Can't Login to HBO Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Login to HBO Max

After upgrading to 5.0.0.2, the HBOMax login panel appears but after entering username/password and clicking the "sign in" button, nothing happens. The sign in window stays on the screen but never logs in.

While using an actual username and password I setup on HBOMax I also have experienced the issue the OP mentions. However selecting the sign in through provider option does successfully sign in. So this could be used as a workaround till the developers fix this issue.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

I am glad that worked for you. I don't have a provider to sign in through and didn't see any option to use my login credentials from hbomax. Did you do something to use the credentials or did you get hbomax because you signed up through a provider?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddlywolf View Post
        I am glad that worked for you. I don't have a provider to sign in through and didn't see any option to use my login credentials from hbomax. Did you do something to use the credentials or did you get hbomax because you signed up through a provider?
        I get HBOMax from AT&T as part of my wireless package. After I logged in to HBOMax for the first time the site gave me the option of adding a password to the my account thus completing the creation of an actual HBOMax account. So dont need to use AT&T anymore. Can log in directly as if I'm a subscriber on the service. The credentials is what you enter on the streamfab sign in screen. Which you said isnt working. The provider option is just below that button on that screen.
        Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Thanks, thought that was the case. Since I didn't get mine through a provider, the provider option isn't a workaround for me.

Comment

I found a work-around.

It appears HMax is limiting the amount of browsers logged into the account. I tried deleting the browser logins individually but that didn't take. I went into the profile and used the MASS logout option and waited 4+ hours. Now I can log in again, but what a pain.

But why did it start with 5.0.0.2? I have no idea.

Apparently even though HMax would kill the connection, it was still keeping the browser logged in.

Since my TV provider is YTTV, I can't log in that way as I get the error that the "browser is not secure". This also means I cannot log in to YT to obtain my channels and other things.

I intend to log out every time from now on to try to alleviate this issue although I'm wondering why it happened in the first place. If the session expired, why did it continue to show the browser logged in when viewing the devices connected in the account settings>.

Note that if you use the option to shut down the program or PC when complete, it will not log out.

Hope this helps others.

Comment

Working...
            X