P+ incomplete downloads with 5056

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P+ incomplete downloads with 5056

I feel like the problem thread has disappeared.
    Ever since the 5056 module came out to fix an incomplete downloads issue with P+, I am still getting incomplete downloads. I do primarily TV shows. The video seems to stop at the point where you would see the closing credits. Cheers, NCIS, CSI: NY, pick a show, the video ends before the credits are supposed to roll.
    I know other members have reported same issues, please concur here. I have uploaded extensive logs to support already (regular log file, qef log, metadata).
    Since version 5054 SF has been of no value to me for P+. I hope I have provided enough info to resolve it.
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-09-2022, 01:54 AM.

Have you looked at those videos using a regular browser? If you did you'd probably see the same thing I saw and reported already. Paramount is doing the same trick that you often see on regular TV broadcasts. They are taking the actual TV show (in this case, the ending credits) and putting them into a small PIP (Picture In Picture) box and using the rest of the full screen to advertise upcoming shows or whatever. StreamFab is just doing what we would hope it would always do and that is to cut out the advertisement. Unfortunately it takes out the small PIP box, as well, but it is almost impossible to read the credits in the box anyway. Blame Paramount, not StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
      I do primarily TV shows. The video seems to stop at the point where you would see the closing credits. Cheers, NCIS, CSI: NY, pick a show, the video ends before the credits are supposed to roll.
      Hi MrKrawk,

As Cats4U pointed out in response above, Paramount Plus started doing credits in PIP and StreamFab edits them out like they do commercials.

This was coincidentally timed after StreamFab 5.0.5.6 came out.

This also occurs on StreamFab 5.0.5.3 (which I booted too & tested) - video cut off before showing credits.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      Have you looked at those videos using a regular browser? If you did you'd probably see the same thing I saw and reported already. Paramount is doing the same trick that you often see on regular TV broadcasts. They are taking the actual TV show (in this case, the ending credits) and putting them into a small PIP (Picture In Picture) box and using the rest of the full screen to advertise upcoming shows or whatever. StreamFab is just doing what we would hope it would always do and that is to cut out the advertisement. Unfortunately it takes out the small PIP box, as well, but it is almost impossible to read the credits in the box anyway. Blame Paramount, not StreamFab.
      Hi Cats4U,

Maybe it's something that DVDFab/StreamFab could look at in order to process the credits differently and not just delete when they are PIP?

Not unreasonable to request for them to look at this.

Plays with credits in box in browser (See attached 1) via Paramountplus.com
      Competitor edits out commercials *and* plays credits normally (See Attached 2) downloaded just now.

Mike
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 10-09-2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I guess it is possible if the other guy is doing it but at this point I'd be happy if our developer just fixed the subtitle missing problem and the 4-times scene loop problem and then just left it alone. I've lost all confidence in him/her. Fixes one thing and causes two other problems. 6 weeks is a long time to wait for usable videos.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
          Netflix does PIP credits. Amazon does PIP credits. Those modules retrieve the entire episode fine. P+ has done PIP credits for several months and it worked right up til 5054. The metadata says the episode is supposed to be xx:xx length so there's that. Yes, there was a recent change with 5054, but I think it's something else causing the episode to stop.
          And there's always the other program, which still works correctly, so we know it's possible.
          Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-12-2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Just looked at this "PIP" that is being mentioned. It's not really PIP, it just gives a Popup wanting to jump to the next episode. Like I mentioned before, netflix does that too. Previously we were having P+ problems because there was a popup before the show advertising the Showtime bundle so the heuristics are basically the same.

Comment

Half the people here do not scan to see if the whole movie is downloaded Mr. Krawk is correct. I even bet more than half do not have a complete download of their library is incomplete. I also had incomplete downloads but I scan each and every download to see if I have a Beginning and an ending point.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
              X