Hulu "Suddenly" Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu "Suddenly" Not Working?

Over the last few days I've been having difficulty geting titles from Hulu. This evening I performed the following steps:

1) Cleared the StreamFab logs
    2) Cleared all cookies and did a general system cleanup (CCleaner, Glary Utilities, and Advanced SystemCare)
    3) Rebooted
    4) Opened StreamFab
    5) Selected Hulu
    6) Logged into Hulu account
    7) Selected the person watching
    8) Clicked on a TV Series and this message appeared:

Analyzing Season Information... 0 Left

I clicked on Cancel to remove that message after about a minute of it not doing anything.

9) Clicked on a movie title and got this message:

Failure analyzing this video, please make sure you can access and play back the video.

I clicked on OK to make that message disappear.

10) Went back to the StreamFab main window, went to the log folder and copied the two logs usually needed for troubleshooting (attached).

I had also attached the screenshots but there is a limit of 2 attachments, so...
    Attached Files

Sorry that you are having such a problem, I have passed your report and the log files to the developer.

Comment

I am having a similar problem. Whenever I try to download from HULU, whether it be a straight download, or a queue, Streamfab starts parsing and then the browser window shuts down, leaving me with the main menu window with the streaming services. Some of the other media services download well, it's just HULU giving me the problem
      Attached Files

Comment

Similar problem. I clicked Only Murders in the Building and just stuck on "Analyzing Season Information... 0 Left" Although after clicking cancel, I did not get any other messages.
        Next I clicked on another series (Taxi) and I get "Failure analyzing this video, please make sure you can access and play back the video."

If I click on the movie Skyfall, it works normally, prompting me for audio and subs, and I can add to queue and download.

See attached log

Attached Files

Comment

Reports received, we will check.

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
            Over the last few days I've been having difficulty geting titles from Hulu. This evening I performed the following steps:

1) Cleared the StreamFab logs
            2) Cleared all cookies and did a general system cleanup (CCleaner, Glary Utilities, and Advanced SystemCare)
            3) Rebooted
            4) Opened StreamFab
            5) Selected Hulu
            6) Logged into Hulu account
            7) Selected the person watching
            8) Clicked on a TV Series and this message appeared:

Analyzing Season Information... 0 Left

I clicked on Cancel to remove that message after about a minute of it not doing anything.

9) Clicked on a movie title and got this message:

Failure analyzing this video, please make sure you can access and play back the video.

I clicked on OK to make that message disappear.

10) Went back to the StreamFab main window, went to the log folder and copied the two logs usually needed for troubleshooting (attached).

I had also attached the screenshots but there is a limit of 2 attachments, so...
            3696 2021:10:18-21:23:57 Info: PlayBackUrl Return fail Data = {"code":403,"message":"Unable to authenticate user","request_id":"39aec94b-8aed-473a-9dd8-04760fa9e24c","debug_info":"content/v5/deeplink/playback?namespace\u003dentity\u0026id\u003de8fef5 50-141e-485d-a211-aa6dcfdffcce\u0026namespace\u003dentity\u0026schem a\u003d1"}

Please log out your Hulu account and then re-log in to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

3696 2021:10:18-21:23:57 Info: PlayBackUrl Return fail Data = {"code":403,"message":"Unable to authenticate user","request_id":"39aec94b-8aed-473a-9dd8-04760fa9e24c","debug_info":"content/v5/deeplink/playback?namespace\u003dentity\u0026id\u003de8fef5 50-141e-485d-a211-aa6dcfdffcce\u0026namespace\u003dentity\u0026schem a\u003d1"}

Please log out your Hulu account and then re-log in to try again.

Tried that, but got the same problem with trying to get a TV series (analyzing season information, 0 left).

When I tried a movie, I didn't get an error message, but StreamFab got "stuck" on "Analyzing Video URL".

I then followed the steps I took earlier (1-2) and then deleted everything from the StreamFab/Temp directory, and uninstalled and reinstalled StreamFab (using latest version).

I received the same errors as originally reported. Attached are new logs.

Attached Files

Comment

To add to previous:

The issue with downloading movies isn't happening to "all" movies, and there is a possible temporary workaround.

I'm getting the error (or sometime having it get stuck on analyzing the title) when doing a search. The steps I followed to replicate the error:

1) Log into StreamFab
                2) Click Hulu
                3) Log into Hulu
                4) Choose person watching (if applicable)
                5) Click the magnifying glass (search)
                6) Start typing the title, but when the desired title comes up, stop typing
                7) Click on the title

Usually at that point the error will occur.

But, if you start typing the title, wait for it to show up, then hit ENTER, you'll be brought to a different screen, where it should appear in the "Top Results" section. I have found that if you click on it there, there's a 50/50 chance it will work.

You may also see it in the next section under "Movies"; if it appears there, I seem to have a better chance at getting it.

I have not had this same luck with TV shows.

It "looks" to me like StreamFab isn't properly handling the transition of screens (on Hulu) from the time a title is selected to the time it either fails or gives you the next step to download. I don't know if putting in a delay of a second or two would help this matter, just to give Hulu a chance to bring the information up before StreamFab moves on to the next step.

Comment

Another follow-up regarding TV shows (on Hulu):

A temporary workaround (at least for the one I tried) was to clear the error message, then start playing the episode that comes up (whatever it is). StreamFab then seems to kick in and analyze it properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X