Peacock Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Bug

Thier is a bug with peacock where everytime i boot up streamfabe it constantly asks me to log into Peacock even though i have already done this before
    Attached Files

We do not have such problems in our tests. You may delete the cache and then log in again to see the result.

Comment

Cheers will try that

Comment

same here, have to sign in each time I restart the peacock app, and only peacock

Comment

I Thought thier was a bug with that glad its not just me

Comment

Mona, could you please have the developer look into this problem again? Since the time of version 5.0.3.7 I've had to login each time I visit Peacock. Prior to that, the site retained my sign-in information. I just visited the 12 main V.I.P. streaming sites that I frequent and only two required me to sign-in, Peacock and Crackle. I think Crackle made me log-in because I don't think I visited it in over a month. I visited Peacock perhaps a dozen times yesterday, day and night. and I had to re-enter my email address and password each time. It gets a little annoying after awhile.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Same here. Have to sign in every time I visit.

Comment

I am afraid that there isn't a solution or workaround for this "sign in" problem at the moment.

Comment

Mona, thank you for your reply. I got from it the distinct feeling that this "sign in" problem is actually a Peacock security feature rather than a StreamFab bug. I don't often sign in to Peacock (or hardly any of the streaming sites) using just regular browsers so when I tried that I found that Peacock required a fresh sign-in each time, too. Actually, if you go to Peacock twice in a short amount of time it will let you in the second time without a sign-in. What the grace period is, I don't know, but it is in minutes and not hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Mona, thank you for your reply. I got from it the distinct feeling that this "sign in" problem is actually a Peacock security feature rather than a StreamFab bug. I don't often sign in to Peacock (or hardly any of the streaming sites) using just regular browsers so when I tried that I found that Peacock required a fresh sign-in each time, too. Actually, if you go to Peacock twice in a short amount of time it will let you in the second time without a sign-in. What the grace period is, I don't know, but it is in minutes and not hours.
                    have you tried clearing all the cookies & site data / cache from all of your devices & computers
                    and then try signing into peacock only with streamfab and see if it still keeps asking you to log in.

also how may devices have you got that are connected to peacock ??
                    from what i can find, there's a limit of three (3) devices allowed.
                    Last edited by october262; 07-14-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Really? You're asking me those questions? Go back and read some of my past posts. I've advocated all those things to others many times.

Are you saying that you have personally signed into Peacock with StreamFab, exited StreamFab, waited, let's say, an hour, and then tried to bring up Peacock in StreamFab again. Were you asked to sign-in again or not?
                      How about with your regular browser, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, whatever?
                      In both cases I was asked to re-sign-in.

The answer to your first question should be obvious by now. When I get some time later I'll write up my whole routine that I use, pre and post-download. As a spoiler, I'll let you know that I am very conservative in my PC use. You certainly won't catch me running multiple devices at the same time with hundreds or thousands of episodes waiting in each one's queue. I've had a total of 1 crash in the 9 months I've used SF and that was with the disaster version 5.0.3.8 when everyone seemed to be crashing.

Comment

in my case only the streamfab downloader asks me to login. and it will do that during downloads and cause them to fail. I go back and login again start downloads and a few run then peacock asks me to sign in again. i did clear browser history and deleted the streamfab temporary files and this still happens.

Comment

October262,
                          I just want to apologize for my last message to you. You caught me at a bad time and I really dumped on you. I'm truly sorry for being so rude and abrasive.

Comment

I'm having the same problem.

Comment

I have been having the same problem for weeks now. I have tried uninstalling, clearing the cache, re-installing from scratch with no luck. Happy to provide whatever logs are helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X