Hulu Mountain Men Season 11 Episode 3 fails to download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu Mountain Men Season 11 Episode 3 fails to download

As the title says, season 11, episode 3 fails repeatedly. It does play in the integrated browser. Episodes 1,2 and 4 downloaded just fine. Logs are attached. Additional note: the updater says that the software version is current (5.0.5.6) but the "About" dialog shows version 5.0.4.7.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by oldschool View Post
    As the title says, season 11, episode 3 fails repeatedly. It does play in the integrated browser. Episodes 1,2 and 4 downloaded just fine. Logs are attached. Additional note: the updater says that the software version is current (5.0.5.6) but the "About" dialog shows version 5.0.4.7.
    There is no Season 11 of Mountain Men on Hulu. It only goes up to Season 10.

The About for version 5.0.5.6 says 5.0.5.6 and not 5.0.4.7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 11.23.49 AM.png
Views:	207
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	415824

Comment

Hi oldschool,

Here's a trick you can try.

I have used Youtube module to download some current episodes from different series (like The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch) that are on the History Channel but have not been released on other streaming services yet.

I go to Youtube.

Put History.com in address and login with my TV Provider Id (In my case Dish).

I just downloaded Mountain Men Season 11 Episode 1 this way to test.

Bad thing is you'll have to do all 6 episodes separately, but if you can logon to your TV Provider and get History Channel, you can get them early this way.

Best of luck!

Mike

US - CST, no VPN, currently on 5.0.5.5 due to 5.0.5.6 messed up for Peacock+ for new Quantum Leap series, Win 10/64
      Last edited by Mike_M; 10-04-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Quantum Leap downloads just fine but very slow, Season 1 Episodes 1,2,3
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          Quantum Leap downloads just fine but very slow, Season 1 Episodes 1,2,3
          Chameleon,

He's wants season 11.

Which per Cats4U is evidently not released on Hulu yet.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi oldschool,

Here's a trick you can try.

I have used Youtube module to download some current episodes from different series (like The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch) that are on the History Channel but have not been released on other streaming services yet.

I go to Youtube.

Put History.com in address and login with my TV Provider Id (In my case Dish).

I just downloaded Mountain Men Season 11 Episode 1 this way to test.

Bad thing is you'll have to do all 6 episodes separately, but if you can logon to your TV Provider and get History Channel, you can get them early this way.

Best of luck!

Mike

US - CST, no VPN, currently on 5.0.5.5 due to 5.0.5.6 messed up for Peacock+ for new Quantum Leap series, Win 10/64
            Mike,

That is a great trick! I was able to download the missing episode - actually I re-downloaded all episodes from season 11 because I got a much better quality regarding the bitrate compared to downloading from Hulu. StreamFab definitely has issues with Hulu. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

There is no Season 11 of Mountain Men on Hulu. It only goes up to Season 10.

The About for version 5.0.5.6 says 5.0.5.6 and not 5.0.4.7.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 11.23.49 AM.png
Views:	207
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	415824
              Cats4U,

Where do I start ... Mountain Men Season 11 is on Hulu. I have now 5 episodes downloaded. Just look it up on Hulu, it's not hard.
              As to my "About" dialog, shot taken a few minutes ago, see attached screenshot.
              Also see attached screenshot from the StreamFab update check, taken a few minutes ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

That is a great trick! I was able to download the missing episode - actually I re-downloaded all episodes from season 11 because I got a much better quality regarding the bitrate compared to downloading from Hulu. StreamFab definitely has issues with Hulu. Thanks again!
                oldschool,

Nice that it worked out good for you.

I'm kinda hooked on Skinwalker Ranch, but it's like Oak Island Treasure hunting...

Never seems to find the Aliens/UFO's/Treasure despite all the equipment and experts they bring in.

Mike

Comment

Cats4U,

Where do I start ... Mountain Men Season 11 is on Hulu. I have now 5 episodes downloaded. Just look it up on Hulu, it's not hard.
                  As to my "About" dialog, shot taken a few minutes ago, see attached screenshot.
                  Also see attached screenshot from the StreamFab update check, taken a few minutes ago.
                  I don't know what region you are in or whatever but Hulu on the East Coast of the US does not have Season 11 of Mountain Men. It was that way when I first wrote you and that is the way it is now. The following screencap is of my Chrome browser but it is identical to the image from StreamFab. The season selector goes up to 10 and that's it. I double checked with Chrome so that I eliminated the possibility that it was only a StreamFab problem.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-06 2.59.52 PM.png
Views:	222
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	415891

As for your About display, are you by any chance using the pop-up updater instead of downloading the latest update from https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64 ?
                  It's been found that the pop-up updater doesn't always update completely. If you have used the pop-up, it is suggested that you do a complete uninstall of SF and do a clean install of SF from the URL above.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I don't know what region you are in or whatever but Hulu on the East Coast of the US does not have Season 11 of Mountain Men. It was that way when I first wrote you and that is the way it is now. The following screencap is of my Chrome browser but it is identical to the image from StreamFab. The season selector goes up to 10 and that's it. I double checked with Chrome so that I eliminated the possibility that it was only a StreamFab problem.

As for your About display, are you by any chance using the pop-up updater instead of downloading the latest update from https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64 ?
                    It's been found that the pop-up updater doesn't always update completely. If you have used the pop-up, it is suggested that you do a complete uninstall of SF and do a clean install of SF from the URL above.
                    OK so I'm in Colorado - should not make a difference. I do have Hulu + Live TV though. I always thought that after an episode aired on live TV it would be available on demand to all Hulu customers, not just the "+ Live TV" folks. Maybe Hulu puts in an extra delay before it is available for customers without Live TV? That would be pretty crappy though.

And yes, I usually use the pop-up updater b/c doing the "download+uninstall+install" dance on a weekly basis is not really great but anyway - I'll do the complete procedure with the next update and see if that fixes the problem with the "About" dialog. I'm still trying to figure out what could be wrong with the bitrates of Hulu downloads. I know we get only 1280x720 but still ... gettin at best 450 MByte per episode does not sound right. Downloading the same episode from History via Youtube gets me double the file size. And these small file sizes (low bitrates?) do happen with other TV shows on Hulu too. We'll see if a total reinstall changes anything.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what could be wrong with the bitrates of Hulu downloads. I know we get only 1280x720 but still ... gettin at best 450 MByte per episode does not sound right. Downloading the same episode from History via Youtube gets me double the file size. And these small file sizes (low bitrates?) do happen with other TV shows on Hulu too. We'll see if a total reinstall changes anything.
                      Nothing really to figure out - the coding of StreamFab for the Hulu downloader is just bad or Hulu itself is downgrading everything. Besides History, you'll get better results directly from ABC, FOX, and probably every other network that also releases on Hulu. Having said that, despite the low bitrate, I haven't personally seen any show on Hulu that I would describe as unwatchable. The results are surprisingly quite good in a relative sense. They are getting a lot out of a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X