Updates for Mac Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Mac Updates for Mac Needed

seems like we are always way behind Windows updates. Right now having issues with Netflix, Paramount +, Hulu. seems like when they finally get a release out for Mac only works for a few days before an update is needed somewhere. As for windows has had the update a few weeks already.

right? And on top of that.. you cannot use the Mac license on Windows via an emulator.. Wilson.Wang - the DVD Fab staff need to stop treating StreamFab users like second class citizens.. either maintain updates with the same frequency as Windows users OR allow Mac users to use their license ON the windows version as well..

Comment

The other BIG issue I'm having is the enormous amount of "free Space" needed for the Temp directory... I have 272 GB available!! How is that not enough to download files less than 2 GB?

I've restarted, reinstalled the app, deleted the Temp folder, restarted the Mac... Normally it seems to need about 100 GB of free space for me, but not being able to function with anything more than 50 GB is just a problem.

Comment

I have to agree being that I have ability to put on 5 computer being that I bought the full Mac Version I wish I would be able to use on Mac or Windows really would have been nice since I am not going to buy this twice at that price. as for the space issues not going to complain too much could always add second hard drive for that issue.

Comment

being that they are not putting all the Mac posts on a different spot that the original Forums really is starting to make us Mac users more of an after thought that part of the main group anymore.

Comment

New Mac version released today (I only noticed by visiting the "other" SF forum...)

Comment

I'm really starting to regret my StreamFab for Mac purchase, and tempted to demand my money back. These days most of my download attempts fail at "Analyzing," if I can even get that far. That is not worth $300 to me.

Comment

Mac users get a very poor deal.

We pay the same price but get 43 services rather than 49 and it frequently takes weeks extra between updates.

Currently netflix is broken, my mac version is 6.1.9.8 - I was promised it would be updated that week (24th September), it wasn't and then they all went on holiday for a week.

I got a response on the 8th October when they got back from their jollies, I was asking about the update:
                Hello, not yet, please kindly wait, thanks.

The Windows version is 6.2.0.0 and dated 26th September.

At the bottom of the app page it states '50+ updates per year'. Maybe for Windows, but for Mac users we will be lucky to hit double figures!!

It's very expensive, the fact that you can't have one of your licenses be for Windows in a VM is just ridiculous, that would at least help. No Mac user is going to spend yet another £200 - £300 just to be able to use it in a VM - and only while we wait for them to honour us with an update that has been out for Windows for some time.

For me support's response is usually one of these:
                1. wait for the next release (can be weeks).
                2. delete a couple of folders and try again (seldom, if ever, works).
                3. fully uninstall and re-install (never helped).
                4. subscribe and pay us a lot of money on a regular basis then you can use the windows version until (if) we can be bothered to update the Mac version.
                5. similar to the last one, buy the windows version. At least that would just be a one off cost, but a very high one.

It is great software, when it works, which for Mac users is becoming less and less often. I couldn't recommend it at all. There is no way I would contemplate a subscription, they are way too expensive in the long run which is why companies push them. It also becomes all too easy to lose track of what your monthly costs are and if I subscribed to everything that is foisted on me it would be costing me a small fortune. For me, if it is a subscription then I look elsewhere and don’t even consider it. That’s why I bought the lifetime option. I can budget for that.

There is an option to buy 3 extra licenses, but unfortunately that is for the same version i.e. Macintosh. If they made one simple change and gave me the option to buy a 3-computer license for EITHER Mac or Windows at $29.99 then I would do it and be very happy. What is the problem there? No one who has just spent hundreds of pounds on one version would then spend hundreds of pounds on the other, BUT, there are quite a few people who would spend $30 to be able to use it on an alternate platform, that would benefit StreamFab with the reduction in support tickets from Mac users moaning about updates and also generate a decent revenue without actually costing them anything.

I am on an intel iMac which is stuck on Monterey so presumably at some point I will lose even the current poor level of updates.

Maybe my best solution would be to transfer my licenses to Windows and buy a cheap windows laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLeedsUK View Post
                  Mac users get a very poor deal.

We pay the same price but get 43 services rather than 49 and it frequently takes weeks extra between updates.

Currently netflix is broken, my mac version is 6.1.9.8 - I was promised it would be updated that week (24th September), it wasn't and then they all went on holiday for a week.

I got a response on the 8th October when they got back from their jollies, I was asking about the update:
                  Hello, not yet, please kindly wait, thanks.

The Windows version is 6.2.0.0 and dated 26th September.

At the bottom of the app page it states '50+ updates per year'. Maybe for Windows, but for Mac users we will be lucky to hit double figures!!

It's very expensive, the fact that you can't have one of your licenses be for Windows in a VM is just ridiculous, that would at least help. No Mac user is going to spend yet another £200 - £300 just to be able to use it in a VM - and only while we wait for them to honour us with an update that has been out for Windows for some time.

For me support's response is usually one of these:
                  1. wait for the next release (can be weeks).
                  2. delete a couple of folders and try again (seldom, if ever, works).
                  3. fully uninstall and re-install (never helped).
                  4. subscribe and pay us a lot of money on a regular basis then you can use the windows version until (if) we can be bothered to update the Mac version.
                  5. similar to the last one, buy the windows version. At least that would just be a one off cost, but a very high one.

It is great software, when it works, which for Mac users is becoming less and less often. I couldn't recommend it at all. There is no way I would contemplate a subscription, they are way too expensive in the long run which is why companies push them. It also becomes all too easy to lose track of what your monthly costs are and if I subscribed to everything that is foisted on me it would be costing me a small fortune. For me, if it is a subscription then I look elsewhere and don’t even consider it. That’s why I bought the lifetime option. I can budget for that.

There is an option to buy 3 extra licenses, but unfortunately that is for the same version i.e. Macintosh. If they made one simple change and gave me the option to buy a 3-computer license for EITHER Mac or Windows at $29.99 then I would do it and be very happy. What is the problem there? No one who has just spent hundreds of pounds on one version would then spend hundreds of pounds on the other, BUT, there are quite a few people who would spend $30 to be able to use it on an alternate platform, that would benefit StreamFab with the reduction in support tickets from Mac users moaning about updates and also generate a decent revenue without actually costing them anything.

I am on an intel iMac which is stuck on Monterey so presumably at some point I will lose even the current poor level of updates.

Maybe my best solution would be to transfer my licenses to Windows and buy a cheap windows laptop.
                  I am on SF 6198 on an M1 MacBook Pro with Sequioa 15.0.1.

I can download from Amazon, C4 and Netflix. C4 can be a problem, but I usually just need to restart. SF. Netflix, of course, has its own fun and games. I find that, generally, if I first save the item to my list and download from there it works. For Amazon, I vary where I click to begin the download (title, picture or play). Maybe that will help you a little.

DO NOT GO BACK TO WINDOZE!

Comment

You seem to have slightly missed the point.

The Mac version is weeks behind the windows version, it also has less functionality. Yet we pay the same price.

I am glad they all work for you but for me Netflix fails every time. If I try to play netflix within SF I get a 'Pardon ...' error. Yet if I use Cleverget then it works quite happily without any problems.
                    SF's response - "wait for the next update". That's fine except I have been waiting for WEEKS and yet the Windows version has had at least 2 updates in the interim.

As a Mac user I paid the same price for my software and yet I am getting shafted, no useful support, no updates, no way to utilise the Windows version while I wait for them to update the Mac version.

Like I said, there IS a simple solution, let me use ONE of my licenses for Windows (in a VM in my case). I would even pay the $29.99 to buy the 3-computer license, BUT they would have to change it to allow me to choose if the 3 new licenses are for Mac OR Windows. How is that not a great solution for everyone. It solves the immediacy problem, it gives them more money, it costs them NOTHING and it stops us Mac users feeling like second class citizens.

Comment

16th October, Windows 6.2.0.1 just released.

still no new mac version.

Comment

Just as an aside, since version 6175 (my first), there have been 9 Mac versions, there have been at least 23 Windows versions!

Mac releases:
                        1. 6175 11/05/2024
                        2. 6178 24/05/2024
                        3. 6183 21/06/2024
                        4. 6185 05/07/2024
                        5. 6188 19/07/2024
                        6. 6191 05/08/2024
                        7. 6193 16/08/2024
                        8. 6195 30/08/2024
                        9. 6198 21/09/2024​

Windows releases:
                        1. 6175 26/04/2024