Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to "use -video-password option" in StreamFab to download password protected video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to "use -video-password option" in StreamFab to download password protected video

I get a "Sorry, video analysis failed!" error after navigating to a password protected Vimeo video for which I have entered the password and the video is playing. The reason given for the error is "[vimeo] 700587930: This video is protected by a password, use the -video-password option" - I have attached a screenshot showing the error.

I can't find any information in the forums or the online documentation on how to "use the -video-password option" - can anyone explain how to do this?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	StreamFab_password_protected_Vimeo_error.png
Views:	1715
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	410105
    Attached Files

If you close it and then reopen, can the video play well?
    Please close the software and then try again, if still get the same problem, please provide the log file, we will check it.

Comment

I will check again but I don't think closing and reopening did anything. If it still has the problem, I will upload the log file.

Comment

Originally posted by roblee View Post
        I will check again but I don't think closing and reopening did anything. If it still has the problem, I will upload the log file.
        try downloading this test vimeo video - https://player.vimeo.com/video/412573977?h=f7f2d6fcb7
        the password is butter. play the video in you normal web browser copy the link, start streamfab and paste
        the URL where it says paste URL in the streamfab home page.
        Last edited by october262; 06-01-2022, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Apparently (I've been convinced by member JPP72 here) SF uses either Youtube-dl, yt-dlp or some variation in its processing. This is a known issue with Vimeo private videos and youtube-dl/yt-dlp. The error message gives the answer to the problem. You can't fix it yourself though. The developer needs to add the "--video-password (password)" argument to the command line of youtube-dl/yt-dlp. Of course they'd have to obtain the private video password first from the user, probably by way of a pop-up. See Authentication Options section of https://www.mankier.com/1/yt-dlp or Google "--video-password".

Comment

If you use yt-dlp or similar, try login with your browser, and att this command to the downloader: --cookies-from-browser chrome (change chrome to edge, brave or your browser)

Comment

Originally posted by Loverius View Post
              If you use yt-dlp or similar, try login with your browser, and att this command to the downloader: --cookies-from-browser chrome (change chrome to edge, brave or your browser)
              Loverius I'm trying to remember where you can add downloader commands in SF, I know I've seen the window to add them before, but now I can't find where it is. Can you let me know how to get to it so I can add --cookies-from-browser chrome to it?

Comment

Working...
              X