MAC 5.0.1.6 Application Requires Force Quit and then Reboot to reopen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC 5.0.1.6 Application Requires Force Quit and then Reboot to reopen

This problem has existed in at least the last 3 releases for Mac. You can launch program, download across different providers. Then when you go to exit program - the application hangs and requires force quit. After force quitting, if you try and relaunch program it won't relaunch until after you have rebooted your Mac. Highly unusual behaviour - have not come across circumstances on a Mac before that requires rebooting because of an application. Running Macos Monterey 12.1

Logs have been supplied previously - but i think the Mac crash logs would be better for fixing.

Significant issue that needs to be fixed.

Were there any downloads still going on when you went to exit the program?
    To where did you send the log file? Please provide the log folder and the Mac crash logs as well. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Were there any downloads still going on when you went to exit the program?
      To where did you send the log file? Please provide the log folder and the Mac crash logs as well. Thank you.
      Hi Mona,

The application hangs after the downloading has completed. If you download from paramount for example, and maybe another service, say Hulu, when they are complete. You can't launch another service it just spawns a blank browser page in the app. You then go to quit and it doesnt quit - requiring force quit to exit. Once that occurs you cant relaunch until reboot.

I have provided the logs to you via email for the 5.0.1.4 problem where the problem begun.
      I will email the log from the latest 5.0.1.6 version.

Comment

Working...
      X