v5.0.3.7: Netflix browser GUI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v5.0.3.7: Netflix browser GUI problems

Wanted to re-download Stranger Things because of the Audio Description problem but i encountered some GUI glitches:

1st, the more info on hover doesn't work. When hovering over a title, it would display more information about the item after a couple of seconds.
    2nd, Clicking on an item actually clicks at an offset. Say i click directly in the middle of the screen, it actually clicks to the left or right of where i clicked. This was an issue in HBO max and basically you needed to resize the Streamfab window for the clicks to be accurate. I tried with Netflix but because the hover doesn't work, it's hard to figure out what size may be good.
    3rd, after clicking on something and adding it to the queue or not, you can no longer scroll the items. Instead, the list of episodes you just added will scroll behind the results page.

How to reproduce:
    • Open Netflix Module and search for Stranger Things.
    • Click on Stranger Things
    • Add episodes to Queue
    • Try scrolling up and down without closing the search
    Here is a video of the problem:

I agree with @jpp72's observations.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Hi,

Netflix upgrade the website last night, StreamFab needs to update the in-build browser.

We are working on the problem.

for now, you can double click to play the video and StreamFab will also start to download the video.

Wilson
      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 06-10-2022, 02:31 AM.
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

jpp72,
        I think you did an excellent job documenting your problem. If more people followed your example then Mona and the developers would have an easier time tracking down problems. The only thing missing are the logs but with it being a GUI problem I'm not so sure they would be any help.
        One big problem - I tried everything you said and I followed your video but I can't get it to do anything wrong. I tried with SF in full screen and windowed and everything works as it should. I worked on it for a good 15 minutes and it just would not misbehave.

Just for shits and giggles, if you haven't already tried it, update your video drivers to the latest ones. I've seen other programs that use the CEF browser and had display problems get fixed simply by updating the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

Netflix upgrade the website last night, StreamFab needs to update the in-build browser.

We are working on the problem.

for now, you can double click to play the video and StreamFab will also start to download the video.

Wilson
          Strange! Ah, no pun intended. Stranger Things, get it? Anyway, I just tried it again and still I can't get it to be bad. Could it be that Netflix is releasing the change slowly or regionally? I even cleaned out my CEF cookies and cache. This has got to be a first with me trying to make a program not work right rather than making it work right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            One big problem - I tried everything you said and I followed your video but I can't get it to do anything wrong. I tried with SF in full screen and windowed and everything works as it should. I worked on it for a good 15 minutes and it just would not misbehave.
            Thanks for letting me know. That's actually a huge help. I remember years ago having webpage rendering issues in Chrome and i had to disable hardware acceleration in the Chrome settings to fix it. I just tried right now disabling hardware acceleration and it has minimized the issue. It no longer does the weird scrolling background.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Just for shits and giggles, if you haven't already tried it, update your video drivers to the latest ones. I've seen other programs that use the CEF browser and had display problems get fixed simply by updating the driver.
            My NVIDIA Control Panel always shows me WHQL driver updates so i install them right away. Drivers are currently up to date.

Now i am wondering if the hardware accelaration is a remnant of when StreamFab was doing screen recording. I know a lot of people complained that Streamfab was taking forever in the Processing phase just before remuxing but it was never the case for me. Reading up on it, people suggested that nv_enc was being used in that phase so it would make sense that using GPU acceleration makes that process way faster (coupled with me using an SSD for the downloads).

I guess i should download something without acceleration and then download the same with it on and see...

Comment

Working...
            X