Some StreamFab 5 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some StreamFab 5 questions

After reading the initial post about StreamFab 5 becoming available, I must say that I like where this app is headed, although I have a few questions that have come to mind...

1. Will the install of StreamFab 5 overwrite StreamFab 4.x? Or can we leave StreamFab 4 installed while we evaluate StreamFab 5?
    -- my guess is that it will replace 4, but want to confirm before I try.

In light of the license changes from last March:

2. Is StreamFab 5 going to be a free upgrade for StreamFab4 users?
    -- my hope is yes, based on the DRM Downloader 3 to StreamFab 4 change, but I have to ask!

3. Will those who purchased before the change in March still have the same terms and conditions (future non-adult service still included free)?

NEW or upcoming features:

4. It mentions "Download streaming videos from multiple services concurrently." Will that impact the daily download limits? Will it still be per service, or will that change?

5. It mentions "Automatically download new TV episodes from subscribed streaming services." in following updates. Am I reading this correctly to mean that I can tag series in Hulu, HBOMax, etc. and have StreamFab 5 AUTOMATICALLY download any new episodes as they become available? IF SO, I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!
    Last edited by KidJoe; 10-22-2021, 02:50 PM.

1. Since of the streaming services can update the website and make StreamFab not download the video correctly. So, StreamFab 5 will overwrite install the old version.

But for now, you can install to another new folder manually when installing the new version if you want to help to improve StreamFab 5 and also want to compare with StreamFab 4.

2. All of the users can free upgrade to the new StreamFab 5.

3. Yes, the paid users of the old DRM Video Downloader before March still can free get the non-adult video streaming services.

4. It’s limited by per streaming services, so you can download Netflix and Amazon at same time. but for the best downloading process, it will be limited to 3~5 services at same time, maybe better to add a setting for this, so we can set it ourselves according the network connection speed.

5. Yes, you are correct

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-22-2021, 04:12 PM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      1. Since of the streaming services can update the website and make StreamFab not download the video correctly. So, StreamFab 5 will overwrite install the old version.

But for now, you can install to another new folder manually when installing the new version if you want to help to improve StreamFab 5 and also want to compare with StreamFab 4.

3. Yes, the paid users of the old DRM Video Downloader before March still can free get the non-adult video streaming services.

4. It’s limited by per streaming services, so you can download Netflix and Amazon at same time. but for the best downloading process, it will be limited to 3~5 services at same time, maybe better to add a setting for this, so we can set it ourselves according the network connection speed.

5. Yes, you are correct

Wilson
      This sounds Fantastic, I can't wait to try it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

5. Yes, you are correct

Wilson
        THANK YOU SO MUCH for confirming! I appreciate it.

This is amazing!

As for your response to #4... Yes, having something we could set ourselves would be great. When I had 300mbps I might not want to have more than 1 or 2 downloads concurrently, but with 1mbps I might want 3 or 4.
        Last edited by KidJoe; 10-22-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X