To StreamFab Moderators..... Still No Paramount Plus Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To StreamFab Moderators..... Still No Paramount Plus Subtitles

I have downloaded the following videos from Paramount Plus.....

(1) STAR TREK (2009).....
    (2) AN UNFINISHED LIFE.....

They have both downloaded without subtitles..... as I have reported for many other Paramount Plus videos in the past.....

I have included the log files for the videos listed above.....

When will this issue be resolved?

STAR TREK (2009) PARAMOUNT PLUS StreamFab.log

AN UNFINISHED LIFE PARAMOUNT PLUS StreamFab.log

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Hi,

We are working on the problem, it may be fixed at next week.

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-08-2022, 07:31 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi,

We are working on the problem, it may be fixed at next week.

Wilson
      "may" or "will" be fixed next week?
      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-08-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

v5042 will be released soon to fix the Paramount subtitle problem, please wait and have a try, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          v5042 will be released soon to fix the Paramount subtitle problem, please wait and have a try, thank you.
          I started StreamFab and got an update notice..... read what was being affected and of course was interested in giving it a test drive.....

After downloading the offline downloader for 5.0.4.2..... I performed the update.....

I again ran the download for both videos I had mentioned above in my initial post which opened this thread..... STAR TREK (2009)..... and AN UNFINISHED LIFE.....

I'm pleased to report that the initial user interface indicated that there were subtitles available for both videos..... and upon completion of the downloading..... when I played them..... both displayed subtitles perfectly.....

I want to be clear..... What I'm reporting here is what I'm experiencing..... I now receive subtitles when downloading Paramount Plus.....

After upgrading to StreamFab 5.0.4.2..... if you are still not getting them..... let StreamFab know and be sure to include the log files.....

I have included the two new log files which include subtitles for STAR TREK (2009)..... and AN UNFINISHED LIFE..... on the off chance that the developers may gain some insight by comparing the "before" and "after" log files from the same user's computer.....

In any case..... for me..... version 5.0.4.2 has resolved the Paramount Plus subtitle problem.....

I will still provide frank and objective submissions regarding the few remaining problems for other supported sites..... but here and now..... I must give credit where credit is definitely due.....

On behalf of all the users who have been awaiting the return of Paramount Plus subtitles..... I offer congratulations and appreciation to StreamFab for their efforts.....

Well done!

AN UNFINISHED LIFE PARAMOUNT PLUS WITH SUBTITLES StreamFab.log

STAR TREK (2009) PARAMOUNT PLUS WITH SUBTITLES StreamFab.log
          Attached Files
          Last edited by weavermovies; 07-08-2022, 02:17 PM.

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Version 5.0.4.2 still did not pull subtitles from Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

Logs attached.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rfryar; 07-08-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rfryar View Post
              Version 5.0.4.2 still did not pull subtitles from Star Trek Strange New Worlds.
              In an effort to offer you the same type of assistance which had recently been offered to me..... I downloaded "STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS SEASON 1 EPISODE 1" to see what I would get regarding subtitles.....

The user interface showed subtitles as being available..... and when I played the episode..... the subtitles displayed perfectly.....

I have attached the log file for the StreamFab developers if they need it.....

Although I do have a question.....

When you did the update to version 5.0.4.2..... did you just click on the notification to "update now" that popped up in StreamFab..... or did you go to the StreamFab website..... download the offline downloader and run the update directly from your system?.....

If you didn't go to the website and download the appropriate offline downloader and then run it from your system..... I suggest that you do that and rerun the update..... then after doing that..... try downloading an episode of STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS again to see if you get subtitles.....

If you're asking why..... my answer is just humor me..... What have you got to lose except a few minutes of your time?.....

In any case..... like I said..... I have attached the log file showing the download with the subtitles for "EPISODE 1"..... and I'm also attaching the download links to both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of StreamFab 5.0.4.2..... If you decide to take my suggestion..... use the appropriate link and give it a shot.

One last thing..... In my "VIP Services Settings"..... for "Subtitle Format"..... I "Remux into file"..... I DO NOT "Extract to SRT File".

Good luck!

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/48_504...amfab_5042.exe

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/49_504...b_x64_5042.exe

STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS S1 E1 PARAMOUNT PLUS WITH SUBTITLES StreamFab.log
              Attached Files
              Last edited by weavermovies; 07-08-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I'll add this to weavermovies last reply. I also did the "update" when prompted that there was a new version available. And had the same results rhyar had. Normally I "reboot" my PC whenever I do any kind of install, or software update. However for what ever reason, I did not reboot my PC this time. I'd suggest if you did not exit StreamFab and then reboot your PC you should try that first. However in my case the "auto update" didn't work,

So, I downloaded the new version directly from the StreamFab web site and just ran the stand alone install. And that fixed everything .. So I"m now going thru the agrevating process of re-downloading the last three weeks of shows I normally get every week so I can "hear" the actors <grin>. Sorry, I don't know which fix was the one that did the trick. The "reboot" or the stand alone install using the web site?

But my "atta boy" goes to weavermovies !! Thanks.
                Last edited by Rich A; 07-08-2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

If you didn't go to the website and download the appropriate offline downloader and then run it from your system..... I suggest that you do that and rerun the update..... then after doing that..... try downloading an episode of STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS again to see if you get subtitles.....

If you're asking why..... my answer is just humor me..... What have you got to lose except a few minutes of your time?.....
                  Yes...that did the trick as I also did not have subtitles when I first updated via the notification in the StreamFab software. But when I went to the StreamFab website and installed 5.0.4.2 over the existing 5.0.4.2 which I had installed via the software, then I got the subtitles!

Comment

I have been around DVDFab since 2011..... I thought this then..... and I still think it now.....

Many of the problems that arise have to do with taking the easy way and clicking on the "update now" when a request to allow a version update pops up in front of you.....

I always shut down StreamFab along with everything else which I may have running..... then go to the website..... download the 64 bit offline version of an update and then run it from my system..... and that is ANY website for any software that I use.....

It cuts out a number of variables that you have no control over regarding the internet itself and god only knows some of the clandestine ways users have themselves connected with VPN's and whatever..... and it also negates the possibility of a programmer having made a human error that would be inconsequential if the offline update was being used.....

One last thing..... when the update is complete and it asks you if you want to "Start StreamFab Now"..... never respond to start it..... Always just end the installation and let it close itself out..... That allows you to start StreamFab fresh in the normal way without any of these "shortcuts" that really shouldn't even be an option but somehow always is.....

Although..... like I said..... if you ask me why..... all I can offer is..... "just humor me".....

In any case..... I'm glad whatever it was that worked..... worked.
                    Last edited by weavermovies; 07-08-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

maineiac13 Did you uninstall first, or just download and install over top.

I'm having the same issue with subtitles on paramount+

Comment

FWIW, (while you are waiting for a reply from maineiac13) I did not uninstall anything. Just installed the new update over the existing software. Make sure StreamFab is not running and is shut down before you do the manual update.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

In any case..... for me..... version 5.0.4.2 has resolved the Paramount Plus subtitle problem.....

I will still provide frank and objective submissions regarding the few remaining problems for other supported sites..... but here and now..... I must give credit where credit is definitely due.....

On behalf of all the users who have been awaiting the return of Paramount Plus subtitles..... I offer congratulations and appreciation to StreamFab for their efforts.....

Well done!
                          Ahh, isn't that nice! You went from "StreamFab doesn't care" (https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...3-9#post411545 #3) to "appreciation." Frank and objective doesn't have to be demanding and insulting. Learn patience. They want it fixed just as much as you do.

Comment

I ended up uninstalling, clearing settings, and clearing the temp and log folders. I have now downloaded the last 3 episodes of ST-SNWs with sub titles

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                              maineiac13 Did you uninstall first, or just download and install over top.

I'm having the same issue with subtitles on paramount+
                              I see in a later post you got it working but FWIW, I did not uninstall or reboot...I just downloaded and installed over the prior 5.0.4.2.

Comment

Working...
                              X