Disney "abnormally high number of requests" warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

I'd use a VPN for Disney now if you can....I can tell you I wasn't downloading as much as you, but still a lot., I was also downloading 1080p (not SF).
    can you pm me regarding this second part please, i'm curious.

Comment

Did you buy a new router because of this or were planning on anyways? I got this exact message earlier this year and the block lasted 24 hours. I retried SF a couple days after that for a few items and it worked fine. Since then, I've been wondering what the issue was (besides the quantity). For example, I know one of the issues recently fixed was after two minutes on a certain page, it would go back to the main screen, so I wondered if leaving that Window open (even though nothing was going on) sent too many "refresh" commands and that triggered something. Reading your answer and remembering around that time, IMO, I'm thinking that 50 items per day for multiple consecutive days is too much, and that either lowering the number per day (i.e. 40 or less) or adding a day off in between.

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      I had completed the first 8 seasons. In about 4 nights. It was a coue mornings later, after downloading more that I got the block.

I had queued up enough just to stay under 50 per day over the course of the 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th. Which allowed me to get seasons 1-8.

On the 27th I added seasons 9 and 10 to the queue, again staying under 50, and started my download.

On the morning of the 28th, I check SF and saw 3 episodes had failed, I retired them which failed, and that is when I noticed the black screen in the D+ tab in SF, cleared SF cache and log folders, then tried signing back into D+ and saw the error message.

I do not know how long it was between when the downloads on the 27th stopped and the morning when I retired the remaining 3 episodes and I discovered the block.

I installed the new router and rebooted the cable modem the afternoon of the 28th. I didn't try to watch a movie on Disney+ until about 8pm.

While I have watched a movies on Disney+ since being unblocked, I haven't tried downloading more yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMayor View Post
        Did you buy a new router because of this or were planning on anyways?
        I was buying a new router due to finishing our basement and needing "mesh" coverage for the house.

It was just a coincidence the new router was arriving on the same day.

Comment

Turning off the modem will often get a new IP but usually not if it's only off for a moment. A good 10 minutes without power may be enough. This of course is ISP dependent.

Comment

It really depends on the ISP. The cable company I worked for had a 48 or 72 hour release time, I forget which. That's why we were taught to switch out the MAC address rather than tell the customer to disconnect their modem and wait 3 days.

Comment

Sounds to me like you have been busted.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Who's been busted?

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Comment

"Due to an abnormally high number of requests, we have temporarily blocked traffic from your IP address. Pleas try again later (Error Code 91)."
                  This guy
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    only partially.

If I was "totally busted" they would have blocked my log in completely.

Instead, as I wrote, only my home internet IP was blocked, while my cellular devices, via my cellular company's internet, continued working.

I wonder if their network saw it as a DoS attack or similar type of thing?

Comment

Working...
                    X