Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many recent problems related to StreamFab server side issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many recent problems related to StreamFab server side issues?

Just curious,

My interest was peaked by a response by Mona to an issue on 8/19, related to Amazon encryption problems.

She told a user to try again that "they had fixed it".

StreamFab 5.0.4.9 amzn dl encrypted video
    Hello with the new version StreamFab 5.0.4.9 of amzn it downloads me encrypted videos for all confused, I think it's pares the dl so the moment of the treatment that it bug because it does that only for amzn all videos. here is the log and screen le if attached. before with StreamFab 5.0.4.8 the video is not downloaded now it

This brought up the questions in my mind as to *how* these were fixed without the user doing anything - clearing caches/temp files, installing new version, etc...

That would mean that there are some interactive processes being done during a users running of StreamFab that communicates with StreamFab servers and that StreamFab had made some adjustments on their side.

This would also explain the time that "Analysis" (at the beginning) and "Processing" (at the end) utilizes.

So errors received, or slowness during Analysis/Processing *might* be due to slow communication and/or problems with StreamFab servers for necessary processes?

Many of my problems (and others) related to "Network connection errors" during Analysis.

In a previous response to this error "Network connection error" message Mona had stated that it was a DRM issue.

Does this mean that during this process, necessary DRM configuration is communicated from servers in conjunction with software?

Also the changelog has the following comment that changes to their server in conjunction with 5.0.5.0 changes will make sure you can use StreamFab normally.

Current 5.0.5.0 Changelog

Important Upgrade:
    Due to security concerns, some important upgrades are made to our server, please update to ver. 5.0.5.0 to make sure you can use StreamFab normally.

It would have saved some people a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of StreamFab if we were told that there were some server side issues/coding that comes into play during your usage of StreamFab that are having issues and the we are working on those and also a new version, StreamFab 5.0.5.0, that will better interface with these processes.

Thanks!

Mike

StreamFab 5.0.5.0 (crossing fingers), U.S., Win 10/64, NoVpn, running on Coffee...

This would also explain the time that "Analysis" (at the beginning) and "Processing" (at the end) utilizes.
    Hi,

The analysis and processing progress are not related with our server, it's finished by StreamFab client itself now. But we are also working for speed up the video analyzing process.

My interest was peaked by a response by Mona to an issue on 8/19, related to Amazon encryption problems.

She told a user to try again that "they had fixed it".
    The DRM problem is may related with the server, but also related the streaming service if they upgrade their website or DRM.

Important Upgrade: Due to security concerns, some important upgrades are made to our server, please update to ver. 5.0.5.0 to make sure you can use StreamFab normally.

Improved something for the server security.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

The analysis and processing progress are not related with our server, it's finished by StreamFab client itself now. But we are also working for speed up the video analyzing process.

The DRM problem is may related with the server, but also related the streaming service if they upgrade their website or DRM.

Wilson
      Wilson Wang,

Thank you for this explanation.

1. Are the recent messages we got a lot, "Failure accessing the video information. please check your network..." , purely triggered by "network" issues or does "DRM" issues also generate this message?

2. Is there any way to determine if it's a StreamFab issue or Streaming site issue and produce different error messages?

3. Recently it was noted that an unencrypted file, 65518339-F04A-4B70-839E-FD168961FDV1, was being created in the StreamFab directory and contained:

Token Id: "Customer ID" that links back to user?
      Machine Id: Network Address
      Email address of user:
      IP address of user:

StreamFab mentions (see attached) at it's site that a "Customer ID" is coded into files during creation.

Does that also pull from the StreamFab client only and does it include any other information (stuff in above file) or only a number that you can link back to the customer?

4. "we are also working for speed up the video analyzing process" - Wilson Wang

Is this also related to Enable GPU Hardware Acceleration in the VIP settings?

I like that DVDFab shows GPU usage during processes.

Does StreamFab now fully utilize GPU processing?

Thank you for any education on these matters!

Mike

Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 08-26-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Wilson
        By any chance did this have anything to do with the SSL certificate that expired on Friday, August 19th? Amazon and other sites went to hell after the certificate was renewed.

Comment

Working...
        X