Stream Fab and Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stream Fab and Hulu

I logged into Hulu through the stream fab with my credentials, but its not showing my local channels, instead it gives the local channels from Boston, MA, however when I log into hulu on a website it gives me my correct local channels in Tx. Is this a bug, glitch or a problem within the stream fab desktop app?

Originally posted by broomba View Post
    I logged into Hulu through the stream fab with my credentials, but its not showing my local channels, instead it gives the local channels from Boston, MA, however when I log into hulu on a website it gives me my correct local channels in Tx. Is this a bug, glitch or a problem within the stream fab desktop app?
    try clearing your cookies cache & data from app
    restart streamfab and retry hulu again and see if you can get your local channels.

Comment

How do i clear the cookies, cache and data from the app?

Comment

How do i clear the cookies, cache and data from the app?
        Hi broomba,

To find your path:

1. Run StreamFab
        2. At Top right click 3 slashes and choose "Open Log File"
        3. This will open to your Log File location
        4. Click > StreamFab > to the left of > Log in the displayed path
        5. This will show your Log file directory (for zipping if you need to attach for DVDFab/StreamFab to look at) and Temp Directory locations.
        6. Make note of the directory paths (type in notepad?)
        7. Close StreamFab
        8. Go to that path by using File Explorer in Windows (which I hope is your environment for this response) & delete the Temp directory
        9. Try opening StreamFab and using Hulu again to see if that fixed it.

What I did was setup a shortcut on my desktop for quick/easy access Log file folder zips and for deleting temp folder troubleshooting (see attachment)

I did suggest that a clear cache & temp files process be added from in StreamFab to make this easier back in February.

It might be cool/simpler with all the issues for troubleshooting if there was an option in StreamFab settings such as "Clear cache file on exit" to "Yes" that you could use (it would reset to "no" default in settings after each use)

Then simply go to Settings, Clear Cache on Exit, set to Yes, close StreamFab, Relaunch StreamFab and see if the problem is cleared up.

To which Mona responded on Valentine's day:

02-14-2022, 03:18 AM

Hello, thank you for the post and your suggestion about Clearing StreamFab Cache, I believe the developer will consider the suggestion. - Mona
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 10-07-2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Your instructions didnt work as I deleted everything and relogged in and still the same issue pops up, so I cancelled Hulu!

Comment

I think something is broken or not working with hulu and stream fab, nothing loads up to begin to downloading - its an endless loop of gathering information but nothing happens on any of the shows, and the home location within the stream fab settings via the app is broken too or stuck since i have tried everything to get it to accept and show my local channels in houston, instead I am getting Boston MA local channels -- that is not normal.

Comment

I think something is broken or not working with hulu and stream fab, nothing loads up to begin to downloading - its an endless loop of gathering information but nothing happens on any of the shows, and the home location within the stream fab settings via the app is broken too or stuck since i have tried everything to get it to accept and show my local channels in houston, instead I am getting Boston MA local channels -- that is not normal.
              Please provide the StreamFab log file too, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X