No announcement yet.

Test before purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with EddyB. In Version 3.2.0.3, forced subtitles are missing. It does not matter whether I remux to video or create separate SRT file. Forced subtitles were definitely there in 3.2.0.2.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
      I can't upload any more screenshots due to some quota.

I just downloaded "Bright" from Nexflix to test forced subtitles.
      I selected forced subtitles only.

Once I started to play the movie I had the option of selecting English subtitles or Forced subtitles.
      It seems that even if you select forced subtitles only, it downloads the entire subtitle file but gives your player the option of playing both.
      From the file you provided, there are two subtitles that are different, their sizes are not the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ20210520105200.png
Views:	171
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	395299

Comment

Originally posted by EddyB View Post
        It appears you didn't read my original problem. When a show has both English CC and forced English subtitles you don't get both external .srt files. In previous versions you would need to run twice. If you check English CC you would get the English CC .srt file. Process again without checking English CC and you get an external .srt with the forced English subtitles.I see where it might have been fixed in 3202 but then saw where it is broken again in 3203. All I'm really asking for is someone to tell me that it works and is stable. I just don't have the time to test every release being done. I have a product that does netfix perfectly. I was hoping to use it for the other capabilities Netfix would just be a bonus if it worked correctly

We test the video using the latest version 3.2.0.3, and when choosing English CC and the Forced one, there are two srt files.
        Please zip the whole log files and send it to us for checking your issue, thank you.

Name:	QQ20210520110645.png
Views:	182
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	395301

Comment

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post
          I have been using the Downloader for a few months now for both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have also experienced some quirks when it comes to subtitles. Sometimes I get subtitles and sometimes I don't. I have tried both "Remux to Video" and "Extract to SRT file". This morning I downloaded two foreign videos from Netflix in one operation. On the first video, I got the SRT, on the 2nd I didn't. I then waited a few minutes and retried the 2nd one. This time I got the SRT. If you choose to "Remux to Video", the only way I know to check it is via VLC Media Player. Again, sometimes the Subtitles are there and sometimes they aren't. If present, I have to use their Video Converter to convert MP4 to MKV If I wish to see the subtitles when viewing on HDTV via my OPPO. But even there I found an issue with SRT which I reported, where any video after the final subtitle is cut off. Like lengthy credits at the end of a movie. The staff is aware of these problems and I am sure they are being worked on. It just takes time. Give them a chance. They have come through with fixes in the past.
          Yes it Does work. I have downloaded the entirety of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. This has many episodes with forced subs. You won't get a forced file if an episode does not have forced subs, but you should get the CC file if you check CC.. 3.2.0.3 they changed the naming structure so that CC is named .eng.srt and forced is .eng.forced.srt.

It is also possible to do both forced and cc at the same time. No need to run the download twice. Well since they redid the netflix downloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

From the file you provided, there are two subtitles that are different, their sizes are not the same.

Name:	QQ20210520105200.png
Views:	171
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	395299
            Hello Mona,
            The file Bright.eng.Forced.srt was the file that downloaded when I selected forced subtitles ONLY.
            The Bright.eng.srt file was the result when I chose English AND forced subtitles. It downloaded one subtitle file and when I played the movie my player gave me 2 subtitle options, English or Forced. It did not download 2 separate subtitle files. I was trying to confirm another persons issue. I am not sure if they were supposed to download as 2 files or just one.

What is weird is the fact that my player gives me 2 options of subtitles.

Comment

Working...
            X