Weird HBO Max logon issue, happens when you choose "profile"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird HBO Max logon issue, happens when you choose "profile"

I'm on StreamFab 5.0.1.9 x64 Windows, US, Windows 10 (all current updates)

When I went to logon to StreamFab HBO Max I could not and got an error message.

I can logon to HBO Max without issues in Chrome & Firefox (both with latest updates)

I only had one profile (M) for Mike prior to trying to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Launched StreamFab
    2. Went to VIP services
    3. Clicked HBO Max
    4. Picked Profile M, the only one I had setup when I first got the error
    5. Got message "Opps Something Went Wrong, try refreshing the page or navigating to another page and coming back"
    6. Tried refreshing & also going to another page and coming back, still got message
    7. Cleared history of StreamFab & shut application
    8. Relaunched StreamFab and when I choose HBO Max it automatically displays my profile of M (which is what it did before when it was working).
    9. Clicked M profile & get error message "We are having trouble switching profiles please try again" - that was the *only* profile.
    10. Just to test I set up another new profile named "Hercules" (after my dogs name) - it also got this "We are having trouble switching profiles please try again"
    11. I then set up a child logon (Made it unlocked/no Pin required) and it can logon to StreamFab & download??!!!
    12. I logged out of HBO Max from the Child Login profile & tried the other two and they still get the message.

I uninstalled StreamFab (and told it not to save my settings) and installed 5.0.1.7 (didn't have 5.0.1.8 downloaded)
    Same problem

I always thought it was weird that StreamFab does not log you out of the account for HBO Max when you choose logoff but rather takes you to the profile prompt. Then when I used StreamFab again and choose HBO Max it automatically opened to the profile prompt & didn't require email/password for logon.

HBO Max in Chrome & Firefox does not take you back to the profile prompt, but logs you completely out of HBO Max & you have to logon again.

Is this how it works for other people?

There is something wacky happening with StreamFab/HBO Max logon.

Are there other files or something I should delete even if I fully unistall StreamFab & try to reinstall (cache/etc..)

Thanks for any help!

Right now I can logon to HBO Max only with a Child account that's unlocked.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 02-12-2022, 02:12 AM.

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
    I'm on StreamFab 5.0.1.9 x64 Windows, US, Windows 10 (all current updates)

When I went to logon to StreamFab HBO Max I could not and got an error message.

I can logon to HBO Max without issues in Chrome & Firefox (both with latest updates)

I only had one profile (M) for Mike prior to trying to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Launched StreamFab
    2. Went to VIP services
    3. Clicked HBO Max
    4. Picked Profile M, the only one I had setup when I first got the error
    5. Got message "Opps Something Went Wrong, try refreshing the page or navigating to another page and coming back"
    6. Tried refreshing & also going to another page and coming back, still got message
    7. Cleared history of StreamFab & shut application
    8. Relaunched StreamFab and when I choose HBO Max it automatically displays my profile of M (which is what it did before when it was working).
    9. Clicked M profile & get error message "We are having trouble switching profiles please try again" - that was the *only* profile.
    10. Just to test I set up another new profile named "Hercules" (after my dogs name) - it also got this "We are having trouble switching profiles please try again"
    11. I then set up a child logon (Made it unlocked/no Pin required) and it can logon to StreamFab & download??!!!
    12. I logged out of HBO Max from the Child Login profile & tried the other two and they still get the message.

I uninstalled StreamFab (and told it not to save my settings) and installed 5.0.1.7 (didn't have 5.0.1.8 downloaded)
    Same problem

I always thought it was weird that StreamFab does not log you out of the account for HBO Max when you choose logoff but rather takes you to the profile prompt. Then when I used StreamFab again and choose HBO Max it automatically opened to the profile prompt & didn't require email/password for logon.

HBO Max in Chrome & Firefox does not take you back to the profile prompt, but logs you completely out of HBO Max & you have to logon again.

Is this how it works for other people?

There is something wacky happening with StreamFab/HBO Max logon.

Are there other files or something I should delete even if I fully unistall StreamFab & try to reinstall (cache/etc..)

Thanks for any help!

Right now I can logon to HBO Max only with a Child account that's unlocked.
    are you using a vpn ??
    might also try rebooting your computer and then see if you still have issues switching profiles.
    Last edited by october262; 02-12-2022, 04:00 AM.

Comment

No VPN, Tried Rebooting, but I figured out how to fix it.

I spent some time searching this forum again with different search strings.

Originally tried searching "HBO Max" get error from search saying "Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again."
      Tried searching with "HBO Max Logon" and various other strings, didn't find any posts.
      Just tried searching for "HBOMax" string & bingo, found this post where Mona said delete the cache & try again in response to that error.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-error-hbo-max

Mona said:

Please exit the program, delete this cache folder to try again:
      C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\temp\cache

I couldn't find a cache file under that path for a user, so I went to StreamFab and looked at the path to pull up the log file.

This PC>Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log

Went to This PC>Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\Cache and deleted all the files in the Cache folder, logged back in and it's working fine now.

It's wierd that whatever was in the StreamFab cache prevents new normal profiles from logging in, but will let you logon if you set up a child/unlocked profile... ? :-)

Last edited by Mike_M; 02-12-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X