Peacock DRM Changes 19/8/2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock DRM Changes 19/8/2022

So decided to start a thread with a proper title Peacock has changed thier encryption on 19/8/2022 stuff prior to this works i hope the moderatores know this now
    Attached Files

Thanks, we will look into it.

Comment

cheers try to download days of our lives Friday episode that fails as well as all other episodes released on Friday and onwards others have reported this problem too eg such as the latest episode of Love Island too

Comment

Latest Log Attached
        Attached Files

Comment

I currently can't download anything from Peacock either. Seems like it gets stuck on Analyzing until it fails.

Comment

I guess I'll repost my StreamFab.log since everything got moved over here from the initial thread.

StreamFab.log

Comment

Hoping it gets fixed soon its unusable for new content

Comment

You're going to have to just relax. If, in fact, it is a new DRM, as we both think, it's going to take some time to fix. Depending on how complex they have made the DRM, there is no doubt, we will have to wait. No amount of complaining to Support will make it happen any faster. You know it has to be fixed and they know it has to be fixed, with time and hard work, it will be fixed. With the exception of HBO MAX (still waiting after 4 months), it seems to me, that the average time for them to figure it out lately is about 1 month. I could be wrong on the length of time ultimately because it is only based on the short amount of time I've used StreamFab.
                On the bright side, look at the competition's situation. They've been promising, for some time, the imminent release of a new unnamed downloader. Of course, the name of the new downloader eventually leaked and it is for Peacock. If this is a DRM change then they are back to square one. Just think how these customers are going to feel after being promised a new downloader for so long and almost getting it. Disclaimer: this is all just speculation on my part at this time as I have no inside knowledge of what goes on over there.

Comment

The developer is working on the Peacock problem, please kindly wait, thanks.

Comment

Thank you so much Mona

Comment

Not a DRM problem...I successfully downloaded Tuesday's episode of Day of Our Lives using an alternate method...if DRM would have changed...it wouldn't have worked either.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
                        Not a DRM problem...I successfully downloaded Tuesday's episode of Day of Our Lives using an alternate method...if DRM would have changed...it wouldn't have worked either.
                        Darn you, Jim! You ruined a perfectly good conspiracy theory.

Actually that's good news. Better than waiting a month or more for a new DRM to be worked out. If you can do it in such a short amount of time, hopefully the developer can, too. So, could you explain what it was, if it was not a new DRM, that was causing the problem? Perhaps a few hints as to your alternate method, too? Please.
                        Last edited by Cats4U; 08-24-2022, 07:00 PM. Reason: Bad punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Darn you, Jim! You ruined a perfectly good conspiracy theory.

Actually that's good news. Better than waiting a month or more for a new DRM to be worked out. If you can do it in such a short amount of time, hopefully the developer can, too. So, could you explain what it was, if it was not a new DRM, that was causing the problem? Perhaps a few hints as to your alternate method, too? Please.
                          I did nothing...I'm assuming it's just a server error on the SF side. CDM was updated in June...doubtful they would be updating again this soon. If they were retiring old CDM's, everything would go SD.....we've seen that before.
                          Last edited by jimc115; 08-24-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

I did nothing...I'm assuming it's just a server error on the SF side. CDM was updated in June...doubtful they would be updating again this soon. If they were retiring old CDM's, everything would go SD.....we've seen that before.
                            I'm still getting endless Analysis on the downloading screen and then when I look back at Home I see this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-24 4.44.38 PM.png
Views:	544
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	414331

I love cats but I could do without this one.

You have me very confused. First, you say you were able to download it by using "an alternate method" and then you say "I did nothing." I can't figure out how to reconcile those two together.

Comment

I'm sticking with still a server error. it works sporadically.
                              DRM caused parsing errors last time it was changed. (Couldn't Decrypt)

Streamfab is just having a lot of issues today.

I was able to grab GOAT with an older version, but the new version wouldn't decrypt it. If it were a DRM issue...neither version would have worked.
                              Plus...no errors at the other place we aren't supposed to talk about.

The Kitty Picture does show up often....even when everything is OK.

There's even download problems with Pluto...and it doesn't use Widevine.

Comment

Working...
                              X