To StreamFab Moderators..... Still No HBOMAX 1080p Download Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To StreamFab Moderators..... Still No HBOMAX 1080p Download Capability

I have downloaded the following videos from HBOMAX.....

(1) A SIMPLE PLAN.....
    (2) KEY LARGO.....
    (3) OVERBOARD (1987).....
    (4) THE HEAT (2013).....

I have attached the log files for the videos listed above.....

They have all downloaded in 720p resolution despite having 1080p resolution available..... an issue which has been being reported for well over two months by many other StreamFab Users..... me included.....

When will this issue be resolved?

A SIMPLE PLAN HBOMAX StreamFab.log

KEY LARGO HBOMAX StreamFab.log

OVERBOARD (1987) HBOMAX StreamFab.log

THE HEAT (2013) HBOMAX StreamFab.log

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

At the very least let us discuss other software that works correctly, if you won't/can't fix it

Comment

we should be able to discuss other software that works i know of one than works great. Especially since this one's like it won't be fixed took their competitors a week to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
        we should be able to discuss other software that works i know of one than works great. Especially since this one's like it won't be fixed took their competitors a week to fix it
        That is not going to happen..... Not understanding why it's an issue when people know that it's fixed by the competition but still use this product in bad mouth, why not just use that product if it's that big of a deal to them and truly wait out the fix. This is not the first time with HBOMax ,it got fixed before and yes, it was fixed first before by the competition, feel it will happen given time. They the competition lost their court date when DVDFab didn't, so there might be a reason why it's not being released yet. Signals where you at????
        Last edited by Down2Earth; 07-09-2022, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

That is not going to happen..... Not understanding why it's an issue when people know that it's fixed by the competition but still use this product in bad mouth, why not just use that product if it's that big of a deal to them and truly wait out the fix. This is not the first time with HBOMax ,it got fixed before and yes, it was fixed first before by the competition, feel it will happen given time. They the competition lost their court date when DVDFab didn't, so there might be a reason why it's not being released yet. Signals where you at????
          We saw a similar delay in fixing the drm issue with amazon, what a year ago. Took them a month or two. My feeling is the SF team has it cracked already they are just doing more rigorous testing of it before a release then the supposed competition.

(I say supposed competition because every time I look all I find is SF knock offs. like not very good knock offs that have the exact same UI and are like several builds behind SF)

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

We saw a similar delay in fixing the drm issue with amazon, what a year ago. Took them a month or two. My feeling is the SF team has it cracked already they are just doing more rigorous testing of it before a release then the supposed competition.

(I say supposed competition because every time I look all I find is SF knock offs. like not very good knock offs that have the exact same UI and are like several builds behind SF)
            are you able to get 1080p from HBOMAX using your regular browser (not the streamfab browser) ??

Comment

Because a lot of other users DON"T know where to look and we're not allowed to tell them

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                You really don't know who the competition is? In my opinion they are no competition at all but that's another story.
                Tell you what - Above in the Sticky section of this forum there is a thread named Review StreamFab and Get a One-Year Free Subscription. After leaving your own fabulous review about SF at the first place listed, read the other reviews and look around a little. You might figure it out.

By the way, that site is the best anywhere when it comes to all things video. You can get any video question answered there in their forum. Up until recently, when they got scared and banned talk about how to download and crack DRM video websites, you had virtually an advanced class in manually doing what SF does. It's not that easy, folks, don't let anyone tell you different.
                Last edited by Cats4U; 07-09-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

You really don't know who the competition is? In my opinion they are no competition at all but that's another story.
                  Tell you what - Above in the Sticky section of this forum there is a thread named Review StreamFab and Get a One-Year Free Subscription. After leaving your own fabulous review about SF at the first place listed, read the other reviews and look around a little. You might figure it out.
                  No I really don't. Found one once, didn't really like it compared to SF. But haven't been able to find it again. I also don't recall the name.

Comment

I have lifetime licenses for both products and the reason why i don't use the competition for HBO Max is because they only do H.264 when SF does H.265, CVBR, and you can pick the bitrate.

If i want H.264 it's actually easier to just get them via newsgroups

Although i have a lifetime of the all-in-one SF, i only use the modules that provide 1080p if H.264 is the only option and Amazon & HBO Max because of the H.265. I hope they enable H.265 downloads for Netflix as all evidence points to it having H.265 available

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I have lifetime licenses for both products and the reason why i don't use the competition for HBO Max is because they only do H.264 when SF does H.265, CVBR, and you can pick the bitrate.

If i want H.264 it's actually easier to just get them via newsgroups

Although i have a lifetime of the all-in-one SF, i only use the modules that provide 1080p if H.264 is the only option and Amazon & HBO Max because of the H.265. I hope they enable H.265 downloads for Netflix as all evidence points to it having H.265 available
                      Hi Jpp72,

I also have lifetime licenses for StreamFab and the other product.

I also have a lifetime license for DVDFab which I use to convert H.264 to H.265 videos when they are not in that format via StreamFab or the other product.

H.264 vs. H.265 is a non-issue since I can batch convert to H.265 with DVDFab.

There are also several really good convertors out there and I'm looking forward to H.266 that supposedly is 1/2 the file size? once it is more widely adopted and is supported on my Roku Ultra's.

It makes sense for me to use both StreamFab and the other product.

What is most important for me is being 1080p, the bit rate of the video file, the audio Kbs and number of channels/audio format.

Sometimes one product is better than the other on certain files, and I have encountered many instances of this.

For example:

Netflix "The Man From Toronto" (see attached).

StreamFab Netflix "The Man From Toronto" 960x540 293Kbs, H.264, 768Kbs Audio Dolby Digital Atmos
                      Other Netflix "The Man From Toronto" 1280x720 655Kbs, H.264, 768Kbs Audio Dolby Digital Atmos

I'm not viewing StreamFab and the other product as "competitor's" as much as complementary products.

I also like the fact that sometimes one product addresses an issue when the other one takes a long time.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike_M; 07-11-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi Jpp72,

I also have lifetime licenses for StreamFab and the other product.

I also have a lifetime license for DVDFab which I use to convert H.264 to H.265 videos when they are not in that format via StreamFab or the other product.

H.264 vs. H.265 is a non-issue since I can batch convert to H.265 with DVDFab.

There are also several really good convertors out there and I'm looking forward to H.266 that supposedly is 1/2 the file size? once it is more widely adopted and is supported on my Roku Ultra's.

It makes sense for me to use both StreamFab and the other product.

What is most important for me is being 1080p, the bit rate of the video file, the audio Kbs and number of channels/audio format.

Sometimes one product is better than the other on certain files, and I have encountered many instances of this.

For example:

Netflix "The Man From Toronto" (see attached).

StreamFab Netflix "The Man From Toronto" 960x540 293Kbs, H.264, 768Kbs Audio Dolby Digital Atmos
                        Other Netflix "The Man From Toronto" 1280x720 655Kbs, H.264, 768Kbs Audio Dolby Digital Atmos

I'm not viewing StreamFab and the other product as "competitor's" as much as complementary products.

I also like the fact that sometimes one product addresses an issue when the other one takes a long time.
                        Ya i used to convert my H.264 stuff to H.265 but after finding StreamFab, i was in heaven. I have a shit ton of content (11,000+ movies, 1920+ TV Shows, 90,000+ episodes) so downloading a whole season with 1.5gbit/s internet is waaaaayyyyyy faster than converting it. I still have the routine of every 1st or the month, i go to the Last Chance section of HBO Max and download whatever is leaving at the end of the month if i have the H.264 version already

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Agreed. like SF and HBOMax now taking longer to fix, or back with the big Widevine update where SF was fixed for all services quicker.

I too have lifetime StreamFab, and DVDFab licensees, and recently purchased lifetime of the other (while we wait for SF to fix HBOMax).

I use the other as a "backup". I mean I still prefer the UI, workflow, features and supported services of StreamFab and it is my go to downloader, but if it has issues that haven't been fixed in a long while (like HBOMax) or downloads a movie only at lower resolutions, I try in the other. Having both keeps me covered for my the main streaming services I use.

That being said, I wish I didn't have to have both.

Oh and as far as using DVDFab to convert H.264 to H.265, keep in mind you are recompressing a compressed source, so you will lose some quality. It may or may not be noticeable depending on your eyes and playback devices.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Ya i used to convert my H.264 stuff to H.265 but after finding StreamFab, i was in heaven. I have a shit ton of content (11,000+ movies, 1920+ TV Shows, 90,000+ episodes) so downloading a whole season with 1.5gbit/s internet is waaaaayyyyyy faster than converting it. I still have the routine of every 1st or the month, i go to the Last Chance section of HBO Max and download whatever is leaving at the end of the month if i have the H.264 version already
                            Hi Jpp72,

Same here, similarly sized library.

Excel spreadsheet for upcoming downloads with dates to get, and for database of movies.

The first of the month is a busy time.

For some reason the downloading/connection speeds via one product is about 1/3 faster for me than the other and the background converting using DVDFab isn't that bad so not a big deal.

Most of my stuff was in H.264 until recently.

Due to space needs started using H.265 on newer files, sorted directories on drives by file size & converted larger H.264 files to H.265 and right now just really making all new stuff H.265.

Just got 2 new 16TB Seagate Exos X18's yesterday, now up to 56TB (3x16Tb, 1x8Tb) online & duplicates of these drives offline for backup.
                            Last edited by Mike_M; 07-11-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                              Agreed. like SF and HBOMax now taking longer to fix, or back with the big Widevine update where SF was fixed for all services quicker.

I too have lifetime StreamFab, and DVDFab licensees, and recently purchased lifetime of the other (while we wait for SF to fix HBOMax).

I use the other as a "backup". I mean I still prefer the UI, workflow, features and supported services of StreamFab and it is my go to downloader, but if it has issues that haven't been fixed in a long while (like HBOMax) or downloads a movie only at lower resolutions, I try in the other. Having both keeps me covered for my the main streaming services I use.

That being said, I wish I didn't have to have both.

Oh and as far as using DVDFab to convert H.264 to H.265, keep in mind you are recompressing a compressed source, so you will lose some quality. It may or may not be noticeable depending on your eyes and playback devices.
                              (I bolded part of KidJoe's response above)

Hi KidJoe,

I'm also "compressing" H.265 (when not available via products) files at a higher bitrate than is really necessary based on it's compression - using factor of 75% of H.264 bitrate when I encode H.265 file.

Between DvdFab's "Normal" and "High Quality" settings H.265 settings for conversion.

That seems to result in a nice file without discernable playback issues even in fast scenes for me.

Mike
                              Last edited by Mike_M; 07-11-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X