being talked about everywhere because it's an important issue. It prevents a lot of problems. You can do it this way and have less trouble, or you can keep using the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwingken View Post

using this for example, it's revo uninstaller portable v5.3.0, really good.

password: 123

or

password: taiwebs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                      It's being talked about everywhere because it's an important issue. It prevents a lot of problems. You can do it this way and have less trouble, or you can keep using the updater.
                      I'm talking about it exactly because it is an important issue. Read again.

Comment

I can also recommend Bulk Crap Uninstaller which is freeware.

Always keep the previous install files in case you have problems with the latest version.
                        Do a disk backup before installing a newer version so if need be you can restore you backup and be back to where you were.
                        And as often recommended, do a professional uninstall when updating first in the hope the update is more likely to be pain free.

Should we have to do these things? Hell no but this company does not give a shit about giving problem free updates so you can either take steps to make life easier on yourself or do it the hard way and live with the annoyance and regret. I know what I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by ms-dfav View Post
                          I'm talking about it exactly because it is an important issue. Read again.
                          I noted your point about Wilson. Streamfab will probably never change anything about the updater. The problem is that Streamfab is not just one piece of software; it is several programs integrated into Streamfab. This makes things even more complex. The best and easiest solution is to do a clean reinstall with each release. If there are fixes in a release that don't affect you, you can skip a release - that's what I do. Most of the time I use a release for 2-3 weeks unless something important appears in the release notes

Comment

Originally posted by nightwingken View Post

I've posted this or an equivalent many times here -

How to do a clean install of the latest StreamFab

1. Totally delete the contents of your StreamFab Log & Temp directories. Please refer to your StreamFab Settings as to where you have told SF where to save them.

2. Use a "professional" uninstall program to completely remove the old version of StreamFab.
                            Make sure the uninstaller removes Registry entries for StreamFab as well as the program.
                            Do not use the built-in Windows uninstaller as it tends to leave stuff behind.
                            A good source for currently available free uninstallers is at https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 or simply Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs. Some commonly used uninstallers are Revo, Ashampoo, and Total Uninstaller. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
                            Important: Be sure to choose to remove StreamFab's current configuration when asked.

3. Download the latest offline version of StreamFab from the "Sticky" announcement at the top of the forum. Otherwise just download directly from...
                            32bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...reamFab_Online
                            64bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
                            Never use the online pop-up installer as it sometimes produces bad installs.

4. Install the new version of StreamFab.
                            If the uninstall program you used has a Install component to it, use that to install StreamFab.
                            Using the Install component will keep a complete log of everything added and make a future uninstall easier the next time. When the install is done, start up your new version of SF. A pop-up will appear asking you to re-authorize your StreamFab, do that by giving your email/password. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
                            Then go up to the upper right of StreamFab's display and click the Settings icon and set up your StreamFab configuration to your liking. After setting up your configuration and saving, it is best to close StreamFab and then restart it.
                            Do a clean install everytime a new StreamFab version comes out and you will have fewer problems.

Comment

Hi Bud
                              Your 64-bit link is wrong. But the whole post is great. Thanks for the precise instructions. In my opinion, this should never have to be done. This is a part of this program that Fab has to fix. No company should have an installer, and the customer has to follow an instructional thread to install their software. This must be fixed.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X