how does streamfab choose streams to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does streamfab choose streams to DL

been using streamfab for several months now and over working well, i've also used a major competitor's version for a while in the past but will stick with streamfab in the long term ...

question i had: with respect to streams available from providers like HBO, i found that regardless of which res/quality/size i choose, i don't always get that when it downloads.

for example, if i select 1440 from the dropdown of what's available ... i will not get it for some episodes of a show. i would sometimes get 1080 or 720. realize that is probably due to what's available for download .... but thought maybe I should change the region for HBO and see if that helps ? just trying to figure out whether that's a general HBO thing, in terms of how they prep their streaming content ... or a limitation to streamfab/drm.

also not sure if prime has higher res versions to download for new shows, especially the #1 show at the moment. i would assume so, but i am only being shown the 1080 versions.

otherwise, i like how streamfab can get content as HEVC in an MP4 container with multiple audio and subtitle tracks ... that's nice to have

btw, i run it in a vmware win11 vm, in case that makes any difference to options available to me.

any thoughts ?

Comment

for example, if i select 1440 from the dropdown of what's available ... i will not get it for some episodes of a show. i would sometimes get 1080 or 720. realize that is probably due to what's available for download .... but thought maybe I should change the region for HBO and see if that helps ? just trying to figure out whether that's a general HBO thing, in terms of how they prep their streaming content ... or a limitation to streamfab/drm.
      The HBO Max 1080p is partially restored, it will download the best one available at the time of downloading, so sometimes get 1080 or 720 for now.

Comment

the first 2 episodes of a current popular show were able to be downloaded in 1440. however the remainder are 1080 and 720.

i asked to see if this is correct: that larger resolutions of episodes are not available right away on HBO, instead they are slowly added over time if it is in their plan to do that .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by sierra117 View Post
          t

i asked to see if this is correct: that larger resolutions of episodes are not available right away on HBO, instead they are slowly added over time if it is in their plan to do that .. ?
          We will add support to download higher resolution slowly.

Comment

is there some limitation for decrypting the higher res versions of HOTD ? or they are not show because HBO doesn't present them to sf when i try to click on the show to see the episodes to download ?

Comment

is there some limitation for decrypting the higher res versions of HOTD ? or they are not show because HBO doesn't present them to sf when i try to click on the show to see the episodes to download ?
              Can you get the same show when playback through a web browser?
              Please provide the StreamFab log file too, thanks.

Comment

the first 2 episodes of a current popular show were able to be downloaded in 1440. however the remainder are 1080 and 720.

House of the Dragon was a weird one. For the episodes as far as downloading them in higher res. The episodes per release dates had something to do with that.
                in the link provided you will see that episodes 1- 4 you should have been able to download those episodes at 1440p because they were before September 15. Anything after the 15th because of the DRM change is/will be coming down as 720p for every episode and that is not just StreamFab.

What was weird was that StreamFab only downloaded episodes 1- 2 at 1440p and episode 3 will only download at 1080p while ep - 4 the best you could get was 720p. If that is what you are referring to.

Comment

Working...
                X