Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix - Really low bitrate on SD

Hello all,

I am failry new to Streamfab. I am aware that Netflix doesn't have the best resolution out in the west even for HD. Of course, I do know that SD have seen better years but anyway, this is the subject. I am downloading SD for my cell phone et and tablet when travelling.

My question is the following. Is it NORMAL to get so LOW VIDEO BITRATE on Netflix for SD? It plays between 300 and no more than 500 k.

Thanx.
    Regards.

I've seen that on both Netflix and Paramount+, although on P+ the show I wanted went as high as 744kb/s, with only 128kb/s stereo audio (even though the DVD release of the show was somewhere between 2x & 3x the video bitrate with higher bitrate/5.1 surround audio). Quite annoying that they're making their SD content so low of a video bitrate that they don't upscale well at all on a 1080p or 4K screen - not to mention the low-quality stereo audio. I imagine this is done to save on storage and streaming costs for older shows that might not draw the audience sizes the newer shows do.
    Last edited by Dog; 07-05-2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanx for your answer Dog.

Comment

Working...
      X