Paramount+ Showing Commercial Before Analysis Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ Showing Commercial Before Analysis Finishes

I have the ad-supported plan on Paramount+.

I've noticed recently that when choosing a title to download, SF will begin analysis, then a commercial on Paramount+ will play in the background, and then SF will finish analysis. It didn't used to do this before.

Was wondering if this was a required change to fix another problem or if this was an oversight.

You're not alone. I also noticed that. When that started, I also found closed captioning no longer worked. For me it's been that way for over three weeks now. StreamFab programmers should take note. This might be a clue as to why we lost the closed captions. Could be that Paramount+ is now adding a commercial to be part of the beginning of each video and that commercial doesn't have closed captioning. So, when StreamFab starts its analysis, it doesn't find any CC and doesn't add the CC content to the show being downloaded.
    Last edited by Rich A; 07-08-2022, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I wonder if you could check and see if your latest recordings have Closed captions working?

I have not watched any shows while streaming directly from the Paramount+ web site using my ad-supported plan in several months. After seeing your comments about the ad playing while Stream Fab was analyzing, I thought I'd log into the Paramount+ web site and try streaming a few shows. I found each show was preceded with a commercial before the actual movie/show started. Interesting that the couple shows I tested had no closed captions in the first commercial that preceded the show, l but did have captions in the movie. I have several episodic shows I've been archiving for a long time, and checked and found any shows downloaded after about the 2nd or 3rd week in June was when the closed captions stopped working which might coincide with the StreamFab analysis playing back that first commercial playing in the background during initial analysis .
      Last edited by Rich A; 07-08-2022, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X