Paramount+ - not getting passed "Analyzing Metadata information"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ - not getting passed "Analyzing Metadata information"

When selecting a TV series, it renders all the seasons and starts "Analyzing Metadata information", but that goes on "forever".... . In the Log folder there is also "CBS_MetaDownload" file as well (an XML file). When opening it, it states; This page contains the following errors: error on line 3 at column 1: Document is empty. Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Log files attached. Any idea what's causing this?
    Attached Files

I will have the developer check your log file.
    Please delete the two folders and then run StreamFab to try again and see the result as well.
    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/log

Comment

It did not help to delete these folders.

Comment

Originally posted by eiha View Post
        It did not help to delete these folders.
        did you upgrade to the bundle with showtime deal yet ??
        i think the show is locked until you upgrade to the showtime bundle.
        because all the episodes show a lock symbol thus the "Analyzing Metadata information"
        appears stuck.

Comment

I do not understand why the showtime setup should change anything. The TV series and movies are playing just fine with my Paramount subscription in my default browser. Showtime is not yet launched in my country either.

Comment

Originally posted by eiha View Post
            I do not understand why the showtime setup should change anything. The TV series and movies are playing just fine with my Paramount subscription in my default browser. Showtime is not yet launched in my country either.
            your trying to download the ray-donovan series episodes correct ??
            for me, all the episodes show that they have a lock symbol on them unless i upgrade to the showtime deal
            for which i do not need. other tv shows such as star trek picard open just fine.

Comment

I am getting the same problem. I submitted a log as well to a ticket. Deleting files and folders has only ever worked ONCE.

For the past week or so sometimes shows would stop downloading at 50%, which is where it switches to downloading the audio.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                For the past week or so sometimes shows would stop downloading at 50%, which is where it switches to downloading the audio.
                How long did you wait when it appeared to stop? StreamFab sometimes appears to have stopped but it is still working. Best advice is to set up your queue, get it started, and walk away and find something else to do for awhile. It'll probably be done when you come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

How long did you wait when it appeared to stop? StreamFab sometimes appears to have stopped but it is still working. Best advice is to set up your queue, get it started, and walk away and find something else to do for awhile. It'll probably be done when you come back.

I would wait long enough for the audio to have downloaded and the file to be processed. If it normally takes 5 minutes, I waited 10.
                  I deleted the 2 folder contents as directed above, same problem still with the analyzing screen never going away.
                  Last edited by MrGrackle; 09-14-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                    I would wait long enough for the audio to have downloaded and the file to be processed. If it normally takes 5 minutes, I waited 10.
                    I have done the same as "Mr. Krawk" and the Paramount+ video file is not getting past analyzing.....

What no one has mentioned as of yet is.....instead of the normal sequence of the analyzing being completed and the popup window appearing showing the video and audio download options..... the video file begins to play with the analyzing window continuing to both display and analyze..... There are no screen controls present to pause the playing video.....

Let me clarify that..... before the video file beings to play..... the screen fills with what appears to be a blown up "thumbnail" of the movie that displays for a second or two..... this "thumbnail" disappears..... and then the video file begins to play as I stated above..... with the analyzing window continuing to both display and analyze....

I have a hunch that it is this "thumbnail" which is causing the process to hang..... The only question is..... did Paramount+ purposely insert it to defeat StreamFab's ability to download the movie file..... or is it an addition that just needs to be accounted for by the developers and issued in a version update.....

I have attached the log file from "THE FAST AND FURIOUS (1954)" for the developers and would be happy to provide others if necessary.

StreamFab Log - PARAMOUNTPLUS - THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (1954).log
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by weavermovies; 09-14-2022, 04:05 PM.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

That's an odd one, alright. (Fast and the Furious '54) I don't think Paramount is intentionally trying to do something to screw up SF with that movie. They wouldn't waste their time on an old movie like that. They'd do it on a recent blockbuster. I just think that it's an old movie that was set up to run continuously in its own player. StreamFab.log shows it as a "custom force play" so I have a feeling that the developer knows what he is dealing with. You said you found others? Do you have any recent videos or are they all from Paramount's back catalogue?
                      I definitely think this has nothing to do Mr.Krawk's problem. I still think his is due to the delay that appears to be a stop. Perhaps his audio processing program is bad or something. Perhaps a clean install using the downloaded SF install program (not the pop-up updater) would cure his ills. I downloaded a lot of Paramount stuff in the last week and I can honestly say I have not had one failure or run into anything like your Fast and the Furious '54.

Comment

To Cats4u.....

Are you a member of StreamFab's staff in any capacity?

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
                          To Cats4u.....

Are you a member of StreamFab's staff in any capacity?
                          No, I am not. I worked many years in Tech Support at a major cable company before my retirement. Before that I was the geek that friends and family came to when they had computer problems even though I was in a totally different line of work. Helping out on computer problems just comes naturally to me. There are several others here that are non-employees that also seem to like getting their hands dirty in streaming questions and problems.

Comment

i'd have to say that paramount plus must've updated their website or something
                            because all the tv shows & movies that i've tried are not getting past the analyzing stage.
                            i even rolled back to a few earlier versions and it's still the same.
                            Last edited by october262; 09-14-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                              No, I am not.
                              My question was a simple one and anything past your response of "No, I am not"..... as far as I'm concerned..... is of no consequence.....

Speaking for myself only..... when I state I have a problem..... I don't require..... nor do I appreciate..... your telling me whether my problem is valid or not.....

My only concern is that StreamFab is made aware..... and that they respond in a timely manner.....

I thank you in advance for your cooperation in this regards.

Comment

Working...
                              X